• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

illadelph

unlike Brawl, I'm going to go on media blackout a couple weeks before this comes out. It'll be awesome when I see "CHALLENGER APPROACHING" and am in complete shock as to who made it into the game

unlike Brawl, I'm going to go on media blackout a couple weeks before this comes out. It'll be awesome when I see "CHALLENGER APPROACHING" and am in complete shock as to who made it into the game
I tried to do that with Brawl. It didn't work out so well. I hope I have more willpower here.

I also hope that there are more creative ways to unlock all the characters. I didn't enjoy unlocking nearly every character just by completing the Subspace Emissary.

illadelph

I tried to do that with Brawl. It didn't work out so well. I hope I have more willpower here.

I also hope that there are more creative ways to unlock all the characters. I didn't enjoy unlocking nearly every character just by completing the Subspace Emissary.

I hope there is a more creative way to play single-player. Subspace Emissary was a bland experience

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I did that with brawl after the first couple trailers, but it didn't work out so well. My willpower was fine, but you basically would have to be on a blackout of every single last thing that discusses video games for like a year. Facebook, Neogaf, Reddit, Podcasts, IGN, Gamespot, anywhere you might look for just general video game information is going to spoil you on every last character and most stages. Some items will be a surprise and all movesets are going to be new to you, but I don't know if its possible to not be spoiled on the stuff that really matters.

Won't stop me from trying again after the first trailer or screenshots gets shown.

illadelph

I did that with brawl after the first couple trailers, but it didn't work out so well. My willpower was fine, but you basically would have to be on a blackout of every single last thing that discusses video games for like a year. Facebook, Neogaf, Reddit, Podcasts, IGN, Gamespot, anywhere you might look for just general video game information is going to spoil you on every last character and most stages. Some items will be a surprise and all movesets are going to be new to you, but I don't know if its possible to not be spoiled on the stuff that really matters.

Won't stop me from trying again after the first trailer or screenshots gets shown.

no, I mean, I'll follow the Dojo and everything (if there is one) but I won't seek out the final roster when it leaks

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Being able to do that would depend on NoE being able to keep up with their improved scheduling. Last two (not really aware of the N64 situation) Smash games came out much much later so it was impossible to go on a media blackout without basically not going online at all.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Careful man, I remember a friend of mine said the same thing about Krystal when Brawl hit...

he isn't around anymore (lol)

LOOOOOL Krystal

i do hope they add krystal to complete the space animals.
and another female

Let's double team Sakurai if Krystal gets in.

Really, it's either Slippy or Leon if, and only if, Star Fox gets a new rep. Personally I prefer Panther. But hey I guess Japan wants another joke character or a gay chameleon psychopath.

Boney

Banned
Being able to do that would depend on NoE being able to keep up with their improved scheduling. Last two (not really aware of the N64 situation) Smash games came out much much later so it was impossible to go on a media blackout without basically not going online at all.

why won't you answer me dammit

KevinCow

Banned
They should just add all the Star Fox characters. Peppy, Slippy, Krystal, Leon, Pigma, Andrew, Panther, Andross, and all the other shitty fanfic ones the created for Command.

And they should all have a blaster for B, a side dash for side B, a reflector for down B, a fiery dash that can go in any direction for up B, and a landmaster for their final smash.

And Ookami will still get upset when anyone implies that they're anything close to clones.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's the second time today I noticed I forgot the 't' at the of thought. I've been accused of dropping my ts in my speech. Didn't realise it would start to affect my typing too.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
They should just add all the Star Fox characters. Peppy, Slippy, Krystal, Leon, Pigma, Andrew, Panther, Andross, and all the other shitty fanfic ones the created for Command.

And they should all have a blaster for B, a side dash for side B, a reflector for down B, a fiery dash that can go in any direction for up B, and a landmaster for their final smash.

And Ookami will still get upset when anyone implies that they're anything close to clones.

Oh u

I only want Panther tho :(

27515817_mr7urw.png

I would be okay with Krystal, honestly. Like it or not, she's one of the less obscure Star Fox characters - that is, even people who don't play the series know of her without having to look up much about the series's plotlines. If they could include her without playing her up for sex appeal, though, so much the better.

Also, I think I want it just so I can see Professor Beef attempt to walk across the Pacific Ocean.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They'll complain that Nintendo didn't listen, but when you do something like that you are clearly asking to be disappointed.

So fellow Gaffers, when do you think this game will officially be shown? Do you think they'll show the WiiU and 3DS versions at separate times?

Yes, characters from series focusing almost entirely on guns is going to make it into Smash despite Sakurai's non-laser gun ban. Sure.

The Quake series actually is pretty notorious for using guns that don't use bullets as ammunition. And we do have characters using grenade and rocket launchers, plasma guns and lightning generally, so...

The only weapons of the series that use bullets are the pump gun from Quake 1, the chain gun from Quake 2, the machine gun from Quake 2 and onwards, as well as the shotgun variants from all games.
And I guess you could say the 2 nail guns from Quake 1 are a bit grim as well.

Otherwise, only explosives and futuristic shit like rail gun or plasma gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom