• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
A lot of them are also suck as far as logos go. Some of them have way to much detail in them.

I think one of the worst was the Rhythm Tengoku series logo.

They need to consider that the series are represented not by a tracing of a game's logo but a symbol that makes you think of that series.

I think one of the worst was the Rhythm Tengoku series logo.

They need to consider that the series are represented not by a tracing of a game's logo but a symbol that makes you think of that series.

What, you don't think of Rhythm Tengoku when you see clouds?

Nintendo are never going to top Ocarina of Time man, when the next Zelda is announced i'm gonna say they should just port OoT instead even if they've already made a port of said game because why even try to beat PERFECTION right? (that isn't actually perfect).

So yeah Melee HD, SO DEEP! THE DEEPEST! DAT ROSTER! screw new, we can have old and it's guranteed to be better because I know more about game design that that fool Sakurai.

As you may guess I didn't take that comment well either, how silly for many reasons.

SmithnCo

hey guys they should just scrap SSB4 and just port melee

i mean that's TOTALLY a great idea huh huh huh :V

Port it over, with everything intact, but add tripping.

jNWfyTcSfNjjM_e.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Have a Melee physics button but in this mode it only recognises GCN controller since that's what Melee uses.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Best idea. The ultimate "fuck you" to Melee fanboys. LOL

EDIT: And they should make tripping occur 5 times more often.

Hahaha. Melee was great game, but It should be remain to be same, because I don't want them to port it or touch it at all. Brawl was great game in different categories, and still have a lot of fun with friends whenever they popped up for games. I hope that they remain to do that with SSB4, because I'm afraid that they would ruin SSB4.

The other thread stinks of desperation and Melee fap fests. I'm glad we can still have civilized conversation in this thread without resorting to MAYLAY IS TEH BST BROLL IS TEH SUK TIRES DON EXITS

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
GAF didn't even had a proper OT back then right? Man...

well, there were a huge thread for SSBB, and they had three different thread for SSBB. I believe one is just for SSBB general, spoilers and leaked/rumors thread. It was way before they added new rules for making new thread for new news, and OT.

Hopefully SSB4 would be better, but I seriously doubt it.

Just imagine when SSB4 gets officially revealed and has a dojo site... oh boy.

I'm looking forward for many people getting banned in those threads. I know that there will be victims, just like SSBB.

hahahahah that other thread

A lot of smash cycle is ongoing, and I assume that we need to add shoto to the cycle :p

Edited:

Gamefaqs is still clusterfuck with a lot of wish lists, so I'm done with gamefaqs. However, I found a interesting thread. I would love to know more about that, so it might help us to predict who will be next to be added.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/63856535

There is a lot of incorrect information in that list, but the idea behind the topic is right.

Bowser, Mewtwo, Dedede, and Wolf were all planned, and they all made it into Melee and Brawl. Those are the only characters who were planned for the first Smash Bros. that didn't make it in - there were no plans for Peach, Pit, Meowth or whoever else.

Melee

Sakurai wasn't sure if he could get permission to use Marth from Intelligent Systems, so he had some concepts for Dedede drawn up. In a way, Dedede was replaced by both Marth and the six clones (since Sakurai opted to use the extra development time to implement them rather than Dedede).

Wario, Leaf (from Fire Emblem), and Wolf were all considered as clones, but they were all dropped for various reasons and later were used in Brawl (although Leaf was in Melee as a costume).

Sakurai also came up with the gimmick behind Pokemon Trainer during Melee's development, although the character would have been made up of the G/S/C starters instead of the R/B/Y ones (since he originally envisioned the character as a second-gen representative). He got cut because it would have taken a lot of work to make the character and everyone felt that that one character wouldn't be the best use of resources.

And then there's the thing where Lucas was going to replace Ness and take his moveset that everyone already knows.

I don't even know where you got the idea that Scizor was planned; I've never heard that before. Did you make it up just now?

Like I said... Speculation.

You're also forgetting the fact that even characters that work as doubles have separate data/files. (See: Ice Climbers).

We aren't sure what that was going to be.

"pra_mai" can't refer to anything but Plusle and Minun. It's like if someone cracked open the first SSB and found references to "fushigi" or something. And it doesn't make sense to say that they were only in the game as a test for some other character, because why would they specifically be in the game as a test and not Mewtwo, Roy, or Dr. Mario? I don't think it's a coincidence that if you were to put all of the cut Brawl characters into the game, you would pretty much have all of Melee's roster.

Edit: God damn it Ookami, why'd you invite the Melee trolls over to our beautiful community thread?

I would love to know more about that, so it might help us to predict who will be next to be added.

Most of these are rumors or simply false.

I know only of very few things that are sure, and Wolf certainly never was on any of those blogs from Sakurai or interviews or anything.
The only things I remember was Sukapon being considered for SSB64, and Dedede and Wario for Melee, but I'm not even sure if that is correct. Oh, and that Kojima asked for Snake in Melee, but the game already was so far ahead in development that they didn't want to add any more characters.

I guess someone needs to get Sir Ilpalazzo, iirc he collected all the information of characters that had been considered in the previous installments.

The other thread stinks of desperation and Melee fap fests. I'm glad we can still have civilized conversation in this thread without resorting to MAYLAY IS TEH BST BROLL IS TEH SUK TIRES DON EXITS

Melee fap fests...
and it stinks...

Oh, boy.

I seriously don't get why everyone likes Melee so much, yeah it's cool but Jesus Christ move on.

KevinCow

Banned
guys

you just don't understand project m

it's not like they're just trying to remake melee

they just changed everything back to the way it was in melee because melee

KevinCow

Banned
guys this hack to turn brawl into melee was popular at a tournament that had melee in the name

clear proof that it's going to have an awesome active competitive scene that isn't a tiny niche

guys

you just don't understand project m

it's not like they're just trying to remake melee

they just changed everything back to the way it was in melee because melee

Oh god, I don't even want to explain why I dislike Project M in that other thread. The only people who understood my stance on it were my fellow posters in the weekly FGT threads.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Edit: God damn it Ookami, why'd you invite the Melee trolls over to our beautiful community thread?

I know only of very few things that are sure, and Wolf certainly never was on any of those blogs from Sakurai or interviews or anything.
The only things I remember was Sukapon being considered for SSB64, and Dedede and Wario for Melee, but I'm not even sure if that is correct. Oh, and that Kojima asked for Snake in Melee, but the game already was so far ahead in development that they didn't want to add any more characters.

I guess someone needs to get Sir Ilpalazzo, iirc he collected all the information of characters that had been considered in the previous installments.

The post that I posted in quote was made by Sir Ilpalazzo at GameFaqs.

Most of that stuff is stuff cednym posted in this thread before he got banned; I would have thought you would have remembered that since I think you were actively posting at the time. It's all stuff he got from Famitsu articles and previously-untranslated Japanese interviews that I didn't know about when I made that SSB trivia post years ago.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37915502&postcount=7506

He posted a link somewhere else to a source, but I'd have to look harder for that.

GamerSoul

I'll add random Pokemon Gen debate/discussion as a branch of the Lucario replacement part of the cycle.Yep, I'm adding inner cycles to the cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom