• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out of all names they could drop they call Ghirahim a "star"? A character who was in only a single Zelda, and only the latest one to boot? Really?
And then they say fucking Olimar, who's the main protagonist of his own series should be cut? Or that Wolf, one of the main rivals and antagonists of Star Fox, should be cut? Or Sonic, one of the most popular video game characters of all times, representing not only the rivalry between Nintendo and Sega in the 90s but also their cooperation nowadays?

Wow, just... wow.

Well they are the official UK magazine but they literally only know what NoE tells them.

Nintendo of Europe is trying to subtly dampen the fallout from those ten characters getting cut from SSB4?

EDIT: Hey Arremer, it's not like there's a new Pikmin coming out soon or anything. And Sonic and Snake? Who the hell are they?

It's good that all i'm expecting and really desire is a Wii U release date, a price and another NSMBU trailer if i'm lucky.

YEAH! expectations met and then some, see this is how you do it, actually PAL regions don't have any set price yet so clearly i've failed.

Bayonetta is obviously not gonna happen but she'd have a pretty spiffy moveset i'm sure.

Oh, and Fluttershy would clearly be the best fighter of all time, too.

Who doesn't really dislike Silver?

Smash doesn't have an "accidental" fighter, Fluttershy would fit the bill nicely and could glide!

I like Silver's gloves and that's it.
Actually I prefer him to Shadow at least.

Right now.

My wishlist:

The dog from Duck Hunt
Bayonetta
GENO!!!!
Silver the Hedgehog
Yada Yada

Frankly, I wouldn't mind any of these characters save for Geno. lol

Who doesn't really dislike Silver?

I actually like Silver, except for his visual design and his voice actor. But I love the concept and the powers the character has. He just had the bad luck of being introduced in the worst Sonic game of all the bad ones, and having a pretty bad voice actor (though, to be fair, all the voice actors in that game were terrible, but that's beside the point).

Out of all the post-Sonic Adventures characters, though, I'd say he's one of the most interesting conceptually.

Kokonoe

Banned
They need more retro presidents first.

I was so sure that I must've read this the wrong way round, you must really dislike Silver.
If only it was left more ambiguous without the hedgehog part, I could totally warp this into a pokemon rival thing.

Possibly my least liked character out of all video games.

Smash doesn't have an "accidental" fighter, Fluttershy would fit the bill nicely and could glide!
Fluttershy could even snap necks. You better protect yours!

I actually like Silver, except for his visual design and his voice actor. But I love the concept and the powers the character has. He just had the bad luck of being introduced in the worst Sonic game of all the bad ones, and having a pretty bad voice actor (though, to be fair, all the voice actors in that game were terrible, but that's beside the point).

Out of all the post-Sonic Adventures characters, though, I'd say he's one of the most interesting conceptually.
I kind of like how he's now voiced by Raiden.

I dunno, I've got mixed feelings about Silver. The whole physics manipulation idea (taken from a cancelled early-7th-generation Sonic Team game IIRC) was pretty cool... Although the concept had kind of already been investigated fairly thoroughly in Half-Life 2 (particularly Ravenholm), and that implementation was handled much better and consistently than what Sonic Team came up with. His personality is okay; a bit generic (the guy who's really eager to help, but very gullible, and ends up making things worse for everyone involved). His backstory, though... that future no longer exists, considering the game erased itself from existence. Yet he came back in Rivals 2 anyway? What's his motivation now? Where did he come from? Why does he still exist?

Eh, I don't count Sonic 360 as a game in the "main continuity" for lack of a better word. It certainly isn't in the same "timeline" as the Genesis trilogy, Adventures, etc.

Kokonoe

Banned
Well, one of my issues with Silver is that his introduction was rather pointless and there were so many characters being created at the time that had lackluster development.

His role essentially was to be the next Shadow The Hedgehog, but there was already a edgy alternative to Sonic so it was just adding another just because they could.

Kokonoe

Banned
If you want to be technical, Sonic already had Metal Sonic, so we didn't even really need Shadow as an edgy alternative to the blue guy.

Metal Sonic isn't edgy, he's evil. Shadow is an anti hero, Metal Sonic is a pure villain.

*edit*

Well you can call evil "edgy", but I'm more referring to that "bad-boy" style.

I don't know, do you see those all those sharp points on Metal Sonic?

O U.

His role essentially was to be the next Shadow The Hedgehog, but there was already a edgy alternative to Sonic so it was just adding another just because they could.

Looking at this role in Sonic 360, which was pretty much the only game in which Silver got any actual development... I'd argue that his role wasn't to be the "next Shadow" - I mean, they already got Shadow to be Shadow. His role more is to be a younger counterpart to Sonic, similar to Tails, but less as a partner and "little brother" but more like... Sonic's understudy for the lack of a better word. Basically, Silver would learn how to be a "better hero" from Sonic. The fact that Silver is actually younger than Sonic and that he is obviously more naive and gullible, seems to speak for that fact.

I would only accept Silver if he had Gravity Squeeze as his Final Smash, and he would need to copy Magneto's lines from Marvel 3.

That would be awesome, but... they would have to change references to mutantkind. lol

Fluttershy could even snap necks. You better protect yours!
Can't effectively defend when i'm too busy averting the stare, or final smash assertive mode.

I would only accept Silver if he had Gravity Squeeze as his Final Smash, and he would need to copy Magneto's lines from Marvel 3.
Impossible, he would not be able to resist his favourite line.
YOU ARE DEFE-IT'S NO USE! TAKE THIS!

Hmm I wonder how well you could apply moves like repulsion and attraction to smash without breaking things, I enjoy toying with those moves.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Here is my wishy washy crazy dream list. My list isn't finalized yet, so I'm still working on the list.

Mushroom Kingdom
Mario
Princess Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

Luigi's Mansion
Luigi

Yoshi's Island
Yoshi

Warioware
Wario

Wario Land
Captain Syrup

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Pokemon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff

Kid Icarus
Pit
Palutena
Medusa/Hades

Kirby
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Fire Emblem
Marth
Roy
Ike/Chrom

Metroid
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Star Fox
Fox
Wolf

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow

Ice Climber
Ice Climbers

Advance Wars
Andy/Sami

Balloon Fights
Balloon Fighter

Rolling Western
Dillon

Joy Mecha Fight
Sukapon

Tomato Adventure
DeMille

Pikmin
Captain Olimar

Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch

Animal Crossing
Tom Nook

Golden Sun
Isaac/Felix/Matthew

Xenoblade
Shulk

Gyromite
R.O.B.

Wii
Mii

Star Tropic
Mike Jones

The Mysterious Murasame Castle
Takamaru

Punch-Out!!
Little Mac

Duck Hunt
Laughing Dog

Metal Gear Solid
Solid Snake

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic

Mega Man
Megaman

Bomberman
Bomberman

Removed
Falco
Lucario

Gravijah

wishlist:

Ridge-Racer-Car-select-screen.jpg

GamerSoul

:lol Iwata just mention that the games is still in development. I knew it that he just mention it and show nothing.

figures.

Bayonetta in Smash is look a bit more realistic. I doubt it but can you imagine that craziness?

My wish list for newcommers( i love doing these);

Captain Syrup
Lyn
Krom
Lil Mac
Isaac
Ridley
Impa
Takamaru
Sami (idk what spelling to use)
Palutena
Ray MK (Gundam inspired)

..and Jody Summers i guess

Moar female characters.

If Nintendo decided to go balls to the wall with third party characters, I'd like to see

Simon Belmont
Bayonetta
Professor Layton
Phoenix Wright
Neku Sakuraba
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Geno (third-party technically)

They're all plausible enough imo.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If Nintendo decided to go balls to the wall with third party characters, I'd like to see

Simon Belmont
Bayonetta
Professor Layton
Phoenix Wright
Neku Sakuraba
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Geno (third-party technically)

They're all plausible enough imo.

A bit too much love for Capcom don't you think?

Kokonoe

Banned
If we were to ever receive a character from Konami, my clear choice would be
Atem/Yugi
Alucard. Richter and Shanoa are good choices as well, as is classic Simon Belmont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom