• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinCow

Banned
Wily's Castle.

Specifically, the room full of teleporters to refight the game's 8 robot masters that you usually encounter in the third Wily stage.

Every so often, 8 teleporters will open up, and when a player jumps into one, everyone is transported to a random Mega Man 1-10 stage. Fight there for a bit, then everyone is transported back to the teleporter room.

I'd only want Wily Stage 1 from MM7 because of the song alone.

Such an underrated gem. Everyone names NES Mega Man games when it comes to music, but I think this is one of the best, if not THE best Wily Castle theme, and possibly even classic Mega Man song. Better than MM2 Wily Castle 1 for sure, though - such an amazing atmosphere.

Kokonoe

Banned
Such an underrated gem. Everyone names NES Mega Man games when it comes to music, but I think this is one of the best, if not THE best Wily Castle theme, and possibly even classic Mega Man song. Better than MM2 Wily Castle 1 for sure, though - such an amazing atmosphere.

I have finally found someone who shares an opinion I have which is unpopular, this is an excellent day.

Snakey

I'd only want Wily Stage 1 from MM7 because of the song alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z5oi3vWXlw

That's funny because the MM7 Dr. Wily Stage 1 is one of my favorite Dr. Wily themes as well. Its definitely very underrated.

The only Nintendo character left that I want to see be made playable that has not been added in yet is Ridley. Just Ridley. This character is even going to have a major cameo in Nintendoland. Really Ridley is the only major character re-occurring character left from Nintendo's major franchises not yet playable.

The only other characters I have on my wishlist for Smash 4 are Mega Man, Mewtwo, and Roy.

Kokonoe

Banned
What's nice about it is that it's one of the few Mega Man tracks that's compelling to reach a goal, but not in a tone that makes it seem as if you are an unstoppable juggernaut and are about to go gun blazing into everything. It sets the mood nicely for the level.

Mega Man VII's music is underrated in general. (Although I prefer Dr. Wily's Castle 1/2 from MM2 anyway, sorry.)

Y'know another good set of castle themes that's underrated? MM8's. Similarly moody.

"We're the Robots" from MM9 is probably my favorite.

Despite my disappointment in Mega Man 10's music overall, it has some damn great Wily music.
I actually really like MM10's soundtrack; the tunes are a bit more complex than your typical NES Mega Man fare, admittedly, but it still manages to work, more often than it doesn't. "Endless Mode" is one of my favorite Mega Man tracks ever.

Wily 1 is seriously one of the best Mega Man tracks. Especially the way it plays in the stage, not kicking off until you've entered Wily's fortress and beaten the first mini-boss.
Even more fun is how the tune before it ties directly into it. Compare 0:12 from this track to ~0:30 of that track.

Javier

Is The Last Story fully owned by Nintendo? Because it's the game I'm currently playing and I would love seeing it represented in Smash.

Boney

Banned
You'll be my best friend if you do it. A Community thread is long overdue.

25th anniversary thread is enough of a graveyard, we don't need 2 burying grounds to say goodbye to our good (and not so good) friend

I'm all for discussing the Megaman cartoon every 2 days though!

Mewtwo is shitty, why you want him back

Hold up hold up holdddd upppp, lemme take care of something first..

1242586_o.gif

Aight now what this foo' say?!

tumblr_ma1xdcvuuy1qerruwo1_500.gif

Mewtwo Master Race

Azure J

Dudes in here talking about Mega Man 10's soundtrack know what's up. While it doesn't have the sheer number of good songs as 9, the best of 10's soundtrack demolish 9s and almost every other classic series OST single handedly.

Future World
King of Blades (Blade Man)
Polluted Pump (Pump Man)
Desert Commando (Commando Man - Best Stage Theme)
Silent Rain (Prelude to Wily Stage 1)
Abandoned Memory
Against The Pressure (Wily Stage 2)
No Turning Back (Wily Stage 3)
Dr. Wily Castle - Final (I loved the context for this one :lol)
Deep In Space

Here is my wishy washy crazy dream list. My list isn't finalized yet, so I'm still working on the list.

Mushroom Kingdom
Mario
Princess Peach
Bowser
Daisy (I want a tomboy athletic type and a Sports/Party/MarioLand rep to counter Peach's overly cutesy feminine type, also dat Strikers alt)

Luigi's Mansion
Luigi

Yoshi's Island
Yoshi
Kamek (Would make for an awesome troll magician type)

Warioware
Wario

Wario Land
Captain Syrup

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Pokemon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff

Kid Icarus
Pit
Palutena
Medusa/Hades

Kirby
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Fire Emblem
Marth
Roy
Ike/Chrom

Metroid
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Star Fox
Fox
Wolf

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow

Ice Climber
Ice Climbers

Advance Wars
Andy/Sami

Balloon Fights
Balloon Fighter

Rolling Western
Dillon

Joy Mecha Fight
Sukapon

Tomato Adventure
DeMille

Pikmin
Captain Olimar

Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch

Animal Crossing
Tom Nook

Golden Sun
Isaac/Felix/Matthew

Xenoblade
Shulk

Gyromite
R.O.B.

Wii
Mii

StarTropics
Mike Jones

The Mysterious Murasame Castle
Takamaru

Punch-Out!!
Little Mac

Duck Hunt
Laughing Dog

Metal Gear Solid
Solid Snake

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic

Mega Man
Megaman

Bomberman
Bomberman

Removed
Falco
Lucario

IntelliHeath with the exception of one character (two if I must be greedy, three if some deity smiles with me and includes a Toad that plays like a Smash version of Abel from Super Street Fighter IV), has completely nailed my "hopeful" list for a Smash 4 roster. Cool. Only thing would be cooler is if we got someone from Square either Chrono or Neku, but I'm not holding my breath. :p

*Addendum: I don't advocate for the removal of characters in this series but if it's necessary, this is how I'd like to see it approached.

IntelliHeath said:
Here is my wishy washy crazy dream list. My list isn't finalized yet, so I'm still working on the list.

Mushroom Kingdom
Mario
Princess Peach
Bowser
Daisy (I want a tomboy athletic type and a Sports/Party/MarioLand rep to counter Peach's overly cutesy feminine type, also dat Strikers alt)

Luigi's Mansion
Luigi

Yoshi's Island
Yoshi
Kamek (Would make for an awesome troll magician type)

Warioware
Wario

Wario Land
Captain Syrup

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Pokemon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff

Kid Icarus
Pit
Palutena
Medusa/Hades

Kirby
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Fire Emblem
Marth
Roy
Ike/Chrom

Metroid
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Star Fox
Fox
Wolf

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow

Ice Climber
Ice Climbers

Advance Wars
Andy/Sami

Balloon Fights
Balloon Fighter

Rolling Western
Dillon

Joy Mecha Fight
Sukapon

Tomato Adventure
DeMille

Pikmin
Captain Olimar

Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch

Animal Crossing
Tom Nook

Golden Sun
Isaac/Felix/Matthew

Xenoblade
Shulk

Gyromite
R.O.B.

Wii
Mii

StarTropics
Mike Jones

The Mysterious Murasame Castle
Takamaru

Punch-Out!!
Little Mac

Duck Hunt
Laughing Dog

Metal Gear Solid
Solid Snake

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic

Mega Man
Megaman

Bomberman
Bomberman

Removed
Falco
Lucario

I think Shulk would make a decent addition to the next Smash Bros. I never played Xenoblade, but sometimes I watched my brother play the game. My brother wants Dunban in it. For Golden Sun characters, I would add either Mathew or Isaac in it. They should change Ganondorf's movesets if possible so it won't be a clone of Captain Falcon.

Kjellson

I want
Zanza
to be in as a second Xenoblade character, because I think it deserves two reps, but
there are a lot of crap going on around him during the battle which would make him huge
, lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
By the time the first proper bit of SmashU news comes out we'll all be gibbering apes and in no fit state to start a thread.

KevinCow

Banned
By the time the first proper bit of SmashU news comes out we'll all be gibbering apes and in no fit state to start a thread.

When that happens, we should probably stick to this thread while the normal people
and Melee fans
stick to the Gaming board threads. Probably best for everyone involved.

GamerSoul

lol I mean clearly.

When that happens, we should probably stick to this thread while the normal people
and Melee fans
stick to the Gaming board threads. Probably best for everyone involved.

No...we'll be there.

When they proclaim that Ridley is too BIG once again. We'll be there.

When that one guy that wants Geno goes on and on about how awesome he is. We'll be there...sadly.

When they another heated Brawl vs Melee vs 64 debate becomes unearthed from inner depths of their nostalgic hearts. We'll be there.

When they shit on clones and try their hardest to exterminate their existence. We'll be there.

And when said clones arguments sparks an inner feud between the Pokemon generations. We'll be there with our pokemans ready for a 6 on 6.

When they dare to saturate Smash with their shitty, omg the shitty, 3rd party character ideas.. We'll be there.

When they try their hardest to persuade the population that this game should be played by their own perceived rules.... We'll be there.

Through the pain, megatons, bitter tears, sorrow, bans, craziness, we'll all be there.

We are the keepers of the Smash Cycle. :3

P.S. I couldn't keep a straight face while writing this. I know I'm missing some but it made me realize how large the cycle has become.

Tears of joy, we've become one with the cycle, and to think once the information begins to trickle down there will be NEW stages to the cycle. Obscure or strange wording will cause us to question a characters fate ("up until now..."), desperate screenshot analysis as we comb over for even the most minor of information.
Oh I can't wait, I crave some information.

GamerSoul

Tears of joy, we've become one with the cycle, and to think once the information begins to trickle down there will be NEW stages to the cycle. Obscure or strange wording will cause us to question a characters fate ("up until now..."), desperate screenshot analysis as we comb over for even the most minor of information.
Oh I can't wait, I crave some information.

lol true there will probably be more stages to the cycle :eek:

Same here. We need that info. It's all in the name of fun though, so it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom