• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinCow

Banned
And yet no one still made a smash cycle pic

We don't need one. This is our logo.

By4DG.jpg

Yeah! I'll be there to defend Generation V and explain why Generation I isn't the gospel!

That's apparently my role on just about every thread here...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
IntelliHeath with the exception of one character (two if I must be greedy, three if some deity smiles with me and includes a Toad that plays like a Smash version of Abel from Super Street Fighter IV), has completely nailed my "hopeful" list for a Smash 4 roster. Cool. Only thing would be cooler is if we got someone from Square either Chrono or Neku, but I'm not holding my breath. :p

*Addendum: I don't advocate for the removal of characters in this series but if it's necessary, this is how I'd like to see it approached.

Hmm, I guess I could be okay with them but many people would claimed them as filler characters. Sticky situation.

LOL, DeMille? Seriously? The same DeMille from an obscure decade-old second party GBA game?

Indeed. I think he could have interesting moveset. It's just fun thing that I want to do to kill some free time. He may have low chance to be in game because no one more likely don't remember him.

I think Shulk would make a decent addition to the next Smash Bros. I never played Xenoblade, but sometimes I watched my brother play the game. My brother wants Dunban in it. For Golden Sun characters, I would add either Mathew or Isaac in it. They should change Ganondorf's movesets if possible so it won't be a clone of Captain Falcon.

Yes, please.

Personally, he's not my cup of tea like Olimar.

And Heath, that's an awesome list, btw.

Thanks!

Yeah! I'll be there to defend Generation V and explain why Generation I isn't the gospel!

That's apparently my role on just about every thread here...

And I shall be there to remind you all that gen 6 should be around the corner, making all this gen talk pointless. :)

Oh, and I will be there to remind people how either Mona or Captain Syrup would be great additions for the Wario series.

Oh, and I will also be there to remind people that AW awesome, has had 15 games and deserves a place at the table!

I shall also be there to point out how it doesn't seem likely that Namco's gonna waste their character slot on Pac Man ... that's pretty much my role in these threads.

Kokonoe

Banned
And I shall be there to remind you all that gen 6 should be around the corner, making all this gen talk pointless. :)

Oh, and I will be there to remind people how either Mona or Captain Syrup would be great additions for the Wario series.

Oh, and I will also be there to remind people that AW awesome, has had 15 games and deserves a place at the table!

I shall also be there to point out how it doesn't seem likely that Namco's gonna waste their character slot on Pac Man ... that's pretty much my role in these threads.

Even if it wasn't, it'd still remain pointless. I have such a bad habit of doing pointless things.

GamerSoul

I'll will be pretty disapponited if we don't get atleast a few female characters like those. It's getting ridiculous now.

I have weird feeling that we might get Dixie and Krystal.

They need to hurry up with announcement of Pokemon Generation 6.

Dixie depends on whether they want to follow up on what they had planned for her Brawl or if they want to go with fan popularity and go with K. Rool instead. Either way thanks to Returns making DKC a big series again I see DK getting another rep.

No way on Krystal though. Star Fox already has 3 reps for what really only amounts to two good games and the more I think a Star Fox reboot is coming, the more I think Nintendo's going to leave her out of the series permanently. I wanted her in Brawl just since Wolf seemed like he'd wind up being a clone (for the most part he wasn't), but now it just seems pointless.

I'm sure people will be all for the bottomless ape and the either scantily-clad or tight catsuit-wearing vixen, yes.

I'd be all for playing who made the bramble stages in DKC2 remotely beatable for my 7 year old self. >:[

My bets/wants for female reps are Palutena, a toss-up between Mona or Syrup, Jill and Lip.
if Rare was still with Nintendo we could've had Gruntilda and Joanna by now :(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'd be all for playing who made the bramble stages in DKC2 remotely beatable for my 7 year old self. >:[

My bets/wants for female reps are Palutena, a toss-up between Mona or Syrup, Jill and Lip.
if Rare was still with Nintendo we could've had Gruntilda and Joanna by now :(

Banjoo Kazookie, Conker, Joanna and Gemini Jet Force. Huge Disappointment...

KevinCow

Banned
Oh yeah.

The "Let's get depressed because Rare characters aren't in Smash and never will be" part of the Smash Cycle.

Forgot about that one. :(

Kjellson

Could someone tell me why people are so certain Takamaru is going to be in this game? A few months ago I had never heard of his game, and I don't remember him being discussed pre-Brawl. Where did this Takamaru movement suddenly come from and why do people believe a character from an old Japan-only game will surely be playable?

SmithnCo

Could someone tell me why people are so certain Takamaru is going to be in this game? A few months ago I had never heard of his game, and I don't remember him being discussed pre-Brawl. Where did this Takamaru movement suddenly come from and why do people believe a character from an old Japan-only game will surely be playable?

He's in Nintendoland and seems due for a revival. He's one of the obvious favorites for the old-school pick like Pit was.

Additionally, he was a playable character in Samurai Warriors 3, and made other cameos, like in Captain Rainbow.
Basically, there's been hints for Nintendo wanting to put the spotlight on the character lately.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

He will be our new Ridley/Isaac/Krystal/Geno. :(

Many people thought they will be in game for sure during Brawl era, but they never did. It will happens same thing for Takamaru. Truly, I hope not. I have been wanting him during Brawl era.

I definitely remember him being discussed pre-Brawl. Maybe not on this forum, but there was definitely a group of people that thought he could get into Brawl.

Nintendo has been pushing him lately, so I wouldn't say he's an unrealistic character.

He's in Nintendo Land and Kamiya just mentioned him. I wouldn't call that "certain", but it's worth considering.

KevinCow

Banned
The Nintendo Land thing gives him a much better chance than he had before.

But there were people talking about him like he was all but confirmed even before that, which I didn't really get.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The Nintendo Land thing gives him a much better chance than he had before.

But there were people talking about him like he was all but confirmed even before that, which I didn't really get.

Exactly, but I want to support Takamaru to be in SSB4. I will be very bitter if he didn't get in.

GamerSoul

When looking through the potential pool of characters that Sakurai has to choose from, Takamaru fits that Retro character with a lot of potential to be "revived" through Smash very well, like Pit. Takamaru has a lot going for him to come out as a real great unique character that has a chance to be more than a Smash character in the end. Also, Smash still does not even have a katana user among all its playable sword users. Samaurai Goroh, Takamaru, and maybe Lyn are the only ones that I can think of with a ok chance. Takamaru definitely has the most going for him out of those.

Javier

I still can't believe Takamaru got a Nintendo Land game before Fire Emblem. I mean, it's just... ...

I have to wonder, who's going to be the WTF character this time around? Melee had Mr. G&W, Brawl had ROB, how do you top that?

I still can't believe Takamaru got a Nintendo Land game before Fire Emblem. I mean, it's just... ...

I have to wonder, who's going to be the WTF character this time around? Melee had Mr. G&W, Brawl had ROB, how do you top that?

I've been saying this for a long, long time.

sheriff.jpg

Sheriff.

fisheyes

Sheriff would have to look exactly like that though. Like a fancier game and watch.

If we're going super retro, I think an Original DK would be cool. He's such an important part of Nintendo history, and I know we have DK in there, but he's not really the same. He'd look nothing like the new DK, and thanks the the new DK not using Barrel's at all in his moveset, and only using Ape-like things like the chest pump as a taunt, Original DK could have an original moveset. It won't happen, but I think it would be neat.

Sheriff would have to look exactly like that though. Like a fancier game and watch.

If we're going super retro, I think an Original DK would be cool. He's such an important part of Nintendo history, and I know we have DK in there, but he's not really the same. He'd look nothing like the new DK, and thanks the the new DK not using Barrel's at all in his moveset, and only using Ape-like things like the chest pump as a taunt, Original DK could have an original moveset. It won't happen, but I think it would be neat.

That's what I meant.

And oh man, I would kill for "Classic Donkey Kong".

Murrah

Banned
Classic DK would definitely be cool, I had a similarish idea in the Brawl days. Barrels, springs, fire dudes, pies...could be really fun to make a moveset for him. Hell I'd be fine with DK Jr. but I think there's even less of a chance of that happening

After messing around in Pokemon White for the first time in months today I have Krookodile in my heart as gen 5 rep. He must be it. He must

Classic DK would definitely be cool, I had a similarish idea in the Brawl days. Barrels, springs, fire dudes, pies...could be really fun to make a moveset for him. Hell I'd be fine with DK Jr. but I think there's even less of a chance of that happening.

Wasn't DK Jr. on an early leak set? I would expect him before Classic DK. He even has a redesign.

Donkey_kong_jr_super_smash_bros_melee_trophy.png
DKJR_Tennis.PNG

Murrah

Banned
Wasn't DK Jr. on an early leak set? I would expect him before Classic DK. He even has a redesign.

Donkey_kong_jr_super_smash_bros_melee_trophy.png
DKJR_Tennis.PNG

I dunno, Jr. just seems like one of those characters that Nintendo phased out, and I doubt they'd want Sakurai to use him (assuming Sakurai would even want to which I also doubt). Maybe he'll pull a ROB one day and return to Mario Kart, but I just don't see him being in Smash right now. Which sucks because he has a way cooler design than dumb Diddy

Well Geno is a horrible character too so there's no need for that distinction :p

Whoa. Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Whoa. I don't care for Geno either but he's not on Krystal's level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom