• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Honestly, I think I want Krystal and Geno just to spite you guys. Watching your reactions would be a great popcorn moment. :p

:(

In a related note

1347937590943sqfis.jpg

Check this out for context

Oh yeah.

The "Let's get depressed because Rare characters aren't in Smash and never will be" part of the Smash Cycle.

Forgot about that one. :(

That's the worst one. :(

Having someone like Geno in Smash was just holding out hope for another Mario RPG. And now we all know just because something is in Smash doesn't mean a revival.

GamerSoul

Honestly, I think I want Krystal and Geno just to spite you guys. Watching your reactions would be a great popcorn moment. :p

I wouldn't put it pass Sakurai to add another Star Fox character, he seems very interested in that series over some of the others. It's unfair but what can you do?

That's the worst one. :(

Having someone like Geno in Smash was just holding out hope for another Mario RPG. And now we all know just because something is in Smash doesn't mean a revival.

Nothing is for certain but it does help with awareness of the character and series. If a character is in Smash, it's a guarantee that they will be relevant for a number years and be seen by millions of fans. It's definitely a positive.

I wouldn't put it pass Sakurai to add another Star Fox character, he seems very interested in that series over some of the others. It's unfair but what can you do?

I don't think that's it. He wanted Wolf in Smash Bros. since the very first game, and Falco only got in so Nintendo could beef up Melee's roster.

GamerSoul

Eh, Ice Climbers didn't really shine after Melee or Brawl. Then again, I guess Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus stole the show.

True, not a lot of characters get that shine but I think the potential for it is better than most could ask for, for their favorite characters/series. Imo, there's not much you could do with the Ice Climber formula. Besides, the other retro characters like ROB and Game and Watch are in a similar situation. There inclusion is more to pay homage. If I remember correctly, ROB has made a couple appearances in some Nintendo games though.

I really want more stories like FE and KI where Smash can help Nintendo market and revive any given series. Even if we get one or two breakthroughs it will be cool.

I don't think that's it. He wanted Wolf in Smash Bros. since the very first game, and Falco only got in so Nintendo could beef up Melee's roster.

I don't really want another Star Fox character honestly, so I can come to terms with it just being a developer decision do to time constraints and stuff.

Boney

Banned
I still can't believe Takamaru got a Nintendo Land game before Fire Emblem. I mean, it's just... ...

I have to wonder, who's going to be the WTF character this time around? Melee had Mr. G&W, Brawl had ROB, how do you top that?

Captain Rainbow

KevinCow

Banned
I still say an ExciteBot would be the best WTF character.

Obscure? Check.
Region exclusive? Check.
Bizarre and unique play style? Check.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Krystal needs to be retconned out of Nintendo IP existence.

Kokonoe

Banned
You'll be my best friend if you do it. A Community thread is long overdue.

Well I was doing it, but now I'm finding it a bit more difficult than I originally thought compared to my Yu-Gi-Oh! thread. If I were to create a Mega Man Community thread, it wouldn't be really high in quality.

As someone who feels bad for what happened to Dinosaur Planet and feels (while still not particularly good) SFA gets unfair hate for something it was mostly never supposed to be, Krystal serves absolutely no purpose to the franchise and I wouldn't care if she was retconned out eventually.

Well I was doing it, but now I'm finding it a bit more difficult than I originally thought compared to my Yu-Gi-Oh! thread. If I were to create a Mega Man Community thread, it wouldn't be really high in quality.

I can collab with you if you'd like. I have a pretty good knowledge of the entire Mega Man franchise; especially the X saga(X, Zero, ZX) and Battle Network/StarForce series.

Boney

Banned
Im alreadt close tofinishing it

Kokonoe

Banned
I can collab with you if you'd like. I have a pretty good knowledge of the entire Mega Man franchise; especially the X saga(X, Zero, ZX) and Battle Network/StarForce series.

That's fine, I can handle the images I believe, and the basic info. PM me what you had in mind. I already have the banner planned.

Im alreadt close tofinishing it

Oh? Or is this a joke about your Medabots thread?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's gamers being gamers as usual. We already know this beforehand that they won't be taking over. Silly kotaku.

Murrah

Banned
I'd be more open to defend Ice Climber if they hadn't wasted one of the 10 NES Ambassador slots on it

I think I'm creating hybrid cycles now

You're horrible. Ice Climber is great.

Urban Champion, now that's a real stinker.

I'd rather play Urban Champion.

Ice Climbers had clumsy jumping, a near-useless attack, confusing co-op, a bonus stage that somehow felt less rewarding, repetitive progression, and forgettable music.

The only game I've ever regretting purchasing in my life was Donkey Kong 3. I have a feeling if I had bought Ice Climbers in my childhood I'd have actually been angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom