• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice Climber is so close to being pretty good but the jumping mechanics and clipping completely kill it, it's ripe for a modern download title re imagining if you ask me.

Clu Clu Land can go to hell, I can't control that game for shit and the level completion process feels annoyingly random. The music remix in Brawl was one of the best in the game at least.

Playing my first FE game (SS) and wow ... really sucks that this series doesn't seem likely to ever get a none blue haired swords guy rep.

So much wasted potential ... kinda like Pokemon (if the only Pokemon characters in smash where different gens of Pikachu themed mons) :/

Kokonoe

Banned
Playing my first FE game (SS) and wow ... really sucks that this series doesn't seem likely to ever get a none blue haired swords guy rep.

So much wasted potential ... kinda like Pokemon (if the only Pokemon characters in smash where different gens of Pikachu themed mons) :/

I'd take Plusle or Emolga over Pikachu.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You made me change my avatar!

Because Martha

GamerSoul

Congrats on trying an awesome series. SS is not too difficult so it's definitely a good place to start. Yea the main characters are usually very similar in hair color lol especially the ones we get here. That's why Lyn is still one of my favorites even if some call her a tutorial lord. Ike is probably my favorite. Luckily his hair is the only thing in common he has with the other mains.

Yea it's definitely marth's fault. Stupid Marth with your tip of death.

Congrats on trying an awesome series. SS is not too difficult so it's definitely a good place to start. Yea the main characters are usually very similar in hair color lol especially the ones we get here. That's why Lyn is still one of my favorites even if some call her a tutorial lord. Ike is probably my favorite. Luckily his hair is the only thing in common he has with the other mains.

Yea it's definitely marth's fault. Stupid Marth with your tip of death.

Would love for Anna to get in now that I see a bit of what made her newest role all the more interesting to fans. Plus, she's a staple! >:/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm guessing [post=42411587]this[/post] is what got him banned.

Obviously you need a pro Nintendo reputation before you can pull off pure sarcasm.

Or it's the fact it adds nothing to the topic.

GamerSoul

Would love for Anna to get in now that I see a bit of what made her newest role all the more interesting to fans. Plus, she's a staple! >:/

She's definetly a staple.

Chara24.jpg

Anna (アンナ, Anna) is a recurring character in the Fire Emblem series; she features in every game in the Fire Emblem series, except for Fire Emblem Gaiden, which does not use shops. She appears as a red haired female and is rarely seen without her trademark pose (of her resting her pointer finger on her face) or her sly smile

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Anna

She would defintely be a surprise but idk if she is really known as well as some of the other Lords. I think the two FE characters with the best chances are Roy and Krom. Question is does FE deserve a fourth character spot before some franchises even get a second? I think they do.

She's definetly a staple.

She would defintely be a surprise but idk if she is really known as well as some of the other Lords. I think the two FE characters with the best chances are Roy and Krom. Question is does FE deserve a fourth character spot before some franchises even get a second? I think they do.
FE will likely never be a series the West fully "knows" on a large scale so it would have to rely on JPN imo (And they seemed pretty excited about her part in the new game last time I checked).

My guess is that anyone who plays the games knows of her and those who play the newest game will surely know her.

As for Roy I think it's a wrap for him so I have no problem with it being Marth/ Krome/ Anna or there being a 4 character that's not him.

As for "deserving" ... I truly couldn't tell you at this point. To ME AW deserved some characters way before KI got one.

Kokonoe

Banned
They could just copy/paste the SMG2 version and that would be fine by me.
Can't see Bowser in the dark world or the sky being good stages though, funnily enough the one you omitted (Bowser in the fire sea) actually has much more to work with to create a stage.

I did because it would just be another fire area, and I prefer the theme of the first and last ones more as it's more ominous. (although if I recall Smash doesn't have many fire areas)

I did because it would just be another fire area, and I prefer the theme of the first and last ones more as it's more ominous. (although if I recall Smash doesn't have many fire areas)
The first doesn't do much for me, it's basically a cave, the sky looks nice visually and you could make something out of the spinning platforms, wind and vertical slopes you can run up I guess.

Galaxy duo have even better Bowser stages to work with, i'd have to go with one of them but really...

For a Bowser stage I will accept absolutely nothing less than his castle.

it's this or a scrolling airship stage.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've mentioned before but Bowser's Castle can also be a Mario Kart track since it's pretty much a staple of that series. Kills two birds with one stone.

Hey remember how crummy the partners in time battle theme was? yeah. we'll end up with that instead.
Well at least the theme matched the game, repetitive, kind of annoying, takes too long to get to the brief good bit, a let down compared to the previous battle theme/game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom