• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boney

Banned
Hey remember how crummy the partners in time battle theme was? yeah. we'll end up with that instead.
Well at least the theme matched the game, repetitive, kind of annoying, takes too long to get to the brief good bit, a let down compared to the previous battle theme/game.

ha!

GamerSoul

FE will likely never be a series the West fully "knows" on a large scale so it would have to rely on JPN imo (And they seemed pretty excited about her part in the new game last time I checked).

My guess is that anyone who plays the games knows of her and those who play the newest game will surely know her.

As for Roy I think it's a wrap for him so I have no problem with it being Marth/ Krome/ Anna or there being a 4 character that's not him.

As for "deserving" ... I truly couldn't tell you at this point. To ME AW deserved some characters way before KI got one.

True. FE will never be fully known in the west like that but it's still a big enough series to have garnered a bit of excitement on GAf when it was officially revealed to be coming to NA. But, yeah I know gaf isn't part of the majority out there who would care too much about FE.

And honestly, I love Ike but I would be ok if he got replaced with Krom. Japan loved Roy so if he came back I wouldn't be surprised. I also see Marth, Krom, and another non-blue haired character. Maybe Roy but that would be a pretty boring representation of FE...so I'll go with Lyn.

I sadly, haven't played AW and the only reason I played my first FE was because of Smash.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ugh, yall are making my wait little more harder.

Geez, I wish that they never announced it during E3 2011, because that was one year of my patience, and now it's almost 16 months. My patience is running thin for new informations based on the game itself and engine. Not those bullshit that Namco or Nintendo have been giving out

If they announced SSB4 in work on Namco's hand during E3 2012 then it would be great move and I would have better patience during that time.

Mr. Fix

Geez, I wish that they never announced it during E3 2011, because that was one year of my patience, and now it's almost 16 months. My patience is running thin for new informations based on the game itself and engine. Not those bullshit that Namco or Nintendo have been giving out

If they announced SSB4 in work on Namco's hand during E3 2012 then it would be great move and I would have better patience during that time.

We've got the VGA's, and if not, next year's e3. They showed 4 newcomers for Brawl's debut trailer, 1 being the guest, right? I hope they show off a guest character in a similar fashion.

GamerSoul

I agree, it was too early.

We've got the VGA's, and if not, next year's e3. They showed 4 newcomers for Brawl's debut trailer, 1 being the guest, right? I hope they show off a guest character in a similar fashion.

Betting the first trailer will probably introduce characters with archetypes similar to those in the first Brawl trailer:

Shulk - Sword-weilding character everyone wants
Takamaru - Revival character
Palutena - Sexy lady character
Mii - Bumbling funny character everyone expects
Pac-Man - 3rd party guest character

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Yeah, E3 2013.

8 MONTHS 2 WEEKS 4 DAYS!

I agree, it was too early.

Definitely.

My wish list is that they are going to announce SSB4 during Oct/Nov Nintendo Direct then announce Smash Dojo at E3 2013 to keep the information flow constantly. Chance of that happening is very slim. I would guess it would be 1% chance of that happening.

Yeah, E3 2013.

8 MONTHS 2 WEEKS 4 DAYS!

Definitely.

My wish list is that they are going to announce SSB4 during Oct/Nov Nintendo Direct then announce Smash Dojo at E3 2013 to keep the information flow constantly. Chance of that happening is very slim. I would guess it would be 1% chance of that happening.

I want to believe.
Any mention this year would be enough to satisfy how starved we are of real information. Otherwise, would it really be: announcement at E3 2011, trailer at E3 2013, release Spring 2015?
Not like this ;_;

Mr. Fix

I'm still hoping we get it in 2014 at least, maybe the latter half.

Betting the first trailer will probably introduce characters with archetypes similar to those in the first Brawl trailer:

Shulk - Sword-weilding character everyone wants
Takamaru - Revival character
Palutena - Sexy lady character
Mii - Bumbling funny character everyone expects
Pac-Man - 3rd party guest character

My answer to that?

HroFI.jpg
g3VzH.jpg

I'm not sure how Sakurai picks the characters, but even I'm doubtful of Isaac
;-;
. I hope he does include him though.

As for Megaman? Lolcapcom.

I wouldn't mind the return of Snake or Sonic though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh, now you guys mentioned it, Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi never got any appearance in Smash save for the stickers.

GamerSoul

If the first trailer doesn't feature Lil Mac and Takamaru fighting Ridley in a epic clash in the clouds where Palutena will then be revealed, I'll be pissed.

In every Smash Bros game, there's a character I hate more than any other. I do everything I can to kill the player of that character in every match, even running away from other fighters just to get to this player. If Smash Bros U has a Mii in it, that Mii will be the target of my loathing.

Mr. Fix

In every Smash Bros game, there's a character I hate more than any other. I do everything I can to kill the player of that character in every match, even running away from other fighters just to get to this player. If Smash Bros U has a Mii in it, that Mii will be the target of my loathing.

Pray tell, Karst. Who were those characters in the others?

Pray tell, Karst. Who were those characters in the others?
I bet that ROB for Brawl.
How did you know? :-O

In Melee, it was G&W.
In 64, it was Jigglypuff.

I suppose I have a childish sense that each of these characters is taking a slot away from a "real" character. I didn't like Jiggs in Melee, but came to use and like her in Brawl. I liked G&W in Brawl more because he turned out to be my wife's favorite character, and that lessens the sting of him. Plus, after a character has been in one game, I feel like the character deserves to stay unless it's really terrible...like ROB.

Edit: But then again, maybe it's because something more terrible keeps coming along. Jiggs > G&W > ROB, and I only have it in me to hate one character. If we get Miis in Brawl, I might even accept ROB.

fisheyes

Surprise demo built in to all WiiUs. Only Mario, Link, Pikachu and Kirby as characters. Only stage is a Nintendoland themed stage. Shows planned tablet features and smooth netcode, designed to steal thunder away from Sony All Stars. Believe.
Don't believe. Its never happening

If the first trailer doesn't feature Lil Mac and Takamaru fighting Ridley in a epic clash in the clouds where Palutena will then be revealed, I'll be pissed.
It'll be Tingle and Adam fighting Waluigi with an ending screen that tells you the rest of the roster will be on-disc DLC, and you will like it mister!

I would genuinely like Tingle to be playable

EDIT: This would be my personal pick for a Paper Mario song. Bonus points if Rogueport was a stage, complete with out-of-character-noose in the background!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm scared. I noticed that someone complained about him posting a lot of cat pictures which triggered a situation where Sakurai would install costume system in the game, like Tekken and Dead or Alive.

However, his view of costume system would come with only cat costumes.

Yeah, I am being sarcasm.

I don't know if anyone is following them, but in the latest Game Grumps episode Jon and Ego have a "discussion" about the clone properties of Fox and Wolf. Jon has no argument to back up his "Wolf is a direct Fox clone" theory, though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't know if anyone is following them, but in the latest Game Grumps episode Jon and Ego have a "discussion" about the clone properties of Fox and Wolf. Jon has no argument to back up his "Wolf is a direct Fox clone" theory, though.

Why do they do these things

it makes wolf angry

29599180igsef.png

GamerSoul

Definitely, Yes. I'm not sure where I saw that. I think SmashBoards, but it could be other forum that I checked around for the rumors.

Haha. He does have a lot of cat pictures though, but if you're expecting any smash info on his twitter you'll be disapointed. trust me I follow him. :3 he's no Kamiya that's for sure. lol

I'd wager Wolf is more like Gouken, while Fox and Falco are Ryu and Ken.

That's a good comparison, he's derived from the same style but he is his own unique character.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Haha. He does have a lot of cat pictures though, but if you're expecting any smash info on his twitter you'll be disapointed. trust me I follow him. :3 he's no Kamiya that's for sure. lol

That's a good comparison, he's derived from the same style but he is his own unique character.

Naw, I was looking for SSB4 arts, one with Welcome on White board but it was deleted I assumed.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yep, I haven't seen it on his twitter for awhile. It's floating somewhere around this thread or internets.

Reason why I was looking for the picture because I pegged the word in the white board that it said WELCOME.

Apparently that it's welcome message for workers to come in for SSB project, so is it safe to assume that they started working on SSB4 on July 2nd?

KevinCow

Banned
Is Kirby considered a furry? Because he's not an animal, but he's also not a person.

Come to that, I think Kirby is one of the few things I haven't seen a rule 34 of. Though I'm sure it exists, so don't try to prove me wrong.

How would fat fetishists "inflate" Kirby or Jigglypuff?

They just expand I guess.

Is Kirby considered a furry? Because he's not an animal, but he's also not a person.

No, Kirby is not a furry. Furries are anthropomorphic animals, so, animals with human aspects. That's why people aren't sure whether catgirls etc. are furries or not (as they are human with minor animal aspects). But Kirby is obviously not a furry, as he is not an animal with human aspects.
Besides, not everything that isn't an animal nor a human is a furry. A table is not an animal, nor a person, but it sure as hell ain't a furry.

It's time for a good ol' fashioned SSB4 roster meme.

Choose 5 newcomers, 5 assist trophies, and 5 stages that you think will definitely be in the next Smash Bros game. Choose 5 characters you WANT in the next Smash Bros. but don't see as likely and toss them in your wishlist. And finally list whoever you think will be getting a move set change.

I'll start:

BiIOw.jpg

Template for those who want to participate:

http://i.imgur.com/XGxtQ.png

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It's time for a good ol' fashioned SSB4 roster meme.

Choose 5 newcomers, 5 assist trophies, and 5 stages that you think will definitely be in the next Smash Bros game. Choose 5 characters you WANT in the next Smash Bros. but don't see as likely and toss them in your wishlist. And finally list whoever you think will be getting a move set change.

I'll start:

Right back to smash cycle. I might do it later this week.

Rayis

Seeing the graphics of Sony Smash Bros makes me wonder how good this game will look, if better or same, I still like Melee graphics, very good for their time, and Brawl isn't too shabby either

Also, make Jigglypuff as awesome as she was in Melee, she's been my main since the first game

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Never understood why they call these filling in the blanks images "memes". One doesn't consider filling in a form a meme.

I suppose very loosely the image has spread from one person to another, but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom