• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
When you think about next e3, think about last e3 and that will solve your problem.

Exactly, and they did way better with E3 Nintendo Direct, which is like few days after E3.

Halo 4 next month :]

Pokemon Black/White 2 next week

I bet they'll show Smash at E3!*
*in 2014.
I seriously doubt that.

I would like to bump my post since it was near to end of the page.

I apologized for flashback post, but I would like to point out that I would like to see SSB4 would outclass everything that they have been shelled out for series.

64 have best commercial
Melee have best introduction
brawl have best announcement

So I hope that SSB4 would surpass those trailers.

However, I gathered all links to most of trailers for series which I quoted.

Mr. Fix

tumblr_m1zflxOZI31qiryj2o1_250.gif

He must return, we need more old dudes up in here! As for newcomers:

5DfQa.jpg

I base this on absolutely nothing, but I firmly believe we'll see Isaac at the launch trailer.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
tumblr_m1zflxOZI31qiryj2o1_250.gif

He must return, we need more old dudes up in here! As for newcomers:

5DfQa.jpg

I base this on absolutely nothing, but I firmly believe we'll see Isaac at the launch trailer.

To be honest, I don't mind to see Snake and Sonic coming back. I doubt they will. I'm with you for Isaac being in SSB4 but he have low chance to be in the game honestly.

Mr. Fix

The truth hurts. Does Sakurai make the decisions as to who gets in (i.e. he wants ___ Nintendo character, Nintendo complies)?

Snake's a bit up in the air (though I'm leaning towards him coming back and he was a blast to play with), but there's no way in hell Sonic won't be returning, especially given how cameo-happy SEGA's been lately.

I have absolutely no doubt that Sonic will be in the game. There's no reason both Nintendo and Sega wouldn't want him back. I don't think Snake is as much of a lock, though.

GamerSoul

Smash 4's first trailer is going to be as epic as every other reveal, maybe even more. Idk how they're gonna top Brawl though with the Snake reveal. Minds will be blown.

If Snake and Sonic aren't back, idk how ill feel about that yet. It's not like they're clones or anything but it will be up to Sakurai.

Halo 4 next month :]

:3 Damn straight. That game is gonna last me probably til Smash 4 comes out. I'm sure of it. And I will probably get White 2 down the line. I have too.

The truth hurts. Does Sakurai make the decisions as to who gets in (i.e. he wants ___ Nintendo character, Nintendo complies)?

He has to get approval for some characters, at least. He couldn't use Marth in Melee until he asked Intelligent Systems and he had to ask Animal Crossing's producer about using one of their characters for Brawl.

The more I think on it, the more certain I become that Snake and Sonic will return alongside Pac-Man and Bayonetta.

I would love for that to happen, but I think Bayonetta is too M-rated for Smash Bros. The guns are the least of her problems; her game is all about ripping monsters into bloody chunks, fighting angels and God, and stripping. Unlike Snake, I think it would be difficult to tone her down enough to make her fit with Mario.

She's probably more realistic than Travis Touchdown, though.

GamerSoul

I would love for that to happen, but I think Bayonetta is too M-rated for Smash Bros. The guns are the least of her problems; her game is all about ripping monsters into bloody chunks, fighting angels and God, and stripping. Unlike Snake, I think it would be difficult to tone her down enough to make her fit with Mario.

You're right about the motives and actions of the game but at the same time it is very quirky, goofy, and never takes itself too seriously, like Bayonetta herself. I really think Bayo's personality would fit well with the other characters. You can easily see her charm between all the action. Also, the zelda and kid icarus series also feature heavenly figures so it would be too out of the ordinary for her.

Since she won't be in her own universe, you wouldn't have to worry about decapitation and gore. Amd Instead of stripping they could easily give her a skin tight suit like ZSS when she uses her wicked weave. It's not like her build is over exaggerated so again it could work.

Murrah

Banned
Lucario's kinda interesting in that I don't like his design much at all, but I like his moveset and it's nice to have some pokereps outside of gen 1. I'm sorta hoping for just Pikachu, 'puff, Lucario and a gen 5 (or 6 depending on how close we are to both), even though I love Mewtwo and Pokemon Trainer. I think that's a nice chunk of pokelove without taking up too many slots

Hey, if Nintendo's willing to publish the IP then I'm sure they can make a Smash version that works.

All they have to do is scale back the hair loss thing really.

Kokonoe

Banned
I don't really like Lucario's moveset myself. I like some things, just overall not the type of character I can use effectively. Although, I can't use Metaknight effectively either. I could use Mewtwo pretty effectively, but he was plagued with not having enough close range tools. Hitboxes were kinda lousy on em, and the delay his up close attacks had were kinda bad.

If they bring back Mewtwo, I'd like them to give him a B grab move of some sort, and improved smashes.

Why? Just asking. I play every generation that comes out and I sorta care if he's in or not.

His move set and the fact that his movie is great. Plus I'm using him in my HG run right now and I just love him. Not to mention he's Pokemon's only fighting type representative in a FIGHTING GAME.

I think the only Pokemon that are confirmed main stays are Jiggles and Pika.

Agree which is why I'm worried about Lucario. Cautiously optimistic he'll return, but still slightly worried.

I think the only Pokemon that are confirmed main stays are Jiggles and Pika.
Ehh, so what?

Replace PT with another generation's PT (I actually think it's more likely that PT will come back with a Counter Part trainer that's a gym leader/ Pokemon Champion/ Dragon Master/ Rival trainer or something else important in the games with their own set of 3 Pokemon). Replace Lucario with another favor-of-the-month Promo mon. No loss in "slots".
Hey now, Zoroark is no Lucario.

At this rate gen 6 Pokemon will be far more likely than something from Gen 5 :/

From what I can piece together it seems that a college student at Tokyo Tech sent Sakurai a picture of a campus advertisement for a Brawl tournament and Sakurai liked it enough to comment on it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ah cool.

Also I brought up Tom Nook because now you can now cater your fetish about him fill your room with Tom Nook stuff.

There's never too much Poke-love ... and I don't see Pokemon losing any slots anytime soon.
All Smash characters now come from Pokémon. Any non-Pokémon characters have been cut.

That is too much Poké-love. The barrier does exist. How high it is will vary, but I think we can agree that that situation would be well beyond it.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
The only characters I can imagine being in jeopardy are Falco, Wolf, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, Ness or Lucas, Marth or Ike, and Toon Link. The rest of them are solid iconic characters with no suitable replacements and no real reason to remove them. Trimming 7 characters from the roster would already be far more than Melee lost.

The only characters I can imagine being in jeopardy are Falco, Wolf, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, Ness or Lucas, Marth or Ike, and Toon Link. The rest of them are solid iconic characters with no suitable replacements and no real reason to remove them. Trimming 7 characters from the roster would already be far more than Melee lost.

I think Falco would get cut before Wolf just because Sakurai was trying to get Wolf in Smash Bros. since the first game, and I don't think both of them would get cut. Marth won't ever get cut either.

Other than that, I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom