• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murrah

Banned
bindingIsaac_MOM.jpg

Playable Isaac confirmed

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Female Mario
Female Link
Male Samus
Female Donkey Kong
Female Snake
Female Sonic
Female Fox
Female Falco
Female Wolf
Female Master Hand
(Fe?)male Jigglypuff

Yeah, not sure if want.

Demitri turns female characters into more "sexy" versions... albeit when he does it to Lilith it turns her into a loli

GamerSoul

Everything character-speculation wise is going to be thrown off whack again when SSB4 is announced and has Miyamoto, Iwata and Gunpei Yokoi's ghost as fully-fledged characters.

Im kinda hoping that's the case, then we will have A bit more to talk about. Lol. So do it, Sakurai! No mercy.

It should be a female foot in a stomping boot of death and destruction, she'll walk all over you!

This made me think of Bayonetta heh. Gotta love that move.

If Isaac is in SSB4, then I will be happy.

Ive always wanted him especially for Brawl. but over time i have lost a bit of hope. Imo, he would still make a great edition. His special moves could each feature a different djinn element.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If Isaac is in SSB4, then I will be happy.

Same here. I really love golden sun series, but I haven't start third game yet. I heard that the game was bad, but it wouldn't stop me from playing the game.

I just want more small franchises to be represented in the game , such as Animal Crossing, Golden Sun, Duck Hunt, etc.

Murrah

Banned
Not sure I'd consider Animal Crossing a small franchise. But yes, playable Animal Crossing rep is probably the most glaring omission in Brawl in my eyes (yes more than Ridley) even if I get the reasoning for it; I was so sure we were gonna get one once Smashville wss revealed and it even had an Animal Crossing logo

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Not sure I'd consider Animal Crossing a small franchise. But yes, playable Animal Crossing rep is probably the most glaring omission in Brawl in my eyes (yes more than Ridley) even if I get the reasoning for it; I was so sure we were gonna get one once Smashville wss revealed and it even had an Animal Crossing logo

Same here. I was shocked that they didn't included Animal Crossing but they explained that the characters are pacifists, so I strongly disagreed with him.

I think Tom Nook could be fun but wacky character, but whatever.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I never played AC but id play the crap out of Tom Nook. He looks pretty Boss.

I only played the game very brief but I ended dislike the game. However I do understand the concept of the game. I can think of his moveset easily.

His moveset should be like that

Final Smash - Where he would toss his leaves in the air and leaves would changed into furnitures
Forward Smash - Shovel
B^ or Grab - Using Fishing Rod to grab people

SmithnCo

Final Smash - Where he would toss his leaves in the air and leaves would changed into furnitures
Forward Smash - Shovel
B^ or Grab - Using Fishing Rod to grab people

That's exactly what he/the generic villager should have. Plus a move where they throw out a beehive for good measure.

Tom Nook sells the tools, so I guess it's not a huge stretch that he might use them.

Murrah

Banned
Final smash would be a black and white montage of the other characters being put into debt from their ridiculous spending habits while a bell counter runs down into the negatives in the corner; Timmy and Tommy hustling Captain Falcon into buying a sectional to impress his girlfriend; Peach spending way too much on makeovers at Shampoodle; Redd conning Donkey Kong into buying fake paintings. And it all ends with crying over a glass of pigeon milk with Brewster while K.K. Slider plays a somber tune in the background after you lost all your bells in the stalk market

Fade to black and the sound of a gunshot

If not then it'd make for a good pretentious film student's first project

Wow. Great response.
Oh, thanks dude! So uncommon to get feed back on post these days :D

Black-Wind seriously needs to take a chill pill. Love ya man but seriously, cool your jets.
Hum? I'm chill. Not exactly sure what you want me to do. Not like I'm flooding this thread with post or calling names or anything.

I will say this though, to argue that Pac-Man is no longer the face of Namco and has been replaced by Tales characters is to argue that Mario is no longer the face of Nintendo because Kid Icarus was reborn to great success and Palutena, Viridi and the other gods have become the new face of Nintendo in his place. That's ludicrous.

... Noooo, that's a very bad example (Plus, I said the Tekken series, not "Tales characters"). You see, Mario is still relevant to today's culture and today's kids. He's still the character IP that brings in the most money for Nintendo and any big Mario game is something that can be seen as a highlight for a generation because of the love, effort, resources and care Nintendo crams into every title.

That's how you treat your "most important IP", your companies big batter and money catcher. Can you say Namco does the same for PM? Which do you think Namco's more concerned about, the next Tekken title or PM's next title?

Oh, and on the subject of Tekken, this really makes me think they want to put someone into Smash. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DnaLXrjQYc

GamerSoul

How so? Kingdoms especially are prone to financial disasters.

True, maybe with a certain combination of problems over a period of time, but I don't see that happening by the actions of one Tom Nook. With the amount of time their away from their repected Kingdoms, I'm surprised they haven't crumbled yet.

True, maybe with a certain combination of problems over a period of time, but I don't see that happening by the actions of one Tom Nook. With the amount of time their away from their repected Kingdoms, I'm surprised they haven't crumbled yet.

On the contrary, my dear GamerSoul.
Tom Nook especially is capable of having whole kingdoms go into a depression.
He is, after all, the biggest entrepreneur in the entire Nintendo universe.

GamerSoul

On the contrary, my dear GamerSoul.
Tom Nook especially is capable of having whole kingdoms go into a depression.
He is, after all, the biggest entrepreneur in the entire Nintendo universe.

That doesn't sound like the pacifist nature Sakurai was talking about, heh. Damn you Sakurai. I'll take your word for it. I never played AC so my argument cannot go further than my assumptions.

Would that remove the coins from Mario uppercut animation?

They would be replaced with bills and IOUs.

That doesn't sound like the pacifist nature Sakurai was talking about, heh. Damn you Sakurai. I'll take your word for it. I never played AC so my argument cannot go further than my assumptions.

I haven't played a lot of Animal Crossing either, but creditors can be ruthless, especially if it's about massive sums, such as thousands of gold coins hidden in blocks with question marks on them, or gems hidden in grass.

Boss Doggie

But Tufflosion is not trying to wear clothing :3

10530-AC_Tom_Nook_large-1-.jpg

HOLD UP, PLAYA

Well don't you find it odd that he only decided to wear clothing when he gets a better shop?

And then you lose all of your coins you've collected in the game!

Also stickers and trophies!

They would be replaced with bills and IOUs.

I haven't played a lot of Animal Crossing either, but creditors can be ruthless, especially if it's about massive sums, such as thousands of gold coins hidden in blocks with question marks on them, or gems hidden in grass.

Tom Nook is a feisty one. He pretty much FORCES your character in a home loan.

Mario's Final Smash (or whatever) being a trail of five or six Shadow Marios following whatever route you take would be brilliantly hectic.

Captain Falcon's Final Smash should be a sudden five second blast of throbbing techno music acompanied by forceful, rhythmic thrusts of his pelvis causing all other characters to become insecure and unable to block.

Mario's Final Smash (or whatever) being a trail of five or six Shadow Marios following whatever route you take would be brilliantly hectic.

That sounds pretty damn badass.. Reminds me of Zero in MvC3 ;]

Captain Falcon's Final Smash should be a sudden five second blast of throbbing techno music acompanied by forceful, rhythmic thrusts of his pelvis causing all other characters to become insecure and unable to block.

I'll just leave this here. :53 secs lmfao

Boss Doggie

Every businessman has atleast one suit. Is it his normal attire though?

Panther looks alright, I just don't want more Star Fox characters though, imo.

The fact that he only wears an apron is pretty creepy. Like he's flashing those poor kids. I guess that's how he managed to get them to do loans!

And I guess no new SF character is better than Krystal. Although Leon would make a nice Assist Trophy. He doesn't have to leave his cockpit, just have a target reticule appear on all enemies before bombarding them with charged shots, much like his ship in Command.

Panther is kinda odd. Well, his in-game personality.

He's pretty fun and relaxed, I liked that.

Also he was like, "Orly?" when Wolf went with the "Well I only saved Fox because I wanna tan his hide." Oh right and in Brawl he was like "I bet you want to be the guy Wolf was hitting" towards Leon. So he's like the team's gaydar?

Panther was a great new addition to the Star Fox series
and one of the few good things about Assault besides the orchestrated soundtrack

Also bought a 3DS XL a couple days ago and jesus Mario 3D Land and Kid Icarus are far better looking than I assumed they'd be, while maintaining 60fps with 3D turned all the way up. Suddenly a lot less paranoid about how Smash will look on this thing. Worst I'd expect is it looking like Melee with some snazzy shader effects.

Boss Doggie

^You forgot best multiplayer. And probably voice acting. And I actually kinda prefer the character designs in Assault.

I actually really like how all the Starwolf guys were treated in Assault, I liked Andrew and Pigma's new voices so much more and both retained high levels of douchebaggery that made killing them all the better.
Panther i've always been a bit indifferent on, his voice however is all sorts of awesome.

Shame that by comparison the Starfox team themselves are pretty bland and the Aparoids have no actual character to speak of, kind of leaves the dialogue across the game pretty dead until Starwolf turn up.

I always used to think back in the day that due to his small headshot in SF64 that Andrew was actually like a plain human.
I do like that Pigma design, looks appropriately slimy and sleazy.
Forgot they had Tricky cameo, that was actually pretty neat, plus they gave the planet a proper damn name, Dinosaur Planet was such a terrible name, it's like calling Earth Human World or something.

Boss Doggie

Well you don't see Nook doing that! I mean he looks more like a fat shopkeeper due to his ill-gotten wealth!

GamerSoul

Wouldn't work on Wario. You think that guy pays his dues?

He'd just get cranky and rob Nook blind.

And then He'd get robbed by Syrup. Ahh the perfect scenario. I laugh just imagining a scenario where Tom Nook, Syrup, and Wario are talking money and finances.

Well you don't see Nook doing that! I mean he looks more like a fat shopkeeper due to his ill-gotten wealth!

He's living the good life. Now I gotta try out Animal Crossing...

It's okay to be a half-naked cartoon animal in a Nintendo fighter as long as you're a sexy half-naked cartoon animal in a Nintendo fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom