• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

Screw it, just make Bob the AC rep.

jH5WrYo0Pg5y9_e.jpg

This guy will eff you up and look fabulous doing it.

Well DK doesn't leave much to the imagination, he's arguably less umm..."raunchy"? that way

Now there's a sentence that I should never have said.

In all seriousness though I was pretty surprised when Tom Nook wasn't playable in Brawl. He was one of those few characters like Ridley or a new F-Zero character I assumed was a lock, and the more and more AC stuff that kept popping up in Dojo just seemed to further hint at his inclusion. A customizable human villager would be bland as hell (though I haven't seen this idea come up for ages now) and a regular NPC resident would just be weird.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm going to steering away from those discussion.

Anyway, since they just shown Sheik in Tekken Tag 2, so I have a hutch that she's locked to be in SSB4 unlike some people said she is out for Impa.

SmithnCo

I like the idea of every iteration of Zelda getting a Sheik done in their own style for Smash. It doesn't make sense for them in their own games but at this point it would just be a Smash staple.

I still think SS Zelda should just swap out for Impa, but if they finally implement costumes properly and bring back the OoT and TP incarnations of the character than Sheik would still get her dues.

Also the only thing scarier than that Tiny redesign is that for once it wasn't Rare that designed an unintentionally creepy pin-up primate (according to Scribes/Loveday anyway). Though her original design sucked so I dunno, I guess they could try and replace Candy who looks even worse if Nintendo cares enough.

Kokonoe

Banned
I wouldn't mind Geno myself. I mean, it's one of those wants that you have because you played a game over 10 years ago and you remember you liked the character then, but you forgot everything about the game and you just look at the design and go, "hmm...yeah I guess I'd take that as a character".

Anyway, since they just shown Sheik in Tekken Tag 2, so I have a hutch that she's locked to be in SSB4 unlike some people said she is out for Impa.
All that shows is more proof that they seem to be basing these costumes on Smash to an extent.
And if that's the case then I think it's a safe bet that a Tekken character will be in Smash.
(Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if ZZS showed up in SC at this point)
Why would people think Shiek would get ousted?
Because she's an alter ego from ONE LoZ game whose role can be better played by a series staple (Impa)?

I think, best case, we just get Impa as a new comer on her own and they pull out yet another redesign for Shiek to keep her around. But I mainly expect them to just make SS Zelda and Impa a team.

qq more

Remember when Shiek was replaced by Midna in Brawl?

oh wait

In all of seriousness, it'd be actually neat if each Zelda character were to represent a mainline game. Link can be based on his SS design. Zelda could keep her TP design while keeping Shiek (to represent OoT) while Toon Link (if he's being kept) to represent Wind Waker. IDK what Ganondorf could represent... but yeah something like that would be neat I think.

fisheyes

Remember when Shiek was replaced by Midna in Brawl?

oh wait

In all of seriousness, it'd be actually neat if each Zelda character were to represent a mainline game. Link can be based on his SS design. Zelda could keep her TP design while keeping Shiek (to represent OoT) while Toon Link (if he's being kept) to represent Wind Waker. IDK what Ganondorf could represent... but yeah something like that would be neat I think.

Replace Ganondorf with LttP Ganon.

Shiek will be replaced by Shrek after a typo isn't caught in the design documents.

Imagine the sheer outrage and disgust, he could use his moveset from that one PS2 brawling game he had that I played a demo of once, it sucked by the way but you already knew that.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hilariously enough there are enemies in GW2 called shieks, they are reptiles and they come in all flavors. They also teleport and tend to be annoying :(

Doesn't stop Smash from keeping her otherwise.
Never said it stopped Smash from using her, in fact I listed that as my "best case" option. Plus, there wasn't really an option til now. The only suitable Impa before now was the OoT Impa ... from the game where Sheik is relevant.

I'm still just pushing for every Zelda game/incarnation of every previous character (I guess Ganondorf is the same person every time so it would be less of a deal for him) to be a costume, with unique sounds and taunts. Go one step further and have Toon Look also have Young Link and Classic Link skins. Thinks it's a good way to keep fans of certain games which hate a certain other game appeased.

SmithnCo

I'm still just pushing for every Zelda game/incarnation of every previous character (I guess Ganondorf is the same person every time so it would be less of a deal for him) to be a costume, with unique sounds and taunts. Go one step further and have Toon Look also have Young Link and Classic Link skins. Thinks it's a good way to keep fans of certain games which hate a certain other game appeased.

Yes! That would be the best scenario.

I'd also love a Minish Cap alt that changes Toon Link's hat. Though, it may be too similar to his regular costume.

Boss Doggie

I read that as Tom Nook

With that said I'm not really a huge "let's turn characters into costumes" fan.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Iwata wanted Sakurai to join EAD Tokyo back for Brawl. But Sakurai thought he could run a studio without direct Nintendo management. He was wrong. With Project Sora closing, it seems all but evident that Sakurai should go back to Iwata's original plan to form the third main section of EAD Tokyo alongside Producer Shimizu and Producer Koizumi.

Well, Sakurai did sign an incredibly shitty contract with Meteos.

He got paid for his work but retained ownership over nothing and they just used his ideas for other Meteos games without needing him.

Managing a studio, producing and directing games was way beyond Masahiro Sakurai. Sakurai's wife helped him managed the studio as well, but it just wasn't enough. Specifically procuring and hiring talent became arduous for Sakurai. Basically he was never able to assemble an internal staff capable of developing a game on its own. For Smash Bros. Brawl and Kid Icarus, they only we able to hire about 20-50% of the necessary staff required for a Wii-3DS game. Nintendo had to subcontract several companies for each game to reach development. Again, they tried to hire staff for the Smash HD-3DS project, and they just gave up, liquidated the subsidiary, and hired Namco-Bandai to do the intial labor. Three strikes and you are out.

Iwata wanted Sakurai to join EAD Tokyo from the beginning. Have management run the studio, and just have Sakurai focus on producing or directing the games. Sakurai initially refused.

I found it very interesting to see that Sakurai struggling to held his company together. I wonder if it was bad cases of bad decisions, like tripping in brawl? :p

Boss Doggie

Sora Ltd. is still alive right?

Also, that thread made chuckle, dat Melee fanbase. Sakurai just made a single not-as-good good game as they say, and suddenly he hates Smash and the people hates him

GamerSoul

I found it very interesting to see that Sakurai struggling to held his company together. I wonder if it was bad cases of bad decisions, like tripping in brawl? :p

Heh, now it makes sense why additional studios were needed to finish his games. Iwata knew his importance and really backed him up through those struggles.

I like this idea a lot, TLoZ deserves this kind of respect and I see no reason to object.

Hmm, maybe give him a transformation (since he actually uses magic too (and actually have him use magic in the game)) move into Ganon and have that represent the DS games? Either way, Ganondorf needs his damn sword already and not be a CF clone..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom