• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Violin is the nuts i'll give you that, in fact at first I was all for modern, but something about that retro style with the organ and bongo like beats just turned me around at some point.
Either way both are great.

qq more

If Crisis City makes it in as the new Sonic stage, I will be so happy.

I'm probably biased (even though I like half of the stage in Generations) but I really wouldn't want that because then that would mean Sonic 06 is representing Sonic. :S

Planet Wisp would be my top choice if we're talking about 3D Sonics... or forget 3D Sonic again and just give us a badass Death Egg stage based on Sonic 2 with the final boss attacking from the background!

I'm probably biased (even though I like half of the stage in Generations) but I really wouldn't want that because then that would mean Sonic 06 is representing Sonic. :S

Planet Wisp would be my top choice if we're talking about 3D Sonics... or forget 3D Sonic again and just give us a badass Death Egg stage based on Sonic 2 with the final boss attacking from the background!

It'd all be worth it if we get this.

Seriously, that's like one of the top 3 Sonic tracks of all time.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't get what you're saying because Namco IS developing the game. It's not just the Tekken people but also SC/ Tale/ Gundam people working on it as well.

They are... along with Sakurai's team as well. From what I read on that old post it was simply Namco doing the job. People forget Brawl was made by many teams too.

They are... along with Sakurai's team as well. From what I read on that old post it was simply Namco doing the job. People forget Brawl was made by many teams too.

What "Sakurai's team"? That's the reason they're working with Namco ... they couldn't make a "team".

From everything I hear it's simply "Sakurai Directing it (like he did with the other smash games) alongside [insert big Namco people] with Namco developing it." I really don't think anyone said Sakurai wasn't working on it.

And according to this post it seems like this is a solution to the whole "hiring a bunch of studios to make one game" problem they had before.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I don't get what you're saying because Namco IS developing the game. It's not just the Tekken people but also SC/ Tale/ Gundam people working on it as well.

That's correct, but I think what he meant by that is that people seem to thinking that Namco Bandai is the company that are making the decision with SSB4, but it's wrong. Sakurai is the one who had the says in the game, along with Nintendo companies.

Exactly, I found out that it was Tri-Ace and I was concerned that they might ruin the game because they don't have any experience with fighting game. Brawl ended up just great game for friends.

I'm curious how SSB4 would end up with, since they are in hand of fighting game company, who produced SC, Tekken, etc.

What "Sakurai's team"? That's the reason they're working with Namco ... they couldn't make a "team".

From everything I hear it's simply "Sakurai Directing it (like he did with the other smash games) alongside [insert big Namco people] with Namco developing it." I really don't think anyone said Sakurai wasn't working on it.

And according to this post it seems like this is a solution to the whole "hiring a bunch of studios to make one game" problem they had before.

Yeah, I think it solved his issues with hiring and hopefully boost the relationship between nintendo and namco-bandai.

I saw several people claimed that we wouldn't get game until 2015, more likely 2016. I think they are being silly. (It's possible that it's going to happens for 2015, but 2016... That is just ridiculous.

They just forget the fact that Namco Bandai can make fighting game pretty fast. However, that don't meant anything for SSB4 since I'm sure that tekken team would spare few people to work on SSB4, instead of full team. Also they already have prototype of SSB4 or Game Engine ready like couple of months ago. So I would like to believe that they mention that in June Nintendo Direct.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Hmm I always thought Sora Ltd. would be helping along with other non-Sora guys much like in Brawl. The way the first link makes it say that Brawl wasn't made by different people.

I saw several people claimed that we wouldn't get game until 2015, more likely 2016. I think they are being silly. (It's possible that it's going to happens for 2015, but 2016... That is just ridiculous.

Yeah, IDK when to expect the game but I'm sure its not as far out as 2015.
Not only are the Namco guys well versed in the making of competitive fighting games, they're also knowledgeable in making HD titles and such. Plus, though I'm sure Namco is more than happy with this arrangement, I'm guesses that they don't want their IPs to suffer because of their talent being sourced out to Smash development for years on in.

And besides, if melee has should us anything it's that a great Smash game can be made with in a short amount of time. Maybe they can cut down on the time by having a great team from the start and not having to ef around with different devs through out development or having to hire a new team.

If Crisis City makes it in as the new Sonic stage, I will be so happy.

Hey, before talking about the next Super Smash Bros game, why don't you explain yourself to the accusations of spreading false rumours and acting like you're a VA for PSASBR? People in the PSASBR threads are mad right now. I wanted to contact you via pm but you disabled it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Funny thing is, if there is a Nintendo Direct about SmashU and Miis are in it, there is a good chance we would see an Iwata Mii fighting since anytime Miis are an option they have shown an Iwata Mii to demonstrate it.

GamerSoul

Agreed, I think they would definitely make superb environments and stages for any part of the game that they are assigned to. They also do their homework so it would be nothing but positives if Retro was working on Smash 4. Besides, the more people working on the game could possibly mean more characters so I'm up for it.

Seriously, what is Nintendo making Retro do? lol.

GamerSoul

We hardly hear anything from Retro themsleves and even from Nintendo so i would love to see them contributing more to Nintendo as a whole in many aspects.

leroidys

I'm back smash bros and girls. I've been playing the PSASBABSBR beta, which I was really excited for, and was planning on making it my first day one digital purchase ever. Bleh. It's not terrible, but basically it just feels like a super dumbed down ripoff of smash bros with most of the charm and fun stripped out. It pretty much only succeeds in making me want to play Smash Bros.

So, since I've been out for a while, what are all the awesome concrete announcements and character hints I've missed? Release date?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm back smash bros and girls. I've been playing the PSASBABSBR beta, which I was really excited for, and was planning on making it my first day one digital purchase ever. Bleh. It's not terrible, but basically it just feels like a super dumbed down ripoff of smash bros with most of the charm and fun stripped out. It pretty much only succeeds in making me want to play Smash Bros.

So, since I've been out for a while, what are all the awesome concrete announcements and character hints I've missed? Release date?

We might not see new trailer until E3 2013. Just go back and play Playstation Battle Royale and kill time until E3 2013, like I will. I will be shock if they decide to release trailer this year during Nintendo Direct.

Ridley_zerom.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom