• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, I've only played the Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion (will play Super Metroid one day!). Is there a regular sized Ridley I don't know about? The one in the SSBM was the smallest one I've seen, and even then, the wings covering up the screen would haunt me for life. I know about Bowser though, though that seems to be the limit for me.

In the first Metroid he's the same size as Samus.

You guys know Kirby is really only 8 inches tall right? Just sayin..

Ridley 4 Smash 4

Mewtwo * Pokemon Series- Lucario is dropped from the roster, allowing the return of Pokemon's "villain" (well, he's treated as such in Smash) Mewtwo. He's not as floaty nor heavy any more, but is still a slower, lighter character. His moves also are switched up a bit.

Bomberman * Konami's Bomberman Series- Bomberman's all about using bombs, and the bombs can also hurt him, making for an interesting style of play as you throw around dangerous bombs while, like in the original Bomberman game, trying to avoid them yourself. Would give Kirby Bomberman's white-helmet + pink pom.

You.. I like you.

v Yup Prof. Beef, that's why size comparisons shouldn't really factor into a character's chances of appearing.

Question for SmashGAF - How do you guys feel about the handling of voice chat on the WiiU? Think they'll have a pro controller with a headset jack once Smash comes around?

I'll probably end up talking on XBL or Skype lol.. What a damn shame ;\

Wait, why do people insist on dropping Lucario? The two play differently!

I don't consider Lucario an all-star for one.

That plus the fact that by the time SSB4 comes out we will have had 2 new generations of Pokemon to pick from ... and if there's any Pokemon that deserve to escape the chopping block they set up in favor of new Pokemon it's Mewtwo and the Starters.

Mewtwo's had much more of an impact on the series and actually serves a role as a villain. Sorry, but I can't support your furry fetish pick.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That plus the fact that by the time SSB4 comes out we will have had 2 new generations of Pokemon to pick from ... and if there's any Pokemon that deserve to escape the chopping block they set up in favor of new Pokemon it's Mewtwo and the Starters.

Mewtwo's had much more of an impact on the series and actually serves a role as a villain. Sorry, but I can't support your furry fetish pick.

You do know Mewtwo has more "furry fetish" than Lucario (and I don't even like Pokemon as a "furry" view unlike Digimon).

Also Mewtwo is in Brawl but didn't make it in the final draft. Doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't considered or included though. The same theory is being pushed to Fire Emblem as well but Roy's data is in it as well.

Ah...hey! Smash cycle!

You do know Mewtwo has more "furry fetish" than Lucario (and I don't even like Pokemon as a "furry" view unlike Digimon).
I wasn't talking about in general, I was talking about you. But that's my mistake for assuming you were into blue doggy dudes based on your ava.

Also Mewtwo is in Brawl but didn't make it in the final draft. Doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't considered.!

I know and that's why I think he will reclaim his rightful place in Smash 4 once the "flavor of the month" spot goes to w/e gen 6 Pokemon they decide to cram in our faces for the next 4 years.

Bringing back M2 and replacing Lucario is all that I think NEEDS to happen to the Pokemon series for smash 4. Would be more than happy to get a Pokemon Rival/ Gym Leader/ Champ/ Dragon master or w/e on top of that but M2 goes above all else in my book. Just started using him in Melee and ... that throw ... makes me hope that they can find a way to Project M up a version of M2 and Roy because that character is some wasted goodness.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Lucario's my favorite character in Brawl, yet, ironically, I dislike him in the main Pokemon series and don't think he's that important...he was chosen for being "now".

Mewtwo's pretty much universal and timeless, and like I mentioned I wanted villains on the roster, and he fulfills it (even if he's not technically a villain, Melee certainly made him evil-sounding and such) better than any other character in the Pokemon series who makes sense to be playable.

I chose Genesect because he's NOW, plus he's fucking cool looking and playing as a giant mecha would be neat. He's got his movie coming out next year, which is when Smash 4 will probably be in the main development stage (Pokemon inclusion does seem to be based partially on the anime, as Lucario was pretty much included due to being the star of the 8th film and advertising Gen IV, and likewise Jigglypuff was probably included based on her big role in the show), and I have a strong feeling that he will factor into Pokemon's Sixth Generation as they'll likely debut his Ancient Forme in the new film, which will probably be an Event Pokemon in the first game of Gen VI.

Javier

I really hope Lucario doesn't get cut. He's one of my mains and has a pretty unique moveset and ability.

To hell with the haters.

Yay, more anti-Geno! The sooner we become noisier than the pro-Geno fans the more we push them away!
I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. The pro-Geno people would likely just get louder to attempt to drown you out, and you'd get louder to drown them out, and it'd result in a perpetual self-sustaining loop-of-getting-louder that'd drive away everyone in the thread.

I don't consider Lucario an all-star for one.
wrong game dude
Nintendo All-Star Dairantou Smash Brothers

ffdgh

Keep teh cario. And give him his shiny Color as an alternate.

I like snake but he can burn if they dont get his hitboxes and weight right this time...

Boss Doggie

I think I should find it offensive if Doggie is compared to a pokeyman

I know and that's why I think he will reclaim his rightful place in Smash 4 once the "flavor of the month" spot goes to w/e gen 6 Pokemon they decide to cram in our faces for the next 4 years.

Bringing back M2 and replacing Lucario is all that I think NEEDS to happen to the Pokemon series for smash 4. Would be more than happy to get a Pokemon Rival/ Gym Leader/ Champ/ Dragon master or w/e on top of that but M2 goes above all else in my book. Just started using him in Melee and ... that throw ... makes me hope that they can find a way to Project M up a version of M2 and Roy because that character is some wasted goodness.
Lucario's my favorite character in Brawl, yet, ironically, I dislike him in the main Pokemon series and don't think he's that important...he was chosen for being "now".

Mewtwo's pretty much universal and timeless, and like I mentioned I wanted villains on the roster, and he fulfills it (even if he's not technically a villain, Melee certainly made him evil-sounding and such) better than any other character in the Pokemon series who makes sense to be playable.

Yeah but why does Lucario have to be sacrificed to add Genosect and Mewtwo?

There's no such thing as "flavor of the month" when the pattern never happened and the supposed pattern actually has arguments against it!

Nintendo All-Star Dairantou Smash Brothers

Yeah but we use International name :p

Sasuke in Geno's attire should be in the next Smash Bros.

Now that's just overkill

Also call him Sauce-kay

Boss Doggie

They (Sauce-kay and Geno) both are lacking in personality and seem to be draped in dark blue colors!

I say burn them!

Kokonoe

Banned
There's a milkmaaaaaaan, waiting in the sky
He likes to deliver dairy so long as it's homogenized

He drives a run-down milk float and his milk's been pasteurised!

He told me!

Let the bovines moo it
Let the bovines chew it
Let all the bovines boogie down
dow, dow, dow, down
dow, dow, dow, down
dow, dow, dow, down

He told me!

Let the bovines moo it
Let the bovines chew it
dow, dow, dow, down
dow, dow, dow, down
dow, dow, dow, down
Is his milk fortified with what the world wants? What the world deserves?

Kokonoe

Banned
You know, I don't really have an opinion of Sasuke. I can't say I dislike him, but I can't say he's a favorite either.

Ehh I not a fan of sasuke's new personality... It seems too forced.
Well...naruto manga spoilers
He went from crazy Sasuke to 'normal' Sasuke just in one chapter of the manga when he met Itachi again, so I figured Kishimoto realized this.
Is his milk fortified with what the world wants? What the world deserves?

I'd assume so since the character keeps his composure regardless of all the terrible things that has happened to him.

He told me!

Let the bovines moo it
Let the bovines chew it
dow, dow, dow, down
dow, dow, dow, down
dow, dow, dow, down

Ninjas!
Being trained by me
If you want to pass, you'll listen well

I'm training ninjas
To work together now
Put your grudges aside
And grab these little bells

Yeah but why does Lucario have to be sacrificed to add Genosect and Mewtwo?

There's no such thing as "flavor of the month" when the pattern never happened and the supposed pattern actually has arguments against it!

He doesn't HAVE to be replaced for Mew2 to get in, he SHOULD be replaced for a new 6 gen Pokemon Mascot.

It's like Pichu. In melee we got Pichu and Mew2 right? Because Pichu was the 2nd gen mascot at the time. In brawl Sakurai added Lucario (4th gen rep) and more iconic 1st gen Pokemon, had no intention of bringing back Pichu and was working on Plusle and Minun (3rd gen reps) as well as bringing back Mew2 which didn't happen for w/e reason.

Stands to reason that he likes to transfer slots over to the current Pokemon reps and unless Smash 4 comes out fall 2013 it seems likely that there's gonna be 2 new generations between Brawl and Smash 4. Seems unlikely that we will just get 1st gen Pokemon, a 4th gen Pokemon hanging around for w/e reason and maybe a rep for one of the 2 newest generations. I would bet on the outcome being Mew2 + a 6th gen Pokemon with MAYBE a 5th gen Pokemon getting in there (I could see it being emolga if only because it's the most original Pika-rip and would be easier to make then the more awesome 5th gen pokes).

Boss Doggie

Pichu wasn't in? Then again he's pretty shit.

Still I'll laugh if Lucario never gets removed. You people act as though Lucario has no more staying power (hint: he still is popular).

Also i can't wait for IGN's "what can Smash learn from PSA"

Pichu wasn't in? Then again he's pretty shit.

Still I'll laugh if Lucario never gets removed. You people act as though Lucario has no more staying power (hint: he still is popular).

Mew2 is still popular and unlike Lucario he's actually Iconic to the series yet even HE didn't make it into brawl for some reason. What makes Lucario so special that he should be in over a potential 6th or 5 gen Pokemon when his main role in being in brawl was to promote the latest generation (the 4th gen at the time)?

Boss Doggie

Mew2 is still popular and unlike Lucario he's actually Iconic to the series yet even HE didn't make it into brawl for some reason. What makes Lucario so special that he should be in over a potential 6th or 5 gen Pokemon when his main role in being in brawl was to promote the latest generation?

But Mewtwo was supposed to be in! That's the idea. We don't know the details as to why some didn't make it. Maybe the cause is that they're being tweaked but ran out of time. I mean surely you'd admit Mewtwo is pretty shitty in Melee so he definitely deserves some adjusting.

and tbqh lately I haven't been feeling Mewtwo's "iconic"-ness - the last mention of him was in the Conquest game. Prior to that was the remake of GS. Prior to that...? Compared to Jigglypuff, Riolu, and other "common" popular Pokemon who never miss an appearance. :p

Dunsparce!

0bJsc.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hmm...so a new Band Brothers for the 3DS.

Well, Barbara was one of my ideas for a female representative for the roster (I went with Jill instead), but this makes her a bit more likely again.

Ryce

Honestly, as far as representing new IP goes, Band Brothers was near the top of my list. Especially with the new game in development, Barbara might be more likely than most of us imagine. It's a 100% Nintendo property developed in-house, and it's fairly popular in Japan.

So do you suspect that Smash 4 will use the double-screen nature of the target platforms to any extent? Both 3DS and Wii U will have that feature, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Of course, Brawl didn't really use the motion controls of the Wii a whole lot, despite that being the defining gimmick for that console, but still, a second screen isn't quite as far-fetched from traditional Smash gameplay as having to physically swing your arms was, with all the energy exertion and input lag that that entailed.

But Mewtwo was supposed to be in! That's the idea. We don't know the details as to why some didn't make it. Maybe the cause is that they're being tweaked but ran out of time. I mean surely you'd admit Mewtwo is pretty shitty in Melee so he definitely deserves some adjusting.
Yeah ... not sure what your point is. I never equated Mewtwo coming back to Lucario being replaced. Regardless of what happens to Lucario Mewtwo should come back.

and tbqh lately I haven't been feeling Mewtwo's "iconic"-ness - the last mention of him was in the Conquest game. Prior to that was the remake of GS. Prior to that...? Compared to Jigglypuff, Riolu, and other "common" popular Pokemon who never miss an appearance. :p

Mewtwo is very different from those Pokemon. He is a singular Pokemon, a legendary. When you see Mewtwo on something it's THE Mewtwo.

And on top of that he's an antagonistic Pokemon so I'm not sure why you would expect him to be treated like cute/ cool common breeds of Pokemon.

As for his appearances and such he does appear in different things. For example, earlier this year they had a special Mewtwo giveaway for the games (hell, I think last year they sold Mewtwo bags to promote this giveway). And just days ago Bandai announced that they would be doing a line of super articulated figures for the Pokemon Series. What was the first Pokemon announced for this line, joining the growing number of Nintendo characters to get these kind of articulated figures in recent times? Mewtwo was.

Later the RBY Starters where revealed in a picture from an event, expected to be revealed in the event going on this weekend.

I'd like Mewtwo to comeback just since he's one of the few Pokemon I can even remember from when I still played the games; it's why I was pleasantly surprised with PKMN Trainer since he represented the older stuff I was still familiar with. He was also like how I find Sonic in Brawl; kind of shitty if you want to win, but still really fun to just play as and dick around with.

That being said, even though I'm incredibly 'meh' towards him I don't want Lucario cut (not to insinuate that he replaced Mewtwo in the first place since it's already been established both were meant to be in the game), just since unlike Melee all of Brawl's roster seemed perfectly justified with no awkward additions like Dr. Mario or PASBR's Evil Cole. Really hope there's no character cuts and at most they just tweak characters like Ganondorf and Toon Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom