• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's like he can't tell if he want to be one of the more aggressive rivals like Blue and Silver or your best friend like May/Brendan, Barry and the B/W1 duo.
So he gets bits of both with the main benefits of neither, has a bland team irritatingly reminiscent of the old B/W rivals and never shuts up about that damn Purloin to the point you'd think the main Plasma plot was based around his not so epic quest to get back some stolen cat probably obtained in the route by his house.
This theme music is wasted on him.

We need a rival that's actually a rival.

The Purrloin is something sentimental, after all
it was given to his kid by his granddad before passing away
. It's more akin of a missing dog than a replacement goldfish.

And I don't see anything wrong with his character. His character arc was meant to be more about realizing that not everything is as is. He's a fresh take in the rival - I really hate the klutz in III and IV, II was your typical "use your Pokemon as tools", and N is in his own level.
What's a Hugh?

BW2's rival.

The Purrloin is something sentimental, after all
it was given to his kid by his granddad before passing away
. It's more akin of a missing dog than a replacement goldfish.

And I don't see anything wrong with his character. His character arc was meant to be more about realizing that not everything is as is. He's a fresh take in the rival - I really hate the klutz in III and IV, II was your typical "use your Pokemon as tools", and N is in his own level.
If it's any consolation I don't think any of the rivals are that good at all aside from the wonderfully dislikeable Blue.
But man, screw Hugh, I just don't like him at all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well rivals seem to have taken the back seat in later games. I'm only up to the forth gym in W2 but I've hardly seen my rival whereas Gary was popping up left, right and centre back in the day.

Boss Doggie

If it's any consolation I don't think any of the rivals are that good at all aside from the wonderfully dislikeable Blue.
But man, screw Hugh, I just don't like him at all.

Liking Blue over N?

Blasphemy.

Blue was your average "use your mons as tools" foil. I like Silver more in that aspect because there's a point as to why he's like that, but Blue felt contrived on "well he's a jerk".

Well rivals seem to have taken the back seat in later games. I'm only up to the forth gym in W2 but I've hardly seen my rival whereas Gary was popping up left, right and centre back in the day.

Your rival is busy kicking Plasma ass

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What happened to the good ol' goal of wanting to be the Pokémon champion? You go into a gym and there's not a single name on the plaque. I feel sorry for the gym leaders. No wonder a few of them gave up.

Oh we consider N a rival? well in that case he's top tier.
That adds another point, Black 1 has three rivals, each with their own angle, 2 friends and 1 (misguided) enemy.
Black 2 feels like a step back in numerous regards from this, Hugh is in the line of fire, he could have helped himself by switching up his dialogue for like the entire back half of the game.
Kicking Neo Plasma ass isn't much to write home about, Neo Plasma are laughable.

Boss Doggie

Oh, so... this Hugh dude is like Gary, just for the new games?

Yeah except he has purpose :p

Oh we consider N a rival? well in that case he's top tier.
That adds another point, Black 1 has three rivals, each with their own angle, 2 friends and 1 (misguided) enemy.
Black 2 feels like a step back in numerous regards from this, Hugh is in the line of fire, he could have helped himself by switching up his dialogue for like the entire back half of the game.
Kicking Neo Plasma ass isn't much to write home about, Neo Plasma are laughable.

wut

Neo Plasma has fucking
Ghetsis
. He makes Giovanni go home to his momma.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If all the character are named after colours does that mean the rival is called Whitetwo/ Blacktwo or Whiteni or Blackni?

Boss Doggie

If all the character are named after colours does that mean the rival is called Whitetwo/ Blacktwo or Whiteni or Blackni?

They stopped naming the characters as the title color/metal/gem since Gen III in the games.

Boss Doggie

Yeah man, Ghetsis was awesome....in Black 1, I don't know who these lame pretenders are in Black 2.

Yeah no he was still awesome in White 2 (get your proper version damnit!), if anything he was kinda crappy in White 1 since he sorta borderlines typical Giovanni-ness there.

I mean, no villain has come close into
actually dealing physical harm and actually nearly getting what he wants

Oh god why are we talking pokemon stuff

Boss Doggie

On a related note, yeah instead of Hugh I'll put Ghetsis.

And make him into a Ganondorf clone for shits and giggles.

GHETSIS PUNCH!

Yeah no he was still awesome in White 2 (get your proper version damnit!), if anything he was kinda crappy in White 1 since he sorta borderlines typical Giovanni-ness there.

I mean, no villain has come close into
actually dealing physical harm and actually nearly getting what he wants

Oh god why are we talking pokemon stuff
His re-reveal, his plan being scuppered and his ultimate defeat were all in like the same 20 minutes of gameplay, I expected better than that.
I felt like the main villain was the sage with the Cryagonal.

Though we can talk pokemon roster if you like, SO HOW 'BOUT THAT LUCARIO? SAKURAI IS GOING TO BOOT UP HM01!

Boss Doggie

His re-reveal, his plan being scuppered and his ultimate defeat were all in like the same 20 minutes of gameplay, I expected better than that.
I felt like the main villain was the sage with the Cryagonal.

Though we can talk pokemon roster if you like, SO HOW 'BOUT THAT LUCARIO? SAKURAI IS GOING TO BOOT UP HM01!

Well, his re-reveal was hidden because we don't know exactly yet if he's the man behind everything (it's the ice dude at first), but yeah.

LUCARIO CAN'T LEARN CUT THO! HAHAHAHA

Boss Doggie

My main team now is Samurott, Eelektross, Lucario, Braviary, Haxorus, Stunfisk/Chandelure.

Stunfisk should be in Smash.

Boss Doggie

is stunfisk the one that farts and paralyzes you

no he's a professional troll

stunfisk9fip5.gif

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, here's a move set I thought of for Genesect, pretty much the one character I WANT to be in Smash 4.

Genesect: Very tall (due to his gun), but not as heavy as some of the other larger characters. Slow walking speed, faster dashing speed in which he uses his front-scythes as extra legs by slamming them into the ground. Two weak jumps, no other special attributes. He's good at close-range and long-range, being like Link in that is Normals are close-range slashes, while he's got projectiles for Specials.

Most of his normals involve his scythes, and are fast with good range and high damage output but lower knock-back. Slightly curved motions, so sometimes hard to line up on smaller foes. Some normals have him stomping on foes and hitting them with butt of gun, with more knock-back but less range. Grabbing has him pinning down the opponent with his scythes and then blowing them up with his gun.

Neutral-B Special: Techno Blast. Tapping "B" switches between five variations of it. Holding B charges it up. Has a long charge-time, and Genesect can't move while doing it and thus must charge up in one go. Has a long range and power though, going straightforward.
- No-Drive has the strongest base power, with it holding the foe in place as damage racks up with less knock-back.
- Burn/Shock/Chill Drives all knock the opponent away with stronger force, and burn/shock/freeze them as well.
- Douse Drive has the least amount of charge time and best range, but doesn't hurt the foe, instead acting as a super-powered Water Gun/F.L.U.D.D

Up-B Special: Magnet Rise. Gensect folds up into a UFO, and spins around, with great horizontal movement, but a bit slow. Has a vortex effect, and his arm blades spin around the radius of his body, slowly damaging foes who end up caught near him.

Side-B Special: Lock-On. Genesect sends out a target marker straight forward, or diagonally downward, if used in mid-air. If a foe is caught in the target, a Zap Cannon orb will be deployed, which will slowly chase the foe before disappearing. It has decent knock-back and will shock the foe. Genesect can have two Zap Cannon orbs out at once.

Down-B Special: Magnet Bomb. Genesect deploys a magnetic orb which floats near him, and will explode if a projectile comes in range. If a foe gets close enough, the orb will chase them for a bit, latch on, and explode. Mainly used to defend Genesect when charging a Techno Blast, it's slow to deploy and not useful at close range or against foes who can spam multiple projectiles quickly. Genesect can only have one Magnet Bomb out, and cannot use it if he's fired a Zap Cannon with Lock On.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Does Smash distinguish a tap from a charge?

I'm pretty sure it could, as with Samus for example it seems to be able to tell when you want to charge and when you want to simply fire a few shots, as I was thinking to do a Techno Blast, you'd have to come to a halt and begin to charge meaning you wouldn't accidentally , whereas you could simply tap "B" while moving around to have Genesect do a quick Drive Switch.

Alternatively, you could use one of his Taunt Spaces to have him switch, or remove another Special...but personally I'd like it better if he could Drive Switch without sacrificing a Special.

Boss Doggie

Weird, I always thought pressing B automatically registers as charge and you have to press B quickly to make her fire it quickly as a pea shot, much like Lucario and other charge-able characters.

KevinCow

Banned
Weird, I always thought pressing B automatically registers as charge and you have to press B quickly to make her fire it quickly as a pea shot, much like Lucario and other charge-able characters.

I'm pretty sure you're correct. If you're in the air it fires with just one tap, but if you're on the ground you need to double tap.

KevinCow

Banned
Someone on the internet suggest that Disney make their own Smash clone.

Disney characters
Pixar characters
Marvel characters
Maybe even Hasbro characters?

Tron vs. Spider-Man vs. Darkwing Duck vs. Mr. Incredible

Mickey Mouse vs. Indiana Jones vs. Hulk vs. Wall-E

Jack Sparrow vs. Jack Skellington vs. Darth Vader vs. Wreck-It Ralph

Oh god I'm having the most ridiculous nerd boner just thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom