• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Copy Character
Mega Man. But requiring him to "off" characters wouldn't quite work...what if it's a one-stock match? I was thinking instead, maybe simply hitting a foe with his fully charged Mega Buster would be enough?

Multiple Stance
Takamaru. In his game, he either used a sword/shurikens depending on his range to the foe. Basically, turn that into a fighting-style, but controlled. A Takamaru with his sword out, more samurai-based, and Takamaru with his sword sheathed, more ninja-style.

Level Character
My idea for Little Mac...by successfully using his Counter (Down-B) Special, he'd stock up to 3 Stars. The amount of Stars would influence the power of the next Special he utilized, but each Special would "subtract" all the Stars. So you could either save up 3 Stars for a final attack, or keep using 1 Star Specials. Kind of like Playstation All Stars.

Item Character
Dark Pit. Like Vaan from Dissidia 012, he could switch through different K.I. weapons changing the range of his attacks.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
No he just touches them.

NOW I GOT YOUR POWER

Is that from Mega Man cartoon?

Multiple Stance
Takamaru. In his game, he either used a sword/shurikens depending on his range to the foe. Basically, turn that into a fighting-style, but controlled. A Takamaru with his sword out, more samurai-based, and Takamaru with his sword sheathed, more ninja-style.

That would be awesome to see that. I'm afraid that Sakurai would simplified his moveset.

KevinCow

Banned
I think they should focus on improving the existing transforming characters before introducing more. They really need to figure out a way to encourage players to actually make use of the multiple transformations instead of just sticking with one and ignoring the other.

That said, I had an idea for Jill where her up B would eject her from her mech in a last ditch recovery move. If done off-stage, the mech would fall, but she'd survive. If done on-stage, the mech would land on the ground and she'd be able to jump back in it.

While out of the mech, she'd be quicker and more agile, but extremely weak, pretty much an intentionally low tier character. All of her B moves (except for maybe a recovery move) would be the same thing: she pulls out a walkie talkie to call in for support, which slowly builds an invisible meter which, when full, will drop off a new mech for her to use. The idea is that you're pretty much supposed to run away until you're able to get the mech back.

GamerSoul

That's a pretty neat idea for Jill and Takamaru too. Jill w/ her Mech would have to be a pretty strong character to have her basically become low tier which is fine. And you do have a point that they need to fix the ones they have now. I think Samus got the worst end of the stick though.

A pal of mine over at Smashboards made a poll for characters you want to see featuring the top 25 character picks from '10, '11, & '12 (as indicated through his previous polls).

You can vote for as many characters as you'd like, so have a ball! The poll is set in stone though, so no more characters will be added to the list.

Please feel free to participate here http://www.yourfreepoll.com/sxjceltrsp.html. :)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
A pal of mine over at Smashboards made a poll for characters you want to see featuring the top 25 character picks from '10, '11, & '12 (as indicated through his previous polls).

You can vote for as many characters as you'd like, so have a ball! The poll is set in stone though, so no more characters will be added to the list.

Please feel free to participate here http://www.yourfreepoll.com/sxjceltrsp.html. :)

Done for fun.

King K.Rool currently sitting atop the pile warms my heart.
I'd love to see Sakurai give him a smash redesign.

Same here. I voted for King Rool.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know, people like to push Zoroark even though he's like, phased out in Gen V. What people should be talking about however is Victini.

Very sad Tingle and Impa are not in that poll for Zelda.

I actually recently bought Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland and played it a little, and it's an odd but fun game.

Gorillaz

King K Rool is a character I thought would be introduced by now in Smash.

Man I really hope Smash doesn't "learn" from PSA as far as stages are concerned.

Agreed. I like the PSA map "Stowaway" tho. The mood of it along with the music is pretty nice and would work in the smash universe. Tho the first part of the stage being all "cramped" is the biggest problem to me.

Boss Doggie

Oh well, at least the poll isn't stupid and biased from the start.

If Victini is in what would its moveset be?

ffdgh

v-create for instant victory.

Now then.....How would you all feel if sakurai put in push block like street fighter.

v-create for instant victory.

Now then.....How would you all feel if sakurai put in push block like street fighter.

Do you mean like Advancing Guard? I'd be fine with that. It would help ranged characters get pesky opponents off of them when they don't have the time/ability to smash them away.

GamerSoul

Monita for SSB4.

you mean this?

monita-nintendo-land.jpg

interesting...

The other day I decided to make the worst roster I can imagine
that had no character that was in the 0% realm.

I don't know how, but I ended up with 5 different links.

Boss Doggie

Well yeah aside from him and the occasional alternate voice clip ("EAT HER!" "GREEAAAAAT EAT HER!"). But generally I find it hilarious that they have the more sensible battle cries than most typical fighter.

Very sad Tingle and Impa are not in that poll for Zelda.

I actually recently bought Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland and played it a little, and it's an odd but fun game.

I personally would love to have Tingle in Smash under his own series, and I believe the creator of the poll is a fan of Tingle too. It's a shame he doesn't get much love. A Tingle Island stage would be awesome!

Well most Nintendo characters are rather mute save for grunts, and there's not a lot of dialogue from them either. So...

I personally would love to have Tingle in Smash under his own series, and I believe the creator of the poll is a fan of Tingle too. It's a shame he doesn't get much love. A Tingle Island stage would be awesome!

I just got Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland a few days ago, and although it's a really REALLY weird game, it's incredibly fun, which is why I've actually started liking Tingle a lot more.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The other day I decided to make the worst roster I can imagine
that had no character that was in the 0% realm.

I don't know how, but I ended up with 5 different links.

Minish Cap Link.

He's just a Poison-Mushroomed Toon Link.

And Wolf Link. Not actually from Twilight Princess, just Link with Star Wolf's moveset.

Sadsic

so are there even like 10 more nintendo characters that should have representation in the next smash bros that havent already? i can only think of like 8 that would have unique moves and be instantly recognizable:

shulk
isaac
little mac
king k. rool
ghirahim
paper mario
animal crossing hero / tom nook
bowser jr. / baby bowser

after that i think it gets really esoteric, like captain rainbow or takamaru

Drago

Palutena, Dixie Kong, Ridley, new FE character (Chrom), new Pokemon rep, just to name a few likely candidates you haven't listed, plus the odd obscure/joke character.

That's the beauty of it, since there's only a few more shoe-ins left they're free to really go balls out crazy with this game's roster without worrying about knocking out any overdue reps (whom I really only consider Ridley, Mac and a 2nd F-Zero rep to be).

ffdgh

10 characters? lets see how many I can name

K.rool
dixie
palutena
magnus
Medusa tho that may be pushing it.
zoroark?
kumatora or paula
bowser jr or daisy
ridley is too big
krystal
Lyn and roy
saki
jody or that samurai guy from fzero
Banjo.....darn you nintendo for not getting him back ='(

and for the wtf character......uhhhh Iwata mii?

GamerSoul

That's the beauty of it, since there's only a few more shoe-ins left they're free to really go balls out crazy with this game's roster without worrying about knocking out any overdue reps (whom I really only consider Ridley, Mac and a 2nd F-Zero rep to be).

I agree. This game needs to bring back the surprises and craziness

GamerSoul

Whoops gamersoul's avatar remind me that forgot captain syrup.

Coolz. I know it's a longshot but I'm keeping the hope alive til it's all over. lol.

Have any characters been confirmed yet?

Not yet. Nothing has been confirmed other than the fact that there will be two versions of the game, WiiU/3DS, and Namco is helping with it's development with Sakurai still in charge. The game was revealed pretty early so it's a grueling wait for some information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom