• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ten characters list?

Dillon (because fuck you Dillon is awesome)
Saki
Genesect
Palutena
Slippy (joke character who uses reflectors for smash attacks)
Chrom
that ninja guy Nintendo Land is hyping from an old Famicom game
Mallo
that red guy in Wonderful 101
Bayonetta

Kokonoe

Banned
^ I like the first four generations a lot, so no issues there. However, the first two are my favorites.

Oh boo, you could play as like Disco Kid or Bio Rex.
Yes those were intentionally random as hell choices.

You're right. Oh, and Teehee Butterfly, Daroach, and Zebesian!

Macka

1. Isaac - Golden Sun
2. Lyndis - Fire Emblem
3. Mega Man - Mega Man
4. Mewtwo - Pokemon
5. Ridley - Metroid
6. Simon Belmont - Castlevania
7. King. K Ruel - Donkey Kong Country
8. Krystal - Star Fox
9. Medusa - Kid Icarus
10. Shulk - Xenoblade Chronicles

Scrafty - Pokémon Black and White (AKA the best games)
Agent J - Elite Beat Agents
Karate Joe - Rhythm Heaven series
Hades - Kid Icarus Uprising
Fawful - Mario & Luigi RPG series
Vaati - The Legend of Zelda series (Toon Link saga)
HarmoKnight - HarmoKnight: Rhythm Warrior
Quote - Cave Story
Goombella - Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
K - Virtue's Last Reward (a man can dream, alright?)

Hahahah I read that as "Well thinking beyond two generations might be a start right?"

Which is true, expand more over to Gen III, IV and V!
This is also acceptable, i'd like to drop Gen 1 to just two reps max and give other gens a shot.

You're right. Oh, and Teehee Butterfly, Daroach, and Zebesian!
Daroach could make a good AT, an item grabbing angle like munchlax but instead of eating items he'll attack players that have any as well and take them.

K - Virtue's Last Reward (a man can dream, alright?)
Final Smash: BETRAYING MY TRUST!

K's a runner up for me, second to Luna.

Boss Doggie

Why just Daroach and not all of the Squeak Squad as an AT?

This is also acceptable, i'd like to drop Gen 1 to just two reps max and give other gens a shot.

Same.

Actually...

Aside from Genesect, I wouldn't mind Sceptile, Blaziken, Golurk, Axew, Garchomp, Meloetta, or Keldeo.

And I'd pine for Panther over Slippy but the latter seems more realistic (assuming SF gets a rep).

Kokonoe

Banned
Here's my ultimate wishlist that is full of things that most likely will never happen.

Ocarina of Time skins for Ganondorf, Link, and Shiek/Zelda.
Classic Mewtwo skin for Mewtwo if he returns.
Mewtwo's voice actor in Melee.
Return of Ganondorf's ultra megaton kick that vanquishes all things in existence in mid-air!
Full online functions with everything in the game that has multiplayer.
Characters above that I suggested.
The return of Jason Griffith.
Pichu.
Cel-shade skin on Toon Link and Tetra. (Toon Sheik Skin on Tetra as well).
Neo Metal Sonic trophy.
Rayquaza boss to return.
Mode where you can play as a boss and have three (or more) people fight you.
Ganondorf's voice from Melee
If they add a Sonic level, add Lava Reef Zone.
More customization options.
Edit any stage to have any song you want that's in the game instead of being limited to certain ones for that specific stage.
"Melee Mode" option that lets you play with Melee's physics.
Groudon and Kyogre stage.

There's more, but that's all I can think of right now. (semi-ultimate?)

I came back to the thread in time for 10 character list making? Nice.

Dillon, as Dillon is indeed awesome
Chibi-robo
Palutena
K Rool
Ridley
Takamaru
Captain Syrup
Mallo
Harmoknight...um guy.
Sami

List is sensible enough as includes current series getting villians, reps for games that should have had characters in Brawl and all the new-ish series from the eShop.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
1. Takamaru
2. Shulk
3. Little Mac
4. Barbara
5. Tingle
6. Mallo
7. Ridley
8. Medusa
9. King K. Rool.
10. Genesect

My 10 characters are easy.

Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Simon Belmont
Ridley
Lip
Ridley
Ridley
Captain Syrup
Ridley

Though I'd really like to see Ridley, too.

1. Mach Rider
2. King K. Rool
3. Saki Amamiya
4. Little Mac
5. Samurai Goroh
6. Palutena
7. Waluigi
8. Ray Mk. III
9. Ridley
10. Toon Zelda/Phantom Zelda

This is me being quasi sort of realistic. Harder to think of ten than I thought it would have been... hrm...

I'd put Medusa in there but after Uprising I can't in good faith, not on something even semi-realistic.

Boss Doggie

As long as it's not a tales character

1. Mach Rider
2. King K. Rool
3. Saki Amamiya
4. Little Mac
5. Samurai Goroh
6. Palutena
7. Waluigi
8. Ray Mk. III
9. Ridley

This is me being quasi sort of realistic. Harder to think of ten than I thought it would have been... hrm...

I'd put Medusa in there but after Uprising I can't in good faith, not on something even semi-realistic.

It's a wishlist, you don't have to be realistic

ffdgh

I hope they bring back smash 64 throws or somewhere inbetween melee. alot of character could use them.

Also It would help if side smashes knocked characters back at an lower angle than an upward angle.....if that makes sense.

woo spell fail.

Marzo

Neo Member
1. Mach Rider
2. King K. Rool
3. Saki Amamiya
4. Little Mac
5. Samurai Goroh
6. Palutena
7. Waluigi
8. Ray Mk. III
9. Ridley

I would definitely love it if they added in a Toon Zelda/Phantom Zelda combo. Nice suggestion.

Javier

bUl2S.gif

Sielys

Hm, characters I want added?

I think Quote would be a good character actually. His moveset writes itself, chargeable laser, fireball, bubble gun, sword, missiles, etc.

Hm, characters I want added?

I think Quote would be a good character actually. His moveset writes itself, chargeable laser, fireball, bubble gun, sword, missiles, etc.

That's what I was thinking (I suggested him a few posts up).

His Up + B would obviously be the Booster, his Side + B could be his various weapons (the Snake, Machine Gun, and Nemesis), his B could be the (chargeable) Spur, and his Down + B could be to switch the weapon used for his Side + B. His Smash attacks could involve slashing the enemy with the Blade, his shield could utilize the Bubbler, and his Final Smash could be the Level 3 Blade (with King carving through every enemy he passes, KOing them).

JazzmanZ

1.Ridley
2.King.Rool
3.Samurai Goroh
4.5th Gen Pokemon trainer
5.Chibi-Robo
6.Rhythm Heaven character
7.Custom robo
8.Little Mac
9.Hades
10.The dude from Xenoblade

if 2 or more of the characters on that list don't make it in, something is wrong with Sakurai.

as for 3rd party characters

-Professer Layton
-Pac-man
-Megaman
-Ryu
-And the Slime are fine additions.

J-Tier

1. King K. Rool from Donkey Kong
2. Little Mac from Punch-Out!
3. Lyn from Fire Emblem
4. Chibi-Robo from Chibi-Robo
5. Ridley from Metroid
6. Subspace Primid from Brawl (Because there's a wierd meta-thing that goes on by including a "rep" from a previous series).
7. Tom Nook from Animal Crossing (We all know that bastard is evil, him and his extorting ways).
8. Alice or Balloon Fighter from Balloon Fight/Balloon Kid.
9. Isaac from Golden Sun
10. Saki from Sin & Punishment

Honorable mentions:

- Wrestler from Rhythm Heaven Fever ("Pose for the fans!" Had to put at least one really stupid character).
- Waluigi, cuz why not? He can have Mario Tennis/and other sport series stuff in his moveset.
- Professor Layton
- Meh, I should stop, list would probably hit thirty.

Boss Doggie

Ahh yeah Tom Nook. Need that extortion attacks.

Also nice avy. Who knew Friender would be a sophisticated chap

J-Tier

Ahh yeah Tom Nook. Need that extortion attacks.

Also nice avy. Who knew Friender would be a sophisticated chap

Thanks! I envisioned it one day and had to make it so.

And yea, Tom Nook becoming a playable character would be awesome, someone to vent all my anger on.

Sielys

That's what I was thinking (I suggested him a few posts up).

His Up + B would obviously be the Booster, his Side + B could be his various weapons (the Snake, Machine Gun, and Nemesis), his B could be the (chargeable) Spur, and his Down + B could be to switch the weapon used for his Side + B. His Smash attacks could involve slashing the enemy with the Blade, his shield could utilize the Bubbler, and his Final Smash could be the Level 3 Blade (with King carving through every enemy he passes, KOing them).

That sounds really fun. I was thinking of Curly Brace for a final smash, but King makes more sense.

Maybe just add Curly as a clone character. If Nintendo went crazy with the Cave Story like they did Star Fox, even Misery could be character.

Boss Doggie

I want Tom Nook to be like Kohaku from Melty Blood (fuck you Sackboy, you didn't start the item fighter trend properly!)

B - Item Supply
Grabs an item out of nowhere, which can either be a beam sword, a bat, or a star rod. When he is holding an item, pressing B will make him toss the sword/bat/rod forward instead. However when he summons an item, he consumes Bells (200 Bells each).

Side B - Haggle
He performs a throw-like attack. When done near items, he converts them into Bells. When done on players, he instead makes them burst into Bells.

Down B - Furniture
Leaves a sofa in front of him, which is immovable. Absorbs damage. When done in mid-air, it drops and damages enemies that it hits. May randomly summon a grandfather clock instead, which has more health, explodes upon destruction (which damages nearby enemies), and deals more damage when it falls. Only one furniture can be active at a time, and summoning another causes the older one to vanish.

Up B - Wallpaper
Prepares a square "wallpaper" icon. He can then be moved anywhere until he runs out of "stock". Any enemy that touches the wallpaper is damaged.

Final Smash - Tom Nook's Sale
Items and furniture randomly spawn all over the stage a la King Dedede's FS. Because all are in a falling state, they do damage on whoever touches them.

Also I think his smash attacks would be unique, like his forward smash has him summon a furniture which he then pushes to the side. Or an up smash has him set up an item (like how a player brings out an item from the inventory in his/her house). Or a down smash makes him flip the flooring tiles of his front and back.

I refuse to give him "player" actions since it doesn't fit him.

Josh7289

I was just reading through everything we know on this game. I think it's going to be a long, long wait. Late 2014, or even 2015.

Nothing new for Smash fans, though!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I was just reading through everything we know on this game. I think it's going to be a long, long wait. Late 2014, or even 2015.

I used to predicting that we would get SSB4 at 2015, but I don't think that we have to wait for 2015, depend on their situation between 3DS and Wii U. They had huge teams from Namco working on SSB4, so I'm sure that they are there to speed up the productions of SSB4.

I predicted that we will get the games in 2014.

GamerSoul

All they need to do is make another dojo to increase hype and forever screw up sleep patterns.
KuGsj.gif

My sleeping is horrible now...I might have to get all my rage/hype/speculation out of the way the following morning most of the time. Damn that would be hard though.

Anyways my 10 list

1.Captain Syrup
2.Ridley
3.Lil Mac
4.Takamaru
5.Lyn
6.Impa
7.Palutena
8.Sami
9.Isaac
10.Ray MK

Drago

If you ask me, I think we're gonna see it next year at E3, with a release sometime in 2014

Snakey

The only new characters I want to see in Smash 4 are:
Ridley
Mega Man

That's it.

I also want Mewtwo and Roy brought back. I would especially like if they used Roy's re-design for Smash 4:

DlcRoyKakusei.jpg

I also have some observations on what the Japanese fanbase seems to ask for in regards to Smash 4, but I am not sure if anyone here is interested.

Snakey

I'd be interested. Fire away.

Mario: Surprisingly, there is little demand for a Mario newcomer. Requests come up for nearly every Mario character, but each one of them does not have much requests.

Donkey Kong: K. Rool is amongst the most requested newcomers outside the cut Melee duo. Dixie Kong is also highly requested.

The Legend of Zelda: Its Ghirahim. After that its Toon Zelda. Tingle rarely comes up. Its important to note that Skyward Sword was by far the lowest selling 3D Zelda in Japan.

Metroid: Metroid requests rarely come up. However, I have seen posts mentioning Ridley's "overseas popularity".

Yoshi: Yoshi requests never come up.

Kirby: Waddle Dee (Bandanna). Before Return to Dream Land's release, it seemed that Gooey was the choice in regards to a fourth playable Kirby character.

Star Fox: Requests are uncommon, but when they do come up its usually Krystal, Leon, or Slippy. None of these characters have a notable amount of request volume.

Pokemon: Mewtwo is one of the two most requested characters. After him, its probably Zoroark for this series. Zoroark is definitely one of the names that comes up a lot, but how much of this is "expected" versus actually "wanted" is hard to determine. Requests also come up for B/W Trainer, Victini, and most recently Genesect. Genesect has a lot of potential to grow, imo.

F-Zero: Requests for a F-Zero newcomer usually go to Black Shadow. A lot of people want Black Shadow to be voiced by Norio Wakamoto.

Mother: Requests are uncommon, but when it does happen I usually see Kumatora.

Fire Emblem: Roy is one of the two most requested characters. After him, its Chrom for this series. Chrom is definitely one of the names that comes up a lot, but how much of this is "expected" versus actually "wanted" is hard to determine. A distant third is Lucina, who recently has taken up the mantle as the most wanted female Fire Emblem newcomer (that tiara last belonged to Micaiah over there). However, there is a debate amongst Lucina supporters whether her place would be better as a costume of Marth or a stand-alone character.

Kid Icarus: Palutena is the only character of this series that gets a large amount of requests. However, Palutena is definitely amongst the most wanted characters outside the cut Melee duo.

Pikmin: Pikmin requests never happen.

Wario: Wario requests never happen.

Retro: Retro requests are surprisingly uncommon. However, when it does happen its usually Takamaru.

Other: Shulk gets quite a lot of requests. Shulk is easily the most requested Nintendo character from a series not represented yet with a playable character in Smash Bros. A distant second would be Starfy. There are several Japanese Smash fans that mention Punch-Out and Little Mac's "overseas" popularity. Isaac (Robin in Japan) and Matthew get few requests. Saki and Isa also get few requests.

Third-party: Mega Man is by far the most requested third-party character, and the only one that comes up a lot. Mega Man is definitely amonst the most wanted characters outside the cut Melee duo. Aside from Mega Man, there is a lot of arguing and flame wars in regards to Namco. There is arguing not just about whether a Namco character should even be added, but amongst those who think one should be added there is no consensus. There are flame wars about which Tekken and Tales of character would be best for Smash Bros.

Here is a basic tier list amongst the characters that tend to get the most requests:

S:
Mewtwo
Roy

A:
Mega Man
Palutena
Shulk
K. Rool

B:
Dixie Kong
Chrom
Zoroark