• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
so......half damage output if his shades fall off?
KuGsj.gif
Reverse Wesker!

But it takes a while for him to lose his glasses, and he can pick them up, Vega style!

Kokonoe

Banned
Yeah I mean come on...Naruto? We need someone who is actually cool, we need Sasuke. Oh my gosh...think about it...if they add in Shadow as well, you could have the perfect tag team of badboyness in one singular title. It would be the most hardcore, non kiddy game because they don't play around. -sigh- that won't happen, Nintendo doesn't make M rated games and such a game with those characters would be too graphic for the kids.

qq more

And to add to the no Naruto discussion: Why do we need anime characters in Smash Bros? This is a Nintendo fighter with some guest characters from third party video games franchises. Go use MUGEN if you want Naruto beating up Mario that badly.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
And to add to the no Naruto discussion: Why do we need anime characters in Smash Bros? This is a Nintendo fighter with some guest characters from third party video games franchises. Go use MUGEN if you want Naruto beating up Mario that badly.

Then why do they include Pokémon characters? They originate from an anime.

qq more

oh, okay

Kjellson just pulled your legs clean off smash gaf.

edit: oh now there's also confirmation of this obvious truth

In all fairness, we used to have very ridiculous people in the past asking for Mickey Mouse. Even went as far as saying "so what if sakurai said video game characters only!? he might change his mind this time!".

Then why do they include Pokémon characters? They originate from an anime.

oh youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I'll admit; this made me laugh out loud.

What would everyone's opinions be on including Cackletta in the game? I think she's make a pretty cool addition to the cast.

It's unlikely I think but it would be neat. Personally I find Fawful a better rep for the M&L games though.

ffdgh

Yeah I mean come on...Naruto? We need someone who is actually cool, we need Sasuke. Oh my gosh...think about it...if they add in Shadow as well, you could have the perfect tag team of badboyness in one singular title. It would be the most hardcore, non kiddy game because they don't play around. -sigh- that won't happen, Nintendo doesn't make M rated games and such a game with those characters would be too graphic for the kids.

No his new personality is horrible.

give me a shadow alt for sonic...heck give sonic actual colored alts instead of hues.

Yeah, I joke about ORGY NAIL KERREK DUR DONUT STEEL, but in a fight, the different shades of blue are kinda indistinguishable. Really needs a full-on fur recolor.

GamerSoul

I use to play mugen all the time. fun times.

I would just like a reliable way to KO someone when they're above 100% when playing as Sonic.

Just get a smashball. :)

Kjellson

There is a scary amount of people on the net who wishes for anime characters for SSB. I guess they kinda think it makes sense since video games and anime are both related to Japan.

Katsuke-Kuno-San-Yama from Akari-Chi-Bari-Ramalamadingdong for SSB4!

lol apparently people (read: sonic fans) are begging Sonic to go up in tiers
It's not like Sakurai defines the tiers himself. He just makes several combatants, tries to handle subtle balancing, and lets it out when he thinks all the characters are about even. It's the fans that then tear it to pieces, analyze everything and assign rankings from that.

I want John Cena in SSB, that way I would always win, even if I lose, 4th place? i'll be standing in the background smirking away undermining the winners accomplishment.

ffdgh

I would just like a reliable way to KO someone when they're above 100% when playing as Sonic.

It doesn't help that ALOT of characters have this same issue =/. Or a reverse where their attacks come out too slow.

Heck peach's upsmash Is a great Killer yet it's so useless since it needs to be sweet spotted near her shoulders up....while marth's just launches them into the sword without any effort XD
While a select few can ko without any effort since they have more than 1 fast/strong. I'm talking about you Snake.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sonic was one big motivation for homebrew. First his music needed replacing and most of his textures needed to be chucked as well. I found a simple pack that just recolours his fur rather than making him a bad modal of Shadow.

Has anybody modded in Classic Sonic? You'd have to change the size of Sonic's skeleton but other than that it should look great, especially since they already mixed in a few classic nods into Brawl Sonic's animations.

Kokonoe

Banned
Mario is pretty sterile I agree but Sonic is an outdated mascot from the late 80's-90's that managed to survive because fanbase!

I think it survived because people enjoyed the games so much as children that they still remember all the memories they have and how much they enjoyed the games and still do. Of course you can say that about a lot of things, but still it's like Mario just Mario didn't have a ton of lousy games like Sonic did for that period. Least Generations came out, though.

As far as character designs, I do much prefer the hedgehog over the plumber.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why didn't classic Sonic talk in Generations? I considered him to be even more of a gnarlister back then.

Kokonoe

Banned
I knew this was coming, I should have prepared for it.

Haha.

Why didn't classic Sonic talk in Generations? I considered him to be even more of a gnarlister back then.

SEGA was too afraid of upsetting their fans, I know a lot of people wanted Jaleel White to do the voice. Although the game is lackluster and I don't suggest playing it, Sonic & The Black Knight which I've played recently has Sonic more of like what you're referring to. The game isn't worth playing much but I've been playing it for Sonic's dialogue and the story which is surprisingly nice for a Sonic game.

Because Classic Sonic didn't say a whole lot of things back then. Like, it was limited to Sonic CD's voice clips of "Yes!", "Yeah!" "Alright!" and "I'm outta here!" (and the middle two weren't even used in-game!). He only got a voice with Sonic Adventure.

I don't count Jaleel White. People seem to have fond memories of his Sonic, but revisiting it in the early 2000s, I found it grating.

I think it survived because people enjoyed the games so much as children that they still remember all the memories they have and how much they enjoyed the games and still do.

Then why are so many Sonic fans nowadays children that were born after the Genesis Sonic games came out and were popular?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I haven't played it (well I lie, I did play a level at Eurogamer), but I did watch a video and I was surprised that classic Sonic almost came off as Baby Sonic rather than that finger wagging groove dude from the Mega Drive days. Basically he should have been full of 90s lingo and Michael Jackson love.

According to Ruby Eclipse they were briefly considering getting Jaleel White (in all honestly I would've loved how hilariously dumb this would've been) but decided keeping him mute was the safest option.

Sonic is terrible I agree.
I know! It's almost as bad as Star Fox and Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom