• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quackula

Actually, an oddball inanimate character like that would be hilarious. I've always been rooting for L-Block or Squiggly from Tetris.

Kinda surprised we haven't gotten at least a Tetris themed stage (or some other puzzle game like Panel De Pon or Wario's Woods or something if the rights issues with Tetris are too tangled.)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I think it survived because people enjoyed the games so much as children that they still remember all the memories they have and how much they enjoyed the games and still do. Of course you can say that about a lot of things, but still it's like Mario just Mario didn't have a ton of lousy games like Sonic did for that period. Least Generations came out, though.

As far as character designs, I do much prefer the hedgehog over the plumber.

Well 90's are all about totally radical shit, so I think Sonic survived because of that.

Also Sonic design is 2edgy2hip

As opposed to a certain other animal-mascot series Ookami will probably burst a blood vessel if you mention in that way.

Star Fox? I admit only SNES and 64 are good. I'm just more on "the later games still provide some good stuff" and "story isn't crap until Command" :p

Star Fox? I admit only SNES and 64 are good. I'm just more on "the later games still provide some good stuff" and "story isn't crap until Command" :p
Which is more or less how I feel (I give SFA somewhat a pass since it wasn't meant to have anything to do with Star Fox until the last year of development).

I just find ribbing you fun somtimes :>

Boss Doggie

Doggie's just mad because he's too slow.

Can't keep up with Sonic's fast paced lifestyle.

And thank goodness for that.

You know what I have to put up with Sonic fans? Sonic Do Not Steal muscle characters, good god

Which is more or less how I feel (I give SFA somewhat a pass since it wasn't meant to have anything to do with Star Fox until the last year of development).

I just find ribbing you fun somtimes :>

Actually I thought you were referring to Dillon's Rolling Western.

So after many many years, I finally got DIOS MIOS working on my Wii and started playing Melee, despite all the flak Brawl gets I find myself missing stuff the more maneuverable air dodge, jumping feels off (it feels like I'm doing my double jump as the first jump), and man Zelda SUCKS, I love playing as her in Brawl but she just seems useless. Wow. But then that's just my initial impressions after playing Brawl all of this time and not melee for the past few years. I do wish SSB4 will bring back those fun little score bonuses from Melee also the Home Run bat is useful in Melee, how I missed it.

BTW, playing NSMB2, I can see them adding the Gold Flower, like the Golden hammer it can be a very rare drop that gives the user metal properties and the ability to shoot powerful projectiles (like charged Super Scope shots).

Also I'm hoping to play Kid Icarus soon, but... kinda seems weird to imagine Palutena, a Goddess as a playable character in the next Smash, looking forward to seeing all this potential you guys are talking about.

I'd love to see Ghirahim playable. He seems popular enough with a bunch of move potential, I see him a s a cross between Link (swordplay), Zelda (magic and teleport), and the FE characters (counter moves).

They're probably still pissed at Nintendo for not letting them use Mario for Wreck-It-Ralph.

Actually not true, the director couldn't find a good scene for him. He didn't want to give someone as big and iconic as Mario some quick throwaway cameo. John C. Reily then made a joke about Disney being unable to afford him and this turned into the rumor that Nintendo's demands were too high for Disney. If there's any Disney character that makes it in, I'd bet on Wreck-it Ralph more than Sora. Wouldn't mind him though.

Quackula

I'd love to see Ghirahim playable. He seems popular enough with a bunch of move potential, I see him a s a cross between Link (swordplay), Zelda (magic and teleport), and the FE characters (counter moves).

I dunno about Ghirahim. I'd kinda rather some other Zelda character take his spot if they're gonna add a new one. Vaati, Pig Ganon w/ Trident, etc. Ghirahim was also one off character so idk what his chances really are. I'd say his chances lie somewhere between Skull Kid and Zant.

I've been thinking that Lip with a moveset drawing from all of Nintendo's various puzzle games would be a fun addition.

Ryce

I dunno about Ghirahim. I'd kinda rather some other Zelda character take his spot if they're gonna add a new one. Vaati, Pig Ganon w/ Trident, etc. Ghirahim was also one off character so idk what his chances really are. I'd say his chances lie somewhere between Skull Kid and Zant.

I've been thinking that Lip with a moveset drawing from all of Nintendo's various puzzle games would be a fun addition.
Yeah, Ghirahim isn't very likely. He's in the same position that Skull Kid, Zant, and Midna were in the past. If the Zelda series gets a new character, it's going to be Toon Zelda or Tingle.

GamerSoul

But he's a better character if only because of his fabulousness in the sea of boring Zelda characters.

>.> I...agree with you on this one. He would fit well with the cast. But, imo, Impa would be a better choice if I had to choose one because the only villain you really need from LoZ is ganondorf.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Sakurai just tweeted the image,

A_HbA1nCMAA2YTG.jpg

I am going to add my two cents.

Left one could be Takamaru. he would held great katana up in the air and shoot fireball. I recalled that he had fireball in the game.
Right one might be Shiek, Zelda or Palutena. I really hope it's Palutena. lol

Javier

It's one of the most common rules of anthropomorphic cartoon characters. All it takes is to wear a single piece of clothing to no longer be considered "naked".

Look at every Hanna-Barbera character, for example. All you need is a friggin' bow tie.

I have a pretty bad cold. So tonight I had a fever dream of the new Smash Bros., and it was awful.

It was in a 3D environment instead of 2D like the Smash games were until now.
Instead of actually fighting, the goal was to collect star coins (like those in the NSMB games). In order to make star coins appear, you had to collect normal coins or solve special objectives, such as gliding down a flag pole or riding a flying carpet.

All you could do was run and jump around and crash into opponents to throw them off; falling into a pit or taking too much damage would result in a loss of a stock.

I remember picking up mushrooms to unlock every character's "final smash", which was basically just a speed up and invulnerability. I specifically remember Peach turning into Daisy with that, and Samus have a huge plasma shot she could aim.

Characters I remember to be playable were Mario, Luigi, Peach, DK, Samus, the small sidekick to Sonic in Sonic Unleashed and Teemo from League of Legends.

Rayis

Mewtwo fans, stop wanting to take out Jigglypuff out of the game just to include Mewtwo back,
She made it into the original game and has been in all 3, he didn't make it into the original and has only been in one. At this point Jigglypuff is a staple in the series and Mewtwo is just a character who was included in Melee, I'm not against Mewtwo's return but not at the expense of Jigglypuff, cut Lucario, cut the Trainer, hell even Pikachu (LOL AS IF) but not Jigglypuff!

*sorry, I'm just a rabid Jigglypuff fan who wanted to go on a rant!

Boss Doggie

Yeah whenever people bring up Power Stone 2 I always kinda scoff them since it's barebones compared to other 3d fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom