• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I thought (and still do think) that he was a dumb inclusion. Same with ROB. My opinion on the matter got me a very short-lived hate thread on Gamefaqs, so obviously I'm doing something right!

You and your lack of historical respect or something like that!

I think G&W makes a hell of a lot more sense than R.O.B, at least G&W still gets around with his G&W galleries, actually I consider him an incredibly inspired character choice though not one I like playing as.
Coming to think of it do we expect R.O.B back in SSB4?

then dont use them

problem solved

The problem is that nobody would shut up about how they were lonely kids with no friends who only had ROB. That, or they would talk about how ROB saved the gaming industry. I had to hear the latter on a weekly basis thanks to living with a Nintendo fanboy (who now works as a tester at Nintendo). It was excruciating.

Fuck ROB. Fuck him, and fuck all of his deluded fans. Fuck G&W too, but I don't actually hate him. I just think he was a dumb inclusion.

qq more

The problem is that nobody would shut up about how they were lonely kids with no friends who only had ROB. That, or they would talk about how ROB saved the gaming industry. I had to hear the latter on a weekly basis thanks to living with a Nintendo fanboy (who now works as a tester at Nintendo). It was excruciating.

Fuck ROB. Fuck him, and fuck all of his deluded fans. Fuck G&W too, but I don't actually hate him. I just think he was a dumb inclusion.

and im sick of people whining about a god damn robot toy

i just think its pretty cool that nintendo looked back in their history and made an interesting fighter out of it

also why does G&W really bother you? you never explained it at all

The way some people act how the inclusion of certain characters is a sin tanamount to matricide always amuses me, be it Geno, G&W, ROB, Wolf...

Ryce

I don't use G&W or R.O.B. either, but that doesn't make them bad inclusions. I'm glad they're in the game; their presence really helps solidify the "Nintendo anthology" vibe that Sakurai is after. Quit being so selfish. :(

Ryce

CaJG4.png

Ryce

What's that thing?
What I suspect people will push as "the next G&W or R.O.B." despite not being nearly as relevant (or sensible as a playable character). People assume that just because G&W was included in Melee and R.O.B. was put in Brawl that another not-quite-a-video-game-character from the '80s will be included in SSB4.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The way some people act how the inclusion of certain characters is a sin tanamount to matricide always amuses me, be it Geno, G&W, ROB, Wolf...

I joined Smashboards recently, and I love the language they use on there when describing the chances of characters getting in. It's very raw, emotional stuff.

What I suspect people will push as "the next G&W or R.O.B." despite not being nearly as relevant (or sensible as a playable character). People assume that just because G&W was included in Melee and R.O.B. was put in Brawl that another not-quite-a-video-game-character from the '80s will be included in SSB4.

That's nice, but you didn't answer my question.

Watch Da Birdie

Someone said that "Genesect supporters were akin to viral marketers and their reasons for wanting him are shallow at best".

And I was like, fuck yeah, he's a giant mechanical predator bug, what kind of shallow reasoning is there when it comes to wanting characters in a crossover fighting-game. I mean, if you like a character, you wanna see them in. Easy as that.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Someone said that "Genesect supporters were akin to viral marketers and their reasons for wanting him are shallow at best".

And I was like, fuck yeah, he's a giant mechanical predator bug, what kind of shallow reasoning is there when it comes to wanting characters in a crossover fighting-game. I mean, if you like a character, you wanna see them in. Easy as that.

Like I said, Smash fans are weird people that try to find deep reasoning for roster inclusion.

Watch Da Birdie

Like I said, Smash fans are weird people that try to find deep reasoning for roster inclusion.

Well, I think that my want for Genesect is backed up with decent reasoning...he's a Pokemon that is obviously being promoted and Pokemon has always been a series in Smash with strong synergy between the games and the anime...but of course in the end it boils down to personal tastes. I mean, I can understand if I was one of those weirdos suggesting Agumon (no lie, a serious contender), but dude's a legitimate Nintendo character.

Bar that though, Smashboards is pretty cool. It's fun thinking of movesets for characters and stuff.

Boss Doggie

Well, I think that my want for Genesect is backed up with decent reasoning...he's a Pokemon that is obviously being promoted and Pokemon has always been a series in Smash with strong synergy between the games and the anime...but of course in the end it boils down to personal tastes. I mean, I can understand if I was one of those weirdos suggesting Agumon (no lie, a serious contender), but dude's a legitimate Nintendo character.

Bar that though, Smashboards is pretty cool. It's fun thinking of movesets for characters and stuff.

But generally speaking roster choices are mostly just for fun. We can still pick good reasonings. What we're doing is fine. My problem generally lies on the people on that board regarding those stuff. Hell, even in GameFAQs they have weird topics like that. Even just suggesting a "hypothetical what-if said character get in" discussion, a bulk of the replies will be "why should character be in it!" rather than discussing the character.

Watch Da Birdie

Yeah, it's more fun to discuss ideas for a character's gameplay than simply going back-and-forth about the percentage of them getting in.

leroidys

Eh, if you told me before melee that they were adding G&W I would have responded with "are you out of your fucking mind?", but he ended up being one of the most fun to play characters in the game.

ROB didn't quite pan out (IMO). If they can make a fun moveset for him I wouldn't mind his inclusion.

I doubt he's under consideration though. Maybe as an assist trophy.

Quackula

I'd bank more on Nester if we got another ROB/G&W type addition. I mean I know it's unlikely given how Nintendo Power was only really a thing in the US, but it's also exactly the sort of left-field thing I'd expect Nintendo to do for Smash.

R.O.B. and G&W are awesome boo to the folks who hate them.

I like your new avatar.

Thanks, I thought I needed something condescending.

You've not played Galaxy, NSMBWii and U? He's part of the "story" and a boss. He also appears in the new Paper Mario.

I like him :) Though, I wouldn't mind him being branded as a Yoshi rep.

Oh yeah, I forgot he was in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, so that's one point for him I guess. I didn't even know that was supposed to be in him Galaxy either.

Watch Da Birdie

So, uh, let's talk about levels?

One idea I had was a Twilight Princess-style (but with a bit of Link to the Past) Hyrule Hall post-Ganondorf takeover.

My main idea for the stage is that a central platform would be a giant chandelier that would swing around based on the weight distribution and movement of the characters standing on-top of it, showing off the improved physics of the Wii U. Furthermore, the stage would have extremely dynamic lightning...as the chandelier swung about, the lighting of the dim hall would change depending on its orientation and position.

Another idea I had was for a Bottle Ship Level that turns the Smash formula on its head...there's NO way to be knocked off...at first. Glass panels cover the left, right, and top, and to KO foes, you must first break the glass panes by hitting them enough. So it would add an extra layer of strategy. Of course, things would get a bit difficult as Phantoon would also appear and smash his tentacles through the glass trying to grab at the players.

GamerSoul

So, uh, let's talk about levels?

One idea I had was a Twilight Princess-style (but with a bit of Link to the Past) Hyrule Hall post-Ganondorf takeover.

My main idea for the stage is that a central platform would be a giant chandelier that would swing around based on the weight distribution and movement of the characters standing on-top of it, showing off the improved physics of the Wii U. Furthermore, the stage would have extremely dynamic lightning...as the chandelier swung about, the lighting of the dim hall would change depending on its orientation and position.

Another idea I had was for a Bottle Ship Level that turns the Smash formula on its head...there's NO way to be knocked off...at first. Glass panels cover the left, right, and top, and to KO foes, you must first break the glass panes by hitting them enough. So it would add an extra layer of strategy. Of course, things would get a bit difficult as Phantoon would also appear and smash his tentacles through the glass trying to grab at the players.

I like your second level idea. Honestly, I wouldn't mind having some flat stages with platforms distributed in various ways. They don't have to be like battle field or animal crossing, but I like stages with atleast some static areas. For example, the Fire Emblem stage, Picto chat, Coneria, etc.

Boss Doggie

I actually kinda like Lylat Cruise. I hope they keep it.

With that said, I also wouldn't mind a chaotic stage.

GamerSoul

I actually kinda like Lylat Cruise. I hope they keep it.

With that said, I also wouldn't mind a chaotic stage.

Lylat Cruise is a good stage, i hate those ledges though. lol. I'm okay with having a few chaotic stages but I know I will never play them frequently.

I'm bored and I want to reinvigorate some of my lost creativeness so I'm making a moveset.

Lyn (Fire Emblem)

DLCLyn.jpg

tumblr_m6imwh8pxL1qzefcpo1_500.jpg

-----------------------------------------

B: Short Bow: Lyn will take out a shortbow and shoot a weak arrow that will have a small percentage of hitting a critical hit that will cause a bit more knockback and flinching. Can be charged.

^B: Mani Katti Rise: Lyn will continously flip in the air in an arc (similar to Lloyd's Tempest move) with one sword in hand until she hits the ground. It can be point upward or diagnally and has decent range for recovery. Better than Ike's to get a visual picture.

(Hold)>B: Mani Katti Charge: Similar to her Assist Trophy move and Ike's >B. Lyn will charge her sword in a crouching position and unleash a strong slash to a nearby enemy.

>B>B>B: Sword Play: Lyn will strike with her sword in a small weak 2 hit combo (similar to Marths combos) that ends with either a stronger slash or a stronger up slash that leaves her in the air (^B)

vB: Counter: Lyn will quickly dodge an opponents upcoming attack and strike back with a strong slash. Like the other counters there will be a certain window that the upcoming hit must fall in.

------
New Stance: Dual Wield: Lyn will switch to using two katanas. She will be noticeably slower and will not be able to use Smash attacks. All her normal attacks will feature two sword hits though. Specials can be used but there will be a delay if not timed right AND it will return you back to the one sword stance.

Final Smashes: Sol Katti: Lyn will take her two katanas and combined them in a flash to form the legendary Sol Katti blade. Her speed will increase a bit and her range will also increase due to the sword. In the short duration of the Final Smash she is very strong, but not invincible.

call it broken but, I like it...

Boss Doggie

I thought this guy is awesome and deserves a spot and he fucking downs a
jerk-ass Dragonite

(Sunglasses) Krookodile

ash_krookodilehyi8a.png

B - Dragon Claw. Chargeable close-ranged move that deals strong damage, but charge cannot be stored
Down B - Dig. Bury underground and move around the current platform, press B again to do an upward strike. Can only be struck by very low attacks. Can only be done on the ground.
Down B Air - Aerial Dig. Deliver a downward punch attack that spikes enemies.
Side B - Stone Edge. Summon stones. Pressing Side B again launches all stones at the same time. Performing any other attack will simply launch a stone shard forward one at a time.
Up B - Aerial Ace. Powerful uppercut followed by a "float"-like glide. Pressing B again makes a downward punch.
Final Smash - Sandstorm. Summons a sandstorm that damages all enemies gradually while making the screen hard to see except for SG Krookodile.
Also, SG Krookodie has Moxie, which means each Smash kill he does powers him up. Resets when he himself gets KO'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom