• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
People say region locking and pirating are the reasons the Wii homebrew scene took off. I say it was man finding it a necessity to replace Sonic music and NPC in Brawl.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sora is basically Sakurai and the receptionist so why would they take on interns? If you're going to create a fake story at least don't include a massive hole in it.

I'll humor the thought of the 3 cuts from the fake. Lucario, sonic, and snake.

I could see it being the last three non-3rd parties who made it into Brawl; Toon Link, Wolf and Jigglypuff.

Not that I'd be happy with that nor that this leak has any credibility whatsoever. The fact it makes out anybody with a physical cameo in Smash before SSB4 won't be playable by default dwindles the roster down remarkably.

ffdgh

Oh come now gfaqs is still a nice place to be many issues aside.....if only to keep my karma up while posting here lol.

These fake rosters would be easier to believe if the makers had actually played Uprising before randomly selecting one of the characters the E3 trailers inexplicably focus on yet are only in the final game for something like half an hour.

Magnus is cool and all but no way in hell he'd be playable over Hades, Palutena or even Dark Pit or Viridi.

Magnus got a lot of focus early in the Smash speculation game because he was the only new character known, and people got a bit of a Meta Knight vibe off of him. In the end, he was only in the game for two levels. The more appropriate Meta Knight analogue (Dark mirror of the protagonist of ambiguous allegiance) would be Dark Pit / Pittoo. And as mentioned before, a ton of characters are more key than Magnus. Once people actually PLAYED Uprising, the focus on Magnus immediately switched over to Palutena and Hades.

Magnus got a lot of focus early in the Smash speculation game because he was the only new character known, and people got a bit of a Meta Knight vibe off of him. In the end, he was only in the game for two levels. The more appropriate Meta Knight analogue (Dark mirror of the protagonist of ambiguous allegiance) would be Dark Pit / Pittoo. And as mentioned before, a ton of characters are more key than Magnus. Once people actually PLAYED Uprising, the focus on Magnus immediately switched over to Palutena and Hades.

Yep, I can certainly attest to this. There's a post I made way back this thread about being unsure about how Palutena would work being a goddess and all but now I can see her being a big shoo in with a lot of moveset potential.

SmithnCo

Eh I still consider magnus important enough to be a 3rd rep after palutena(he was in 3 stages btw).

But his moveset? He swings a club around... Plus he just wasn't as funny or interesting as the others.

My choice for reps would be Palutena first, Hades second. Maybe Medusa/Viridi as alt colors or semi-clones.

Eh I still consider magnus important enough to be a 3rd rep after palutena(he was in 3 stages btw).

I'd say it depends on how Sakurai will represent Uprising's gameplay and If there are any changes made to Pit. If he wants to put characters representing different weapons, then certainly Magnus would be great for "Club gameplay", while Palutena could be staves and/or Orbitars, maybe Hades for (Brawler) Claws, and Viridi could be like a smaller, faster Palutena. I still think Dark Pit should be an alternate color with a changed voice, be he can certainly have an alternate weapon moveset as well.

Edit: I agree with Smithnco's setup. There definitely should be a balance between gameplay and franchise representation and my idea might be overkill. I mean it's not like we have a swarm of Fire Emblem characters representing different classes

For a Kid Icarus Assist Trophy I will accept nothing less than the Eggplant Wizard.

Nothing.

Less.

Just Assist Trophy potential perfection. If we end up getting more than one AT for most series then the Reaper and Reapettes as the second.

I'd rather not Magnus be an Assist Trophy because there are seriously enough Assist Trophies already that consist of characters running around attacking the others and I seriously can't think of anything else Magnus could even do.

If I were put in charge of Kid Icarus representation:

Playable Characters: Pit, Palutena
Stage: The Underworld
Assist Trophies: Eggplant Wizard, Reaper & Reapettes
Boss: Medusa
Extra Characters to appear in Pit and Palutena's Smash Taunts: Viridi, Hades
Palette Swap: Dark Pit

Done. At least, that's what I would do. Palutena could have some colors based on different female characters from Uprising like in this picture. Maybe Hades could appear in the background of the Underworld stage occasionally, or maybe have Medusa do that and him be the boss (I'd prefer Medusa as the boss though).

Enemies in Adventure mode could be Shemum, Monoeye, Reaper & Reapettes, and Eggplant Wizard (like how the Hammer Bro appears both as an enemy and as an AT).

The rest of the people could be left to Trophies.

ffdgh

But his moveset? He swings a club around... Plus he just wasn't as funny or interesting as the others.

My choice for reps would be Palutena first, Hades second. Maybe Medusa/Viridi as alt colors or semi-clones.

Sakurai could buff his club to shoot charge shots and tornadoes like the fake one does and I enjoyed his conversations with pit especially in hotsprings lol.

For a Kid Icarus Assist Trophy I will accept nothing less than the Eggplant Wizard.

Nothing.

Less.

Just Assist Trophy potential perfection. If we end up getting more than one AT for most series then the Reaper and Reapettes as the second.

I'd rather not Magnus be an Assist Trophy because there are seriously enough Assist Trophies already that consist of characters running around attacking the others and I seriously can't think of anything else Magnus could even do.

If I were put in charge of Kid Icarus representation:

Playable Characters: Pit, Palutena
Stage: The Underworld
Assist Trophies: Eggplant Wizard, Reaper & Reapettes
Boss: Medusa
Extra Characters to appear in Pit and Palutena's Smash Taunts: Viridi, Hades
Palette Swap: Dark Pit

Done. At least, that's what I would do. Palutena could have some colors based on different female characters from Uprising like in this picture. Maybe Hades could appear in the background of the Underworld stage occasionally, or maybe have Medusa do that and him be the boss (I'd prefer Medusa as the boss though).

Enemies in Adventure mode could be Shemum, Monoeye, Reaper & Reapettes, and Eggplant Wizard (like how the Hammer Bro appears both as an enemy and as an AT).

The rest of the people could be left to Trophies.

Totally agreed about Eggplant Wizard though I imagine Magnus doing the Magnus Club's backward dash attack and creating a Tornado.

Also if there is an adventure mode with Medusa as a boss Hades needs to be like the Giga Bowser uber version complete with credits rip. I will accept nothing less.

Also nice Palutena colors there.

TrueBlue

I do still wonder if there will be significant changes to Pit's move-set after the release of Uprising. It'd be a shame to let all those usable weapons go to waste.

SmithnCo

I do still wonder if there will be significant changes to Pit's move-set after the release of Uprising. It'd be a shame to let all those usable weapons go to waste.

Probably, I'd be okay if they replaced some of his attacks, like side-B I think, which were originally made for Brawl. He has an obvious new final smash too.

L Thammy

Suda51 was in Brawl's credits. And Suda did say he wants Travis Touchdown in Smash Bros. But, yeah, that rumour has fake written all over it.

And I'm still saying Pit's old moveset should go to Palutena. I'd like to see a new moveset where he could drop charged cannon shots and snipe with a staff.

Suda51 was in Brawl's credits. And Suda did say he wants Travis Touchdown in Smash Bros. But, yeah, that rumour has fake written all over it.

And I'm still saying Pit's old moveset should go to Palutena. I'd like to see a new moveset where he could drop charged cannon shots and snipe with a staff.
Travis Touchdown is up there with Layton and Banjo as 3rd party character who won't happen for a million different reasons, but I'd love to see in Smash regardless.

L Thammy

If Hades does make it in, one of his specials should be eating things. You know, just like Kirby/Dedede/Wario.

Dedede/Kirby/Wario/Yoshi/Bowser (well, he bites, anyway).

Travis Touchdown is up there with Layton and Banjo as 3rd party character who won't happen for a million different reasons, but I'd love to see in Smash regardless.

The only thing weirder would be if someone from Metal Gear Solid got into Smash Bros. Could you imagine?

Time for you to move on, like we did. Rare is gone, and it became Kinectware.
Please, don't act like I haven't already accepted the truth. It's still nice to want things; even the impossible.

It just didn't help that I stumbled upon my incomplete save of Kazooie on XBLA earlier, and saw it through to completion, and then immediately started on Tooie, which I'd bought years ago but was waiting on completion of Kazooie before starting. These games have held up a lot better than they have any right to. Plus, I can't shake the feeling I get when I consider I'm playing very authentic ports of first/second-party N64 games on XBLA: "man, this is a really bizarre situation."

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Please, don't act like I haven't already accepted the truth. It's still nice to want things; even the impossible.

It just didn't help that I stumbled upon my incomplete save of Kazooie on XBLA earlier, and saw it through to completion, and then immediately started on Tooie, which I'd bought years ago but was waiting on completion of Kazooie before starting. These games have held up a lot better than they have any right to. Plus, I can't shake the feeling I get when I consider I'm playing very authentic ports of first/second-party N64 games on XBLA: "man, this is a really bizarre situation."

I didn't meant to sound like that but I did added the joke at end of my sentence, "KinectWare." I apologized for giving out wrong impression.

Edited: Microsoft don't really care about those IP at all, since I was hoping that they would let them to make their own games. I played most of Rareware games and I actually enjoyed most of them. I'm bittered that they dropped ball with Perfect Dark Zero and I'm disappointed that they dropped Kameo 2.

GamerSoul

Off topic but, I wish Nintendo kept Perfect Dark, it could have been their go to FPS for generations and they're sorely in need of one.

GamerSoul

It might've kept them from ruining Metroid, too. :x

wat, Metroid Prime was an amazing sub-series. You better :x hehe But I agree it was not the FPS answer that Nintedno may have been looking for. It doesn't take anything away from it though. I still need to play and beat the third.

how weird is it that a nintendo console used to be the first person shooter console

n64 was too godlike

Seriously. :eek: It's weird.

Did we ever find out what Suda did for Brawl?

TrueBlue

Probably, I'd be okay if they replaced some of his attacks, like side-B I think, which were originally made for Brawl. He has an obvious new final smash too.

Maybe they could replace his Down-B with a weapon change that would subsequently effect his other B-specials and general play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom