• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

OK, it wasn't me just not remembering things.

Why not? Though Wikipedia says the last Megaman game released is Street Fighter X Mega Man.

Because it's not an important title or anything worth bringing up I guess!

(Plus the playable character is Over-01, not Mega Man or X or anyone else like that)

DaBoss

Because it's not an important title or anything worth bringing up I guess!

(Plus the playable character is Over-01, not Mega Man or X or anyone else like that)

That's true, they don't mention spin-offs and stuff for Mario and crew.

Since that is the case, what is Mega Man's last game that can be considered a main series game (normal, X, Zero, and etc.)? lol

qq more

They usually list 3 games as the maximum right? I think they could mention Mega Man 1 (NES) and Mega Man 10 (Wii) for Classic Mega Man.

..Also, I also keep forgetting that trophies has game lists too.

Gattuso

They usually list 3 games as the maximum right? I think they could mention Mega Man 1 (NES) and Mega Man 10 (Wii) for Classic Mega Man.

..Also, I also keep forgetting that trophies has game lists too.
i believe they only put 1 or 2 games for each character

qq more

Oh, okay. Sorry my memory was a bit off on that! (Could've sworn there was a Smash bros game that listed 3 games per character... maybe SSB64?)

Possibilities like this are why I hope to god that if Mii is a playable character, it comes with the ability to record custom sound effects for its taunts and moves.

I know a lot of people don't like that idea because they feel it would cause another Mario Tennis Open situation and lead to everyone playing as their Miis rather than the actual characters (not that a possible Smash 4 voice feature would carry over to online, anyway), but think about it guys. Don't you wanna play as a Hank Hill Mii that yells "BWAH" every time he falls off the stage? Or a Stu Mii that taunts about having to make chocolate pudding at four o'clock in the morning?
Or a Mii that says "fuck" and the n-word over and over again in an attempt to be as offensive and racist as possible?

you guys are pretty amazing, ill never be on that level of skill ever

haha Thanks, just a lot of playing with a fun community helps. Hopefully the quality was alright, that's still his first couple times tweaking things. I'd be down to help set anyone up if interested.

The team combos in this game though are soooo good. The hitstun in combination with how the attacks flow feel great.

Gattuso

haha Thanks, just a lot of playing with a fun community helps. Hopefully the quality was alright, that's still his first couple times tweaking things. I'd be down to help set anyone up if interested.

The team combos in this game though are soooo good. The hitstun in combination with how the attacks flow feel great.

I would but I need to figure out how to get ppjoy to work

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You know Namco likes to have a character who mimics a different character every round? That will be Mii's job.

At the very least it'd be neat to have a character in Smash with tower-defense style gimmicks to their moves. Plus unless my memory's failing me, I don't think we've ever gotten a desert-themed stage in Smash (unless you count the above-ground section of Mushroomy Kingdom which was bleh), so something wild west themed to play around in would be ace.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yeah, it'd be fun if it uses the "day -> dusk" style of the game where grocks act as hazards.

Like Smashville in Brawl?

At the very least it'd be neat to have a character in Smash with tower-defense style gimmicks to their moves. Plus unless my memory's failing me, I don't think we've ever gotten a desert-themed stage in Smash (unless you count the above-ground section of Mushroomy Kingdom which was bleh), so something wild west themed to play around in would be ace.

Feh, I don't really count Mushroomy Kingdom since it don't really give a feeling of wild west. I would love to see that stage happening.

For Contest, I decided to do it on 45 days, so it should give everyone plenty of times to coming up with their rosters to win. Deadline is more likely to be few days before E3 date to avoid the leaks if Nintendo Ninjas are slacking off.

AzureJericho, Don't highlight it.
2 MONTHS TO GO! HYYYYYPE!!!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Only two months (or something like that) left!

Yeah! Contest /OT/ will create on April 27th.

Well, I'm supposed to host SSB4 Roster contest where people have to predict the most accurate roster to win a reward last year but people suggested that we should wait it out after E3. It ended that they never reveal anything. However we know for sure that we are getting SSB4 this e3, so it would make sense if I will host it soon like a month before E3.

I'm thinking about 20 dollars of E-Shop Card, or something like that.

rough draft rules

You can make any decision with any amount of characters but be careful with that because you will lose a point each extra or missing numbers of roster.

If your predicted characters didn't make in roster then you will lose points each wrong characters.

In case if we got tied, you can predict up to 10 new stages for tie breaker, and up to 5 new items for tie-tie breaker.

Dead line is June 9 11:59 (for now, to avoid any leak) Also if you are going to edit your post after June 9, then you're automatically disqualified.

After SSB4 announced, I'm more likely to make second thread for people to discussing with their predictions and etc, so we can avoid spammed up in prediction thread.

I'm sorry for terrible english since I'm tired.

I want to run over the rules and I want people to point out any flaws or anything. Please let me know.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You should give an extremely minor reward to the person with the least points, just to shake things up.

What about this, whoever got lowest one will have to wear avatar of my choice for SSB4 Release date. :p

Wait so we just guess?

You have to predict most accurately roster before they announce first batch of roster, then we will follow close until they reveal all secret characters. Whoever came very close will win the reward.

Edited: I know some people might go black out so we wouldn't reveal the winner UNTIL release of SSB4.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
sounds kinda hard

Basically, it should be If you want to get free 20 dollars. You better pull your foil hat out and try to think like Sakurai. :p

Edited: If I remembered correctly, but some people assumed that sweet spot for roster numbers would be 45 to 48, and 52. So who know who would be right.

Plus I will be post my prediction but I can say this, that there is no way that I will win this one. I really hope that Sakurai actually add those characters in SSB4.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Bring it to new page

Only two months (or something like that) left!

Yeah! Contest /OT/ will create on April 27th.

Well, I'm supposed to host SSB4 Roster contest where people have to predict the most accurate roster to win a reward last year but people suggested that we should wait it out after E3. It ended that they never reveal anything. However we know for sure that we are getting SSB4 this e3, so it would make sense if I will host it soon like a month before E3.

I'm thinking about 20 dollars of E-Shop Card, or something like that.

rough draft rules

You can make any decision with any amount of characters but be careful with that because you will lose a point each extra or missing numbers of roster.

If your predicted characters didn't make in roster then you will lose points each wrong characters.

In case if we got tied, you can predict up to 10 new stages for tie breaker, and up to 5 new items for tie-tie breaker.

Dead line is June 9 11:59 (for now, to avoid any leak) Also if you are going to edit your post after June 9, then you're automatically disqualified.

After SSB4 announced, I'm more likely to make second thread for people to discussing with their predictions and etc, so we can avoid spammed up in prediction thread.

I'm sorry for terrible english since I'm tired.

I want to run over the rules and I want people to point out any flaws or anything. Please let me know.

this contest sounds like fun. the choices, choices, choices for that future roster.

Excellent! I hope that contest would be one of good way to starting up Smash Hype Train for E3.

Thores

The rules seem good to me.

How about assist trophies instead of stages?

Guessing Assist Trophies would definitely be more fun than items... but ATs returning might not be a sure thing. I think it's likely they'll come back, but it'd be kind of awkward if we get a tie, look to the tiebreaker predictions, and then it turns out that Assist Trophies don't exist in SSB4.

DaBoss

Guessing Assist Trophies would definitely be more fun than items... but ATs returning might not be a sure thing. I think it's likely they'll come back, but it'd be kind of awkward if we get a tie, look to the tiebreaker predictions, and then it turns out that Assist Trophies don't exist in SSB4.

Oh yea, completely forgot it could be removed lol. Maybe Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom