• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I really hope that it would be the title of Dojo to bring out the bittersweet salty tears flavor out of this.

Dojo U: ♥♪!?

Edited: I really hope that first trailer announce Mega Man so we can go with this cheesy line.

Dojo U: Nintendo Love Mega Man more than Capcom

DaBoss

Here is a hope that SSB 3DS would be awesome RPG game ever. :p

smhz7z5j.gif

Mascot fighting game or bust.

I've always wanted Smash Bros's single player to be an "RPG-fighter" of sorts.

(I definitely expect Uprising's RPG elements to rub off on Smash 4 in some capacity.)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
smhz7z5j.gif

Mascot fighting game or bust.

That would be Wii U for.

I think so, I don't mind that, but IntelliHealth said "awesome RPG ever" not fighting game. Do. Not. Want.

Since when I have L in Heath? When they announced SSB3DS being RPG, so please remember that I called for it.

well wasn't it said that the 3DS version would have some rpg elements to it in addition to being a mascot fighting game.

I've always wanted Smash Bros's single player to be an "RPG-fighter" of sorts.

(I definitely expect Uprising's RPG elements to rub off on Smash 4 in some capacity.)

Exactly, they might have tales team working on 3DS version and make it rpgish.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
But I want both to be mascot fighting games. I don't mind if they add RPG elements.

Whoops, sorry, I misread your username. My bad.

It's just a fun jab that I want to throw at you. :p That's fine. Many people melt their minds when they found out that my user name never had Health in it. Hence my tag.

DaBoss

It's just a fun jab that I want to throw at you. :p That's fine. Many people melt their minds when they found out that my user name never had Health in it. Hence my tag.

Funny thing was, I first had it as Heath, but I added an l because I checked and thought I saw an 'l' lol.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I actually had an idea the other day that the 3DS could be have some sort of action card-based game-play to differentiate it.

Like, and this sounds kind of clunky on paper but so did Kid Icarus' control scheme, but like controlling the character with the control stick and using the touch-screen to select and activate various cards. Like you'd have cards that'd pull off attacks, ones that summon characters, etc. The goal would still be to knock the opponent off, but it'd have a more strategic element to it like with Jump Super Stars sort of.

Instead of having a large amount of characters, it'd be the main character of each series, with the supporting characters being summons and such.

And then they could pull off a cool AR Card Tie-In.

Gattuso

i just want to go in, battle, and see the match results. i also still want the variety of playable characters. does strategic elements really fit well with ssb?

I actually had an idea the other day that the 3DS could be have some sort of action card-based game-play to differentiate it.

Like, and this sounds kind of clunky on paper but so did Kid Icarus' control scheme, but like controlling the character with the control stick and using the touch-screen to select and activate various cards. Like you'd have cards that'd pull off attacks, ones that summon characters, etc. The goal would still be to knock the opponent off, but it'd have a more strategic element to it like with Jump Super Stars sort of.

Instead of having a large amount of characters, it'd be the main character of each series, with the supporting characters being summons and such.

And then they could pull off a cool AR Card Tie-In.

And then watch NoA do nothing with it. I'm still peeved that they refused to put the KI:U AR cards on shop.

Still waiting to bite on a 3DS, so good thing that library is building for when my body is ready. My breaking point is with the next Smash, but hopefully they'll have some irresistible sale/bundle before that.

Since when I have L in Heath?

I have been misreading your name the entire time in several threads lmfao

GG. And DaBoss, that is still one mighty fine ? you got there B]

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have revealed what the letters mean to some people in real life. So if you come to a BritGAF meetup you too can find out.

It's from the days I was leader of the meanest gang in London. I had a rep for beautiful gals and a big willy so I was dubbed the Glorious B.G.B.W (in tribute to the Notorious B.I.G)

DaBoss

GG. And DaBoss, that is still one mighty fine ? you got there B]

Haha, thank you.

I have revealed what the letters mean to some people in real life. So if you come to a BritGAF meetup you too can find out.

It's from the days I was leader of the meanest gang in London. I had a rep for beautiful gals and a big willy so I was dubbed the Glorious B.G.B.W (in tribute to the Notorious B.I.G)

O__O

789shadow

Banned

I don't believe this.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Hahaha Awesome

Funny thing was, I first had it as Heath, but I added an l because I checked and thought I saw an 'l' lol.

Haha, eyes can be tricky. :p

:0 whaaaat.

Yeah, I know. LOL

rofl, it still happens

Indeed, it still does. I have seen it happened in other threads.

Ryce

Probably nothing, since the roster was most likely decided a while ago (and even if it wasn't, I doubt Sakurai would care about an American Facebook poll).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just realized that the "no new IPs fuck you Nintendo" attitude is pretty much the reason why we have recognizable Smash characters unlike PSA's mess of a roster.

Ryce

I just realized that the "no new IPs fuck you Nintendo" attitude is pretty much the reason why we have recognizable Smash characters unlike PSA's mess of a roster.
Nintendo's also been making games for 15 years longer than Sony. If you cut all the pre-1995 characters out of Brawl you're left with a pretty weak roster.

DaBoss

So according to NoA's official Facebook popularity poll of Fire Emblem characters,
Lucina
is almost three times more popular than Chrom. What do you guys think this means about the next game's potential FE rep? (Apologies if this is old news.)

Lucina should get a Marth skin or something.

Nintendo's also been making games for 15 years longer than Sony. If you cut all the pre-1995 characters out of Brawl you're left with a pretty weak roster.

And why would you cut them out? This point makes no sense.

Jesus christ. The moment anything comes up, its time to link it to Smash Bros.
New Yoshi's Island announced -- Baby Mario confirmed!?!?

So according to NoA's official Facebook popularity poll of Fire Emblem characters,
Lucina
is almost three times more popular than Chrom. What do you guys think this means about the next game's potential FE rep? (Apologies if this is old news.)
Depends on how much importance they place on popularity with fans of the series. There's a couple things going against her but if they just want to include the most popular character from the game, it could happen (She's probably the top character in Japan as well).

GamerSoul

Lucina

I would love to see her in too. Damn you, Fire Emblem with all your damn characters!! ...except Tharja ofcourse. It's impressive to see just how popoular she is compared to Chrom.

hehe nice. and clever too.

i've never heard of startropics before it kinda looks like a mix of zelda1&2. mike also seems to have quite a yo-yo on him.

Yeah, the games do look interesting, I never played them myself. I think he would be a likable character.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I don't imagine any of the games getting announced right now will have a major effect on Smash.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Anything announced during development will likely only to be represented by a trophy (as they just lazily imported models with Brawl) or music (which they'll just lazily import as well).

Trophies are ok if they are limited to one. Brawl really took it too far with multiple trophies imported from the same source. I'd rather they not just import tracks just to beef up the tracklist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom