• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gattuso

i want a miverse stage to play similar to poke floats except your battling on the community's infinite stream of drawings and comments

"IT'S NOT OVAR YET!"

And X's infamous: "IT'S TIME TO GET SEWIOUS!"

If Mega Man makes it into the game and doesn't shout "FOR EVERLASTING PEACE!" before his Final Smash, I'll be very disappointed.

That said, I'd rather Megaman.exe make it in over the original Blue Bomber. Poor guy's series has never been acknowledged outside of some card cameos in UMvC3's Heroes vs. Heralds mode.

qq more

Wasn't this Inafune and Ono's idea? I think there was some exchange that ended up with Ryu being in Mega Man Universe and Bad Box Art Mega Man in SFxT.

or was that just a theory

If Mega Man makes it into the game and doesn't shout "FOR EVERLASTING PEACE!" before his Final Smash, I'll be very disappointed.

That said, I'd rather Megaman.exe make it in over the original Blue Bomber. Poor guy's series has never been acknowledged outside of some card cameos in UMvC3's Heroes vs. Heralds mode.
I'm all for Megaman.exe as well, but I like X and especially Classic as well. I'd also be fine with having Legends in the next Smash.

Gattuso

im placing my vote for x although i wouldn't care what version of megaman gets in as long as he gets a kirby like copy ability in the game.

qq more

I vote for Classic. I don't feel that X is a suiting representative of the franchise. I have nothing against him though.

(I actually won't mind as long as we get a Mega Man)

This came up in a conversation the other day: How fucking awesome would it be if Sakurai, Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie were all playable characters?

Would anyone be opposed to that? (No, probably not.)

Possibilities like this are why I hope to god that if Mii is a playable character, it comes with the ability to record custom sound effects for its taunts and moves.

I know a lot of people don't like that idea because they feel it would cause another Mario Tennis Open situation and lead to everyone playing as their Miis rather than the actual characters (not that a possible Smash 4 voice feature would carry over to online, anyway), but think about it guys. Don't you wanna play as a Hank Hill Mii that yells "BWAH" every time he falls off the stage? Or a Stu Mii that taunts about having to make chocolate pudding at four o'clock in the morning?

qq more

This came up in a conversation the other day: How fucking awesome would it be if Sakurai, Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie were all playable characters?

Would anyone be opposed to that? (No, probably not.)

That would be the best thing to ever happen in the history of Nintendo.

MAKE IT SO

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't think everyone only playing as Miis would be quite the same problem since it would have unique attributes rather than say Kart or Tennis where it's similar to the other character.

Didn't know you could record your own lines in Tennis. Kart just gives you a sound pack based on your weight and height.

Didn't know you could record your own lines in Tennis. Kart just gives you a sound pack based on your weight and height.

Oh, you can't do that in Tennis. I just made that comparison because the Miis had an extremely unique feature that was usable only by them. (aka the costumes and hats and stuff that enhanced stats.)

Possibilities like this are why I hope to god that if Mii is a playable character, it comes with the ability to record custom sound effects for its taunts and moves.

I know a lot of people don't like that idea because they feel it would cause another Mario Tennis Open situation and lead to everyone playing as their Miis rather than the actual characters (not that a possible Smash 4 voice feature would carry over to online, anyway), but think about it guys. Don't you wanna play as a Hank Hill Mii that yells "BWAH" every time he falls off the stage? Or a Stu Mii that taunts about having to make chocolate pudding at four o'clock in the morning?

Fuck no.

DaBoss

Imagine if they brought Megaman to SSB4...but it was bad boxart Megaman...

Seriously though, will they keep Megaman 2D or would it be a 3D model for SSB4? Which looks better with a 3D model?
Also, when it says what the last game it was on, what game will it say? XOver? looooooool

Also, a big NO to Miis.

qq more

Imagine if they brought Megaman to SSB4...but it was bad boxart Megaman...

Seriously though, will they keep Megaman 2D or would it be a 3D model for SSB4? Which looks better with a 3D model?
Also, when it says what the last game it was on, what game will it say? XOver? looooooool

Also, a big NO to Miis.

XOver can't get mentioned because it's not a Nintendo system game!

They'd probably list Mega Man 1 NES and maybe one of the WiiWare games. ...That is if they use Classic Mega Man

And yes to Miis. YES

DaBoss

XOver can't get mentioned because it's not a Nintendo system game!

They'd probably list Mega Man 1 NES and maybe one of the WiiWare games. ...That is if they use Classic Mega Man

And yes to Miis. YES

Didn't they mention Metal Gear Solid 4? What about Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom