• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
...it is?
The fish that jumps up to eat you is from Balloon Fight, not Ice Climber.
Aaf2wtK.jpg

stage16_071031f-l.jpg

Joqu

Oooooh. Well I've never played much of either, they haven't exactly aged well. I should have noticed the fish thing tho.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, when it lands in the water it's landing in Balloon Trip (both travel from right to left over a body of water and the fish as mentioned). Would have been cool to see some balloons in the background and maybe even the Balloon Fighter. But of course it was just a nifty cameo rather than a full blown crossover. Still probably the best way to add extra representation mind.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, adding non-F-Zero racers would be fine too. It's more like cameos than something disruptive and clashing.

Joqu

I'd like to see a more creative Pikmin stage. I feel like it had much more potential, you know, with some other giant creatures and Pikmin carrying items around or something.

Fire Emblem could use some better stages too.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'd like to see a more creative Pikmin stage. I feel like it had much more potential, you know, with some other giant creatures and Pikmin carrying items around or something.

Fire Emblem could use some better stages too.

I'm not really fan of Pikmin's stage in Brawl since I felt that it was lack of creative.

Javier

I stand by my word that Castle Nox from Radiant Dawn would make a great Fire Emblem stage.

For those who don't remember, it's the location where Chapter 3-13 takes place.

Chrom

I'm not familiar with all of the locations in Fire Emblem Awakening, but supposing that there'd be a stage based on the game, I think it'd be cool if there was a stage based on Ylisstol Castle, much like Brawl's Castle Siege. I thought that stage was really cool with how it was essentially three different stages that transitioned from one to the other. But then again, maybe Smash 4's Fire Emblem stage won't be anything like that at all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Since Namco is on board I hope they suggest stage options of the stage select screen much like in Soul Calibur 2 i.e some stages allowed you to flip through different sizes. So for that Fire Emblem stage you could choose the default three stage transition or choose to fight on one specific fixed level.

DaBoss

It's why I asked if people would mind characters not having a stage since some ideas feel forced.

I guess I wouldn't mind, but a Pikmin stage could have been a lot more interesting.

Have a bunch of objects on the ground that are ship parts and the Pikmin will come in numbers and carry them. You see in the background the ship being restored and stuff. When it is eventually restored, it should fly off and then something should happen on the stage with Bulborbs coming in or something.

Other things the stage could have:
- Have the stage go from morning to night
- Let there be seasons or something regarding the weather
- Make the Bulborbs attack-able
- Have Onions in the background, and maybe occasionally land on stage and go back to the background if attacked enough

This is all I can think of so far.

I stand by my word that Castle Nox from Radiant Dawn would make a great Fire Emblem stage.

For those who don't remember, it's the location where Chapter 3-13 takes place.

As in the chapter with the amazing AI archer who brawls with Laguz to surprising success? he'd make for an overpowered stage hazard.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It's why I asked if people would mind characters not having a stage since some ideas feel forced.

Hmm, I'm not sure about that. I always have a feeling that almost all games would have great stages but it's really up to to creators to get idea or not.

As in the chapter with the amazing AI archer who brawls with Laguz to surprising success? he'd make for an overpowered stage hazard.

What's up with your avatar. Other avatar bet?

What's up with your avatar. Other avatar bet?
Team Cena Heel turn were given an expected dose of reality by Team Cena stays face like always, I fought the law of WWE and the law won, Beef got avatar modifying honours since I had to goad him into the bet myself.
Oh well at least I get Donkey Kane out of it.

I'll miss that winking owl.

It will be back in no time I hope. Lol

2 weeks, Gaf will pop huge for its return, I can feel it.

I swear you have like multiple avatar bets going at the same time right now, but if that one avatar right now was for riding with me down into the depths of (expected) disappointment then it should be a two week deal.
And then you'll probably lose another bet the next day!

Joqu

Off topic, but was Disaster Day of Crisis any good? Reviews don't seem to be too raving, but it was made by Monolith Soft, right?

SmithnCo

I see a Mother 2 stage as being the most likely to occur for the Mother series due to the Mother 2 Resurrection Festival.

They could have a stage based on the Mother 2 Miiverse, which gets invaded by westerners. At the end, a static picture of Reggie laughing is shown. :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Off topic, but was Disaster Day of Crisis any good? Reviews don't seem to be too raving, but it was made by Monolith Soft, right?
It's basically American disaster B movie the game from a Japanese point of view. Textures are a bit iffy and there's a lot of taking advantage of motion controls for the hell of it, but it's great fun. You can still get it for cheap since it's not a big name game.

Hahaha.

That makes me wonder if they will have a Miiverse stage like they did with Pictochat.
Swapnote, Flipnote, Miiverse and 3DS notes (does anyone use this) crossover stage. Drawings over drawings over drawings!

SmithnCo

Hahaha.

That makes me wonder if they will have a Miiverse stage like they did with Pictochat.

That's what I was thinking, a Miiverse stage would definitely work well as the successor to Pictochat. Maybe they could throw in some Swapnote too somehow.

Joqu

A Miiverse stage would be nice. It would be pretty cool if they would show the Smash Bros community's comments in real time in the background or something like that.

It's basically American disaster B movie the game from a Japanese point of view. Textures are a bit iffy and there's a lot of taking advantage of motion controls for the hell of it, but it's great fun. You can still get it for cheap since it's not a big name game.

Yeah I can pick it up for almost nothing here. I guess I should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom