• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all very subject to change once we (hopefully) get the first trailer at E3 and have a better idea where the game's heading content-wise, but here's my first guess before I edit it more before the deadline anyhow. Feel free to debate or point out any mistakes.

Characters (50 reps, 54 including transformations)
Mario Series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
SOMEBODY I DON’T KNOW GOD (Think they'll introduce another Mario rep to make up for the series going from five to four reps in Brawl, but it's really hard to guess who; Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario aren't very intereseting additions IMO, while E.Gadd/King Boo/Rosalina/RPG reps are too obscure or unlikely)

DK Series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong & Dixie Kong (Could easily see Sakurai appeasing some people who want Dixie by resurrecting the scrapped tag-team idea he had in mind for the two in Brawl)
K. Rool

Yoshi Series
Yoshi

Wario Series
Wario

Legend of Zelda Series
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Tingle Series
Tingle (He'd probably represent his own spin-off series, but either way he's the perfect troll adition and the last of the Zelda characters who keeps reincarnating every major new Zelda game)

Metroid Series
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kid Icarus Series
Pit
Palutena

'Retro' One-offs
Ice Cimbers
ROB
Mr. Game & Watch

Punch-Out!! Series
Little Mac

Kirby Series
Kirby
King Dedede
Metaknight

Pikmin Series
Captain Olimar

F-Zero Series
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh (Takmaru’s the vastly more likely samurai but hey I prefer more F-Zero shit way more)

Star Fox Series
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Fire Emblem Series
Marth
Ike
Chrom tag-team'd with someone (Haven't played further than the demo due to classes but even then it's pretty obvious this is the easiest way to differentiate him from the other two Lords without having to cut anyone and a nice way to represent Awakening's main feature)

Mother/Earthbound Series
Ness
Lucas

Pokemon Series
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo (Feel he was cut from Brawl due to time; him and Lucario are barely alike so the latter doesn't feel like he was intended to be a replacement)
Lucario
X/Y Rep (No clue whatsoever about Pokemon but seems like the first major 3D game is worth getting a rep in SSB4)

Xenoblade/X Series
Shulk

3rd Party Series
Snake
Sonic
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Bayonetta (Could see her as a surprise addition who isn't *that* relevant to Nintendo but could bring some popularity ala Snake in Brawl)
Travis Touchdown (Similar to the above but still has quite a bit of Wii-relevance and Suda has said numerous times he'd love for the character to be in Smash and is friends with Sakurai)

Assist Trophies
E. Gadd (Uses his vacuum to suck up opponents)
Rambi the Rhino (First ridable assist trophy? Either way his charge and horns deal massive damage)
Groosenator (Skyward Sword, Groose spawns a bunch of tracks surrounding the stage and starts lobbing bombs sporadically)
Anthony (Metroid: Other M, basically another 'run around and shoot' assist and a way to rep one of the more controversial games that have come out since Brawl)
Viridi (Kid Icarus Uprising, spawns a massive reset bomb fighters have to scram and try to find shelter from before it hits)
Slippy Toad (Acts fucking annoying and inevitably loses control of his arwing and crashes into whoever spawned him; basically the first 'dud' AT)
Roy (Fire Emblem, way of having a popular character physically show-up in the game whom I personally don't see returning as a playable rep)
Doc Louis (Punch-Out!, cheers on from the sidelines, tries to give advice to the player about their opponents' weakspots and gives you some chocolate which heals you)
Lip the Fairy (Panel de Pon, spawns a ton of Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack blocks that rain down from the sky)
Mach Rider (Drives around and shoots people from his motorbike)

Pokeballs
Fucked if I know :V

Stages
Starship Mario (Basically a tour of the different planetoids of the SMG series)
Bowser’s Castle (Long overdue)
Minecart Madness (DKCR-themed scrolling stage)
Skyloft (Pretty self-explanatory!)
Dr. Wily’s castle (Mega Man series)
Kirby’s Epic Yarn related level
City Escape (Sonic Adventure 2, assuming they don't repeat a Generations version of GHZ they might want to rep the first major Sonic game to show up on a Nintendo console)
Punch-Out! Boxing ring

Items
Flashlight (Luigi’s Mansion 2, charge up to stun characters similar to Deku Nuts for a longer amount of time)
DK Barrels (DKC series, team battle only and revives an eliminated partner)
Fire rod (Link to the Past, similar to fire flower but shoots fireballs in more of a projectile-manner)
Return of those balloon fight things that were in Melee but got cut in Brawl
Blue Shell (Homes in on whoever’s winning a match regardless of who activates it and deals about as much damage as a bob-omb does, hence fighters in first place have to try and prevent others from reaching it without accidentally activating it themselves)

Okay, so in regards to the roster IntelliHeath, do you count transformations? Sakurai does so I want to be sure.

I'll submit my choice later. Also, shouldn't we have a rule stating that things like "Victini/Zoroark" shouldn't be allowed?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Okay, so in regards to the roster IntelliHeath, do you count transformations? Sakurai does so I want to be sure.

I'll submit my choice later. Also, shouldn't we have a rule stating that things like "Victini/Zoroark" shouldn't be allowed?

I knew that I forget something. I would like to count transformation as well since Sakurai actually counted them. It would suck for many people if there is other "Pokemon Trainer" style got announced for SSB4.

I will definitely add latter to the rule tonight when I can.

Thores

Astrosanity's roster actually brings up a good point. Are we allowed to have placeholder roster slots for stuff we can't possibly guess specifically because they won't be announced before the deadline, like "Pokemon XY Rep" or "Miyamoto's New IP"?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Astrosanity's roster actually brings up a good point. Are we allowed to have placeholder roster slots for stuff we can't possibly guess specifically because they won't be announced before the deadline, like "Pokemon XY Rep" or "Miyamoto's New IP"?

Good Point. Give me couples of hours or so to figuring out what I should do with that rule.

I can't speak for the production, but it's more likely that roster are already decided awhile ago so I wouldn't be surprised that they might cheat their way out with Newtwo.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Before some meanies point it out you may want to correct "an 20" to "a 20".

Also rule one could be a little clearer:
1. You are allowed to make any kind of decision with amount of the characters, however you will lose a point with each extra slots and missing slots. For example, final roster had 44 characters, one of many predicted rosters only have 40 characters then you will lose 4 points. If you have 36 characters roster, you will still lose 4 points as well.

I think the final number should be 40 and the two examples of losing entries should be 36 and 44. At the moment it reads that both a 40 character and 36 character roster will lose 4 points.

That and the sentence "one of many predicted rosters only have 40 characters then you will lose 4 points." sounds slightly like if someone over predicts then you will lost 4 point regardless of whether it was your entry.

I guess something like:
"There is no fixed limit to the amount of fighters you can suggest, however you will lose points for the difference between your roster count and the final roster count. So if the final roster comprises of 40 characters and someone guessed 44 character they will lose 4 points. The same would apply to someone who was under, so guessing 36 fighters will also lose you 4 points."

I know this sounds picky, but some GAFfers like to make fun of mistakes.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Before some meanies point it out you may want to correct "an 20" to "a 20".

Also rule one could be a little clearer:

I think the final number should be 40 and the two examples of losing entries should be 36 and 44. At the moment it reads that both a 40 character and 36 character roster will lose 4 points.

That and the sentence "one of many predicted rosters only have 40 characters then you will lose 4 points." sounds slightly like if someone over predicts then you will lost 4 point regardless of whether it was your entry.

I guess something like:
"There is no fixed limit to the amount of fighters you can suggest, however you will lose points for the difference between your roster count and the final roster count. So if the final roster comprises of 40 characters and someone guessed 44 character they will lose 4 points. The same would apply to someone who was under, so guessing 36 fighters will also lose you 4 points."

I know this sounds picky, but some GAFfers like to make fun of mistakes.

Yeah, I don't know how the numbers got swapped but it was my mistakes. Also I think I will use your for rules since it seem to be better than mine.

Pokemon's the only major series featured in Smash I really don't care that much about anymore, so the placeholder slot is there partially out of the assumption X/Y is a bigger deal than getting a 2nd/3rd/5th gen rep in since it's the first 3D game, and partially out of my total lack of knowledge about the newer side of things. I'm under the idea that Lucario became something of a mascot like Pikachu did moreso than any newer gen creatures were, which is why he got in (and not as a quick replacement for Mewtwo).

And yeah, really see Mario getting a new rep which isn't a part of Yoshi/Wario/DK, but it's still way too hard to guess at this point who it'd be. Maybe Toad thanks to the NSMB games, but unless he was played off like a Pichu-like gag character he'd be really a really anti-climatic addition for what can be a fairly diverse franchise of characters to choose from.

Village

Pokemon's the only major series featured in Smash I really don't care that much about anymore, so the placeholder slot is there partially out of the assumption X/Y is a bigger deal than getting a 2nd/3rd/5th gen rep in since it's the first 3D game, and partially out of my total lack of knowledge about the newer side of things. I'm under the idea that Lucario became something of a mascot like Pikachu did moreso than any newer gen creatures were, which is why he got in (and not as a quick replacement for Mewtwo).

And yeah, really see Mario getting a new rep which isn't a part of Yoshi/Wario/DK, but it's still way too hard to guess at this point who it'd be. Maybe Toad thanks to the NSMB games, but unless he was played off like a Pichu-like gag character he'd be really a really anti-climatic addition for what can be a fairly diverse franchise of characters to choose from.

More than you know, he even took the gen 5 mascot slot away from the new guy. LuLu might be making a comback, since mewnew could just function for mewtwo. And since I am assuming each brand will have more slots there there could be another rep from gen 5.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Hopefully for last time. lol

Hopefully final draft of Contest. I really need feedbacks, criticisms, and etc. I want to make sure that people can't cheat. Also I want to make sure that my rules are clear enough.

Hello everyone,

I would like to invite everyone to join this contest: Super Smash Bros 4 Roster Prediction Contest. Players can try to win an 20 dollars eShop Card.

The rules should be simple enough for the contest and please follow the rules. If you don't then you're automatically disqualified from the contest.

Requirements in your post will be:
Type character roster IN WORDS, not a image
10 Assist Trophies
10 Pokeballs
8 Stages
5 Items

Rules:

1. There is no fixed limit to the amount of fighters you can suggest, however you will lose points for the difference between your roster count and the final roster count. So if the final roster comprises of 40 characters and someone guessed 44 character they will lose 4 points. The same would apply to someone who was under, so guessing 36 fighters will also lose you 4 points.

2. Please do not put character/character in the prediction roster. For example, if someone decides to put Victini/Zoroark then this person will be disqualified for the contest. Choose one of the two characters or put both if you feel like they will be in the roster. Transformation characters are expectations.

3. Transformation characters (Zelda/Sheik) and Party character(Pokemon Trainer) will be equal as 2 to 5 points. If you got them right then you are rewarded as equal points of how many characters it included. Otherwise,it is same thing as losing the points.

4. You will lose a point per character that did not make it into the roster.

5. If you really want to add future characters then you may add the characters but please to be specific with information. Also the games MUST BE mentioned or rumored to coming to Wii U/3DS. Example: "Pokemon XY Rep" or "Miyamoto's New IP"

6. Please post total amount of characters at the bottom or top of the post, so it would make it easier for me to do the scores.

7. IMAGE ROSTER ARE WELCOME BUT if you want to post your image roster, then you are required to type up the roster as well, because people can easily edit the photo by uploading with the same file name. If you are going to post image roster only by deadline then you would be disqualified.

8. If you are going to edit after the deadline, then you are automatically disqualified.

Tiebreaker method:
If we are getting tied in the contest then we have a tiebreaker method ready. You must list new ATs, Pokeballs, stages and items.

10 Assist Trophies
10 Pokeballs
8 Stages
5 Items

Deadline: June 9 11:59

Why so early? I would like to be able to avoid the media leaks or anything that could possibly happens, including early Nintendo Direct.

t1370847300z4.png

Reward:
$20 eShop Points Card
Any VC game on Wii, 3DS or Wii U when gifting becomes available. from SmithnCo

After SSB4 is announced, I will be more likely to make a second thread for people to discuss with their predictions and so on. We can avoid spamming the prediction thread.

[disclaimer: rules are subjected to changes]

Just fixed some of the rules. Also PLEASE CORRECT MY ENGLISH! I can explain everything in ASL very well but translated ASL into English is always weak part on my end.

DaBoss

This is just a correction in grammar:
2. Please do not put character/character in the prediction roster. For example, if someone decides to put Victini/Zoroark then this person will be disqualified for the contest.

I think you can expand upon that rule by adding this, "Choose one of the two characters or put both if you feel like they will be in the roster."

I think you should ask people to put the total amount of characters at the bottom or top of the post so it will be easier for you to see how many characters someone posted.

Also, put a timezone on the deadline.

This will be helpful in giving a visual cue: http://secondapps.com/countdown/

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
This is just a correction in grammar:
2. Please do not put character/character in the prediction roster. For example, if someone decides to put Victini/Zoroark then this person will be disqualified for the contest.

I think you can expand upon that rule by adding this, "Choose one of the two characters or put both if you feel like they will be in the roster."

I think you should ask people to put the total amount of characters at the bottom or top of the post so it will be easier for you to see how many characters someone posted.

Thanks for english corrections, and Good idea.

Also I added new rule and it's number 6.

Edited: I already have countdown ready, but thanks.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
45 more days until supposedly nintendo "conference/direct"

Also I decided to added countdown for visual reason, and please correct me if you spot any mistakes.

Regarding the transformation rule, what characters would need four or five points? Pokémon Trainer would have three in this example due to having three characters.

SmithnCo

Hopefully for last time. lol

Hopefully final draft of Contest. I really need feedbacks, criticisms, and etc. I want to make sure that people can't cheat. Also I want to make sure that my rules are clear enough.

Just fixed some of the rules. Also PLEASE CORRECT MY ENGLISH! I can explain everything in ASL very well but translated ASL into English is always weak part on my end.

Do you accept additions to the prize pool? For the winner I could gift a VC game of their choice. (I think 3DS/WiiU gifting would be possible by the time it's over, if not I could give points)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Regarding the transformation rule, what characters would need four or five points? Pokémon Trainer would have three in this example due to having three characters.

Just in case if Sakurai went out of his way to surprise us.

Do you accept additions to the prize pool? For the winner I could gift a VC game of their choice. (I think 3DS/WiiU gifting would be possible by the time it's over, if not I could give points)

That would be great.

Okay, thanks. Now putting in my prediction:

Prediction2_Roster.png

Characters: 52

Super Mario Bros.
- Mario
- Luigi
- Peach
- Bowser

Yoshi
- Yoshi

Wario
- Wario

Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- King K. Rool
- Dixie Kong

The Legend of Zelda
- Link
- Zelda/Sheik
- Ganondorf
- Toon Link

Metroid
- Samus
- Ridley

Kirby
- Kirby
- Meta-Knight
- King Dedede

Star Fox
- Fox
- Falco
- Wolf

Pokémon
- Pikachu
- Pokémon Trainer
- Mewtwo
- Jigglypuff
- Lucario

F-zero
- Captain Falcon
- Samurai Goroh

Mother
- Ness
- Lucas

Fire Emblem
- Marth
- Ike
- Roy

Kid Icarus
- Pit
- Palutena

Pikmin
- Olimar

Retro
- Ice Climbers
- Mr. Game & Watch
- R.O.B.
- Takamaru
- Mach Rider

Misc. series
- Little Mac
- Shulk
- Isaac

Third-Party
- Snake
- Sonic
- Mega Man

Assist Trophies
- Ray MK III
- Matthew
- Saki Amamiya
- Proto Man
- Gray Fox
- Waluigi
- Glass Joe
- Tingle
- Bandanna Dee
- Duck Hunt Dog

Pokéball
- Zoroark
- Victini
- Genesect
- Meloetta
- Reshiram
- Zekrom
- Snivy
- Deoxys
- Meowth
- Scrafty

Stages
- Bowser Castle (Mario)
- Cookie Country (Kirby)
- Pokémon Stadium 3 (Pokémon)
- Castelia City (Pokémon)
- Red Canyon (F-zero)
- Murasame Castle (Nazo No Murasame Jo)
- Punch-Out Ring (Punch-Out!!!)
- Venus Lighthouse (Golden Sun)
- Guar Plain (Xenoblade)
- Robot Museum (Mega Man)

Item
- Blue Shell
- DK Barrels
- Rambi
- Djinn
- E Tank (I know that Mega Man will never get an item, but I just need to fulfill this obligation of putting in five items with something from me)

ALM5252

My wishlist

Super Mario Series + Yoshi and Wario Subseries
Mario (+ Dr. Mario Alt Costumes)
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Waluigi (Why Not?)

Yoshi
Baby Mario Bros.

Wario
Captain Syrup

Donkey Kong
DK
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Legend Of Zelda
Link
Zelda / Shiek
Ganondorf (Unique Moveset)
Toon Link

Kirby
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Waddle-Dee

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (+ Other Pokemon Trainers with Gen 2-6 Pokemon as DLC)
Lucario
Mewtwo (+ New Mewtwo forme alt costumes)
Pichu

Metroid
Samus / ZSS
Ridley

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Leon or Panther

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow (takes Ganon's past moveset since it's similar to Capt. Falcon)

Mother
Ness
Lucas

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Roy
Lynn (Promoted from Assist Trophy) or Micaiah (To have non sword fighting ability)

Kid Icarus
Pit
Palutena

Other Series
Mr. Game & Watch
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Balloon Fighter (I hope)
Pikmin & Olimar (with new rock and flying Pikmin)
Little Mac
Shulk
Saki
Takamaru

Third Party Characters
Sonic
Snake
Pac-Man (Namco Co-Creating Smash 4)
Megaman (Because Nintendo loves him unlike Capcom)
Bomberman (I wish, but Hudson is dead and Konami owns him now)

DaBoss

People are putting character/character as a way to say it is the same character, but in the rules it says that they will be disqualified for doing that. How would you suggest everyone to put the 2-in-1 or more characters on a list?

Maybe put the other characters in brackets.
Example: Zelda (Sheik); Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard); Samus (Zero Suit Samus)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
People are putting character/character as a way to say it is the same character, but in the rules it says that they will be disqualified for doing that. How would you suggest everyone to put the 2-in-1 or more characters on a list?

Maybe put the other characters in brackets.
Example: Zelda (Sheik); Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard); Samus (Zero Suit Samus)

Time to edit the rule little. Transformation character is expectation.

Last time before making new thread.

Hello everyone,

I would like to invite everyone to join this contest: Super Smash Bros 4 Roster Prediction Contest. Players can try to win an 20 dollars eShop Card.

The rules should be simple enough for the contest and please follow the rules. If you don't then you're automatically disqualified from the contest.

Requirements in your post will be:
Type character roster IN WORDS, not a image
10 Assist Trophies
10 Pokeballs
8 Stages
5 Items

Rules:

1. There is no fixed limit to the amount of fighters you can suggest, however you will lose points for the difference between your roster count and the final roster count. So if the final roster comprises of 40 characters and someone guessed 44 character they will lose 4 points. The same would apply to someone who was under, so guessing 36 fighters will also lose you 4 points.

2. Please do not put character/character in the prediction roster. For example, if someone decides to put Victini/Zoroark then this person will be disqualified for the contest. Choose one of the two characters or put both if you feel like they will be in the roster. Transformation characters are the exception.

3. Transformation characters (Zelda/Sheik) and Party character(Pokemon Trainer) will be equal as 2 to 5 points. If you got them right then you are rewarded as equal points of how many characters it included. Otherwise,it is same thing as losing the points.

If you listed Samus/Zero Suit Samus. If they announced Samus but Zero Suit Samus got cut out of the game. You will get zero point because it cancelled each other out.

If you got Zelda and Sheik then you got two points because they counted as two characters.

For Party character, if you got Pokemon Trainer's pokemons right then that would be 3 points. If you got two out of three wrong then you will only lose a point. -2 + 1 = -1.

4. You will lose a point per character that did not make it into the roster.

5. If you really want to add future characters then you may add the characters but please to be specific with information. Also the games MUST BE mentioned or rumored to coming to Wii U/3DS. Example: "Pokemon XY Rep" or "Miyamoto's New IP"

6. Please post total amount of characters at the bottom or top of the post, so it would make it easier for me to do the scores. Please make sure that your total count would included transformation characters as well.

7. IMAGE ROSTER ARE WELCOME BUT if you want to post your image roster, then you are required to type up the roster as well, because people can easily edit the photo by uploading with the same file name. If you are going to post image roster only by deadline then you would be disqualified.

8. If you are going to edit after the deadline, then you are automatically disqualified.

Tiebreaker method:
If we are getting tied in the contest then we have a tiebreaker method ready. You must list new ATs, Pokeballs, stages and items.

10 Assist Trophies
10 Pokeballs
8 Stages
5 Items

Deadline: June 9 11:59 PST

Why so early? I would like to be able to avoid the media leaks or anything that could possibly happens, including early Nintendo Direct.

t1370847300z4.png

Reward:
$20 eShop Points Card
Any VC game on Wii, 3DS or Wii U when gifting becomes available. from SmithnCo

After SSB4 is announced, I will be more likely to make a second thread for people to discuss with their predictions and so on. We can avoid spamming the prediction thread.

[disclaimer: rules are subjected to changes]

Ryce

Characters (48)
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Bowser
  4. Peach
  5. Yoshi
  6. Wario
  7. Donkey Kong
  8. Diddy Kong
  9. Link
  10. Zelda
  11. Sheik (transformation)
  12. Ganondorf
  13. Toon Link
  14. Pikachu
  15. Pokémon Trainer's Charizard
  16. Pokémon Trainer's Squirtle
  17. Pokémon Trainer's Ivysaur
  18. Mewtwo
  19. [Pokémon X/Y]
  20. Lucario
  21. Jigglypuff
  22. Samus
  23. Zero Suit Samus (transformation)
  24. Ridley
  25. Kirby
  26. Meta Knight
  27. King Dedede
  28. Pit
  29. Palutena
  30. Olimar
  31. Marth
  32. Ike
  33. Chrom
  34. Fox
  35. Falco
  36. Wolf
  37. Captain Falcon
  38. Ness
  39. Lucas
  40. Sheriff
  41. Mr. Game & Watch
  42. R.O.B.
  43. Ice Climbers
  44. Takamaru
  45. Snake
  46. Sonic
  47. Pac-Man
  48. Mega Man

Assist Trophies
  • Rosalina
  • Tiki Tong
  • Ghirahim
  • Eggplant Wizard
  • Shulk
  • Zael
  • Aeron
  • Mach Rider
  • Pac-Man Ghosts
  • Roll

Poké Balls
  • Zoroark
  • Victini
  • Yveltal
  • Xerneas
  • Giratina
  • Darkrai
  • Arceus
  • Shaymin
  • Kyurem
  • Genesect

Stages
  • Comet Observatory
  • Sunset Shore
  • Skyloft
  • Metroid: Other M Ridley's Lair
  • Yarn Yoshi
  • Pokémon X/Y France-inspired region
  • Mega Man Lab
  • Pac-Maze

Items
No idea.

DaBoss

Just a small edit
2. Please do not put character/character in the prediction roster. For example, if someone decides to put Victini/Zoroark then this person will be disqualified for the contest. Choose one of the two characters or put both if you feel like they will be in the roster. Transformation characters are the exception.

Are the transformation characters going to work like this:
Character(s) in transformation got right - Character(s) in transformation got wrong = Points awarded

Also, how are transformation characters going to be indicated?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Just a small edit

Are the transformation characters going to work like this:
Character(s) in transformation got right - Character(s) in transformation got wrong = Points awarded

Also, how are transformation characters going to be indicated?

If you listed Samus/Zero Suit Samus. If they announced Samus but Zero Suit Samus got cut out of the game. You will get zero point because it cancelled each other out.

If you got Zelda and Sheik then you got two points because they counted as two characters.

For Party character, if you got Pokemon Trainer's pokemons right then that would be 3 points. If you got two out of three wrong then you will only lose a point. -2 + 1 = -1.

That's why I think it's very risky.

DaBoss

That's why I think it's very risky.

Yea, that clears it up nicely. I think you should put that example for rule 3.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The character total should include transformations since they are worth points right? Might want to edit that in.

6. Please post total amount of characters at the bottom or top of the post, so it would make it easier for me to do the scores. Please make sure that your total count would included transformation characters as well.

Fixed.

Something tells me Bayonetta is gonna make it in.
Honestly, I just can't see it happening. Sakurai is going to be extremely strict on third-parties and Bayonetta simplly isn't an important enough character to get in. Really, the only ones who have a chance of getting in are Mega Man, Professor Layton, Pac-Man and Geno and I don't see the latter two at all.
I think she would fit right in. Lollipops and all.
I actually don't hate the idea of Bayonetta getting in since she would have interesting move set potentials. But I can't bring myself to believe that Bayonetta would be a good choice.

Honestly, I just can't see it happening. Sakurai is going to be extremely strict on third-parties and Bayonetta simplly isn't an important enough character to get in. Really, the only ones who have a chance of getting in are Mega Man, Professor Layton, Pac-Man and Geno and I don't see the latter two at all.I actually don't hate the idea of Bayonetta getting in since she would have interesting move set potentials. But I can't bring myself to believe that Bayonetta would be a good choice.

I really don't think we have the slightest clue as to how 3rd party characters get in out-side of "their creator asked Sakurai". (That IS the reason he gave for no MM in brawl ... no one from Crapcom called him up and asked him to do it)

And ya know what? I love that. I really only look forward to the Pokemon and 3rd party picks now because at least with the 3rd parties he can do w/e and blind-side everyone with characters like Snake instead of conforming to these steal list people post featuring the same things from brawl days + a new face or 2 (and with Pokemon ... I just love my Pokemonz and it's the only series I like that I'm sure will get decent rep new-comer wise. Regardless of how much I think it would make sense for FE to have 4 spots and Wario at least 1 new comer I can't bring myself to hope for much logic to step in after Brawl.). Also doesn't hurt that the 2 3rd party characters I see posted all the time are no-longer important to their comps (Capcom wants the world to forget about MM so I don't see them asking Sakurai for jack. And Namco has been very open with what their fans want and what their employees want to be in Smash ... and none of that involves Pac-man)

He may have to conform to that logic for Reg Characters but 3rd party picks seems like a more personal "playground" where he can really shock people and have fun (as seen with Snake).

Snakey

I am having a difficult time seeing Chrom get in Smash 4. Nearly time he is brought up its "bland" or "boring". Also, even despite him being from the most recent game, he is much less wanted than Roy.

I think Sakurai will pass on explicitly giving FE13 a playable character. There are plenty of other ways to represent a game.

I am thinking that we will get Marth, Roy, and Ike, and that we will get Anna as a possible darkhorse.

I think that Awakening will get a rep, because it's the most popular Fire Emblem game since Sacred Stones and I'm fairly sure that Sakurai knows it. Chrom/Lucina's a no-brainer for the new SwordLord rep, and if Anna makes it in instead then it will certainly be her Awakening design.

I also believe that Chrom has more personality than any prior Lord in the series because of Awakening's great writing and localization. I mean, look at some of these. They're wonderful. By comparison, Ike, Roy, Marth, Epharim, Eirika and the rest look like corrugated pieces of cardboard.

I'm late to the Awakening Smash discussion due to the later PAL release but I assume we've already gone over the idea that the Awakening rep could come as a pair, putting Chrom and Lucina together can help cover up both of their blandy blandness.

Snakey

I also believe that Chrom has more personality than any prior Lord in the series because of Awakening's great writing and localization.

That's funny. Because most people who played FE13 complained about how bland Chrom was.

Also, I doubt the double-team mechanic would work. Both characters would have to be very weak individually due to how long their disjointed hit boxes would have to be, and I could see a lot of whining if Chrom/Lucina were made to be wimpy by themselves.

That's funny. Because most people who played FE13 complained about how bland Chrom was.

That's funny, because most people I know think Chrom is great. Both of us have nothing more than circumstancial evidence, so let's not get into a battle of heresay.

Also, honest question: did you play Awakening all the way through? If Chrom is bland, then I don't know what that makes Ike and Roy.

Snakey

Also, honest question: did you play Awakening all the way through? If Chrom is bland, then I don't know what that makes Ike and Roy.

Ike is an amazing character in FE9. Easily the best developed lord in the series (the only other two I would also say are very well written are Eliwood and Hector). I can't say for Roy because his game was never localized.

However, in terms of Smash Bros., there is A LOT of cynicism about Chrom, and most people don't want him to replace Ike, and don't the idea of him getting in.

As I said before, most FE and Smash Bros. fans would be happy with:
Marth
Roy
Ike
Anna

Tyeforce

I'm still piecing together my roster, but I'm definitely excited to participate! I love Super Smash Bros. roster predictions.

On a related note, I had mentioned earlier in this thread that my StreetPass group was going to be having polls for the most wanted Super Smash Bros. newcomer broken down by franchise. Well, we started, and we're now four weeks and four polls into our SPAZ Smash Polls! These polls are open to anyone on Facebook, not just our StreetPass group, so here they are if anyone here would like to vote:

Click on a thumbnail to vote in that poll, or view and vote in all polls here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/streetpass-arizona/streetpass-arizona-smash-polls/488861604514584

We'll have a new SPAZ Smash Poll every week until E3, but I won't spam up this thread by posting the new poll every week (unless you guys want me to, lol), so if you want to keep up to date with the latest SPAZ Smash Polls, just bookmark the link above; a new poll will be posted there every Sunday. There's no need to "like" our Page or anything.

I know this is "just another Smash Bros. newcomer poll," and there are many of them out there, but I haven't seen too many (if any) in this kind of format. Plus it's always fun following these types of polls. :) Some of the results from these polls may even influence my roster prediction.

PK Gaming

That's funny, because most people I know think Chrom is great. Both of us have nothing more than circumstancial evidence, so let's not get into a battle of heresay.

I actually think Chrom's blandness is his strength, since he's the only "normal" character in a cast full of oddballs. That said, he's sardonic in the DLC scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom