• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

If that roster's even half right, then I'll buy a hundred copies and mail them out to underprivelaged children all over the world because I will have found the secret to happiness.

tumblr_inline_mm6s6zTv2h1qz4rgp.gif

Oh right. Doh me.

Yup

I tried to give each gaming series a "villain" and MM happened to be my favorite.

images

Plus I just have a fetish for characters that use Lightning & Swords.

I would just like him to be Cluas, he just doesn't have to have the helmet on.

Dude.

Spoil dat shizz.

I still think that Duster and Kumatora would've made better reps. Kuma would've added a much-needed female character and her PK could have been more offensive-based than Lucas or Ness', and Duster would've been awesome period. His Final Smash could be dashing around bashing people with a large stick while incredibly sad music plays in the background.
:'(

Scaled my roster back a bit and sadly replaced Samurai Goroh with Takamaru in light of the recent news:
ZT5D16y.png

Geno is just a random guess out of any number potential 5th Mario reps before anybody bitches

Rayis

Pokemon Trainer and Lucario can get the fuck out of the game for all I care, If Sakurai even dares touch Jigglypuff and she's out of Smash, that will be the day I'll stop supporting Nintendo and I won't buy the game or even a Wii U. Jigglypuff's THAT important to me (she's been in all 3 games for god's sakes), I trust in Sakurai's judgment more than the wishes of a few deluded fans.

SmithnCo

Pokemon Trainer and Lucario can get the fuck out of the game for all I care, If Sakurai even dares touch Jigglypuff and she's out of Smash, that will be the day I'll stop supporting Nintendo and I won't buy the game or even a Wii U. Jigglypuff's THAT important to me (she's been in all 3 games for god's sakes), I trust in Sakurai's judgment more than the wishes of a few deluded fans.

Aw yeah. Jiggly 4 life.

Village

Huh?

Mega Man is a video game character after all...

Oh, let me explain.

What I find Humorous is that Megaman has always been heavily anime influenced.

Its a similar to if i said

" EW those comic book characters"
But I had a Max Payne avatar.

I found it ironic.

Uh... seriously?

The helmet is what makes him unique from Lucas. Take that away, and you might as well just have him be a pallet-swap.

Oh wait, he already IS in Lucas' alternate colors.

Umm He has different hair, different attacks and has a different out fit.

Do you have issues telling Dante and Virgil apart aswell.

PK Gaming

Dude.

Spoil dat shizz.

I still think that Duster and Kumatora would've made better reps. Kuma would've added a much-needed female character and her PK could have been more offensive-based than Lucas or Ness', and Duster would've been awesome period. His Final Smash could be dashing around bashing people with a large stick while incredibly sad music plays in the background.
:'(

Sakurai shouldn't have even included Lucas if he was going to make him use 60% of Kumatora's moveset :/
Duster is arguably my favorite Mother 3 character, so his inclusion would be awesome. He's got a ton of tools!

Gattuso

I don't see her getting the boot since she's a regular. where is this coming from?

Some people believe Jiggly almost didn't make it into Brawl because of her lack of Subspace role. (Only three characters didn't have one, and the other two (Wolf and Toon Link) were obviously late additions.)

Rayis

Aw yeah. Jiggly 4 life.
woohoo *high fives*

Uh... seriously?

yeah, srsly, Jigglypuff has a very important sentimental value to me so I'd be legitimately angry if she got the boot, especially because people want her replaced for Pokemon characters that while popular, do not have the iconic status in the series she does.

I don't see her getting the boot since she's a regular. where is this coming from?
Mainly from 1 or 2 pages back, but it's also directed at some very vocal smash fans who have been wanting her out of the series since the first game. If Sakurai wanted her out, he would have done it in Brawl, she passed the test so I'd reckon she's here to stay.

Some people believe Jiggly almost didn't make it into Brawl because of her lack of Subspace role. (Only three characters didn't have one, and the other two (Wolf and Toon Link) were obviously late additions.)

I don't remember where I heard this because it was years ago but apparently people argued that she wasn't a part of the subspace emissary because the ability to break her shield and send her flying would have made it possible for her to pass some stages instantly (the ones that scroll upwards), and apparently they tested this and she was able to do it, I don't know if this true or not but it could be a reason (albeit a bad one)

Now I feel bad cuz I only come to this thread to complain about Jigglyhaters, sorry, I'm really not that mean to them and I'm a huge fan of Smash and I lurk this thread often.

kzt4Uz3.png

Ignoring the others in this image (I couldn't find a standalone pic of Claus and Lucas, thanks Google), Claus and Lucas look exactly the same and are essentially palette swaps...unless you want to play the semantics game and claim that they're still different because their hair swoops in a different direction. And even then...you just reverse the image. They also share a number of attacks. Putting Masked Man in instead of Claus at least makes more sense.

I know it's hard to grasp since you're only what, 12? You'll get it soon, though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
yeah, srsly, Jigglypuff has a very important sentimental value to me so I'd be legitimately angry if she got the boot, especially because people want her replaced for Pokemon characters that while popular, do not have the iconic status in the series she does.

I am against Jigg's removal, but are you seriously saying Lucario "I'm officially whored next to Pikachu" isn't iconic as Jiggs?

Village

kzt4Uz3.png

Ignoring the others in this image (I couldn't find a standalone pic of Claus and Lucas, thanks Google), Claus and Lucas look exactly the same and are essentially palette swaps...unless you want to play the semantics game and claim that they're still different because their hair swoops in a different direction. And even then...you just reverse the image. They also share a number of attacks. Putting Masked Man in instead of Claus at least makes more sense.

I know it's hard to grasp since you're only what, 12? You'll get it soon, though.

And then you ignore the fact that that I mentioned they have different clothing, more specifically claus wearing the masked man outfit, which is some context you seemed have ignored. They also would have different attacks, and most likely different voices.
OR again is this hard for you.

Devil+May+Cry+3%3DDante's+Awakening+(4)+(Dante+and+Vergil).jpg
\

Just because they have similar hair doesn't mean everything is going to be similar.

A "12" year old could make a distinction between two people with similar hair. Especially when They have all the differences I talked about.

GamerSoul

Ah, I never noticed this. They probably couldn't find a use for her. She is kinda bland at this point, imo.

Scaled my roster back a bit and sadly replaced Samurai Goroh with Takamaru in light of the recent news:
ZT5D16y.png

Geno is just a random guess out of any number potential 5th Mario reps before anybody bitches

Pretty good roster. Overall I think most people here are coming up with solid rosters with a few surprises sprinkled in.

Megaman and Bayo are probably the 3rd party additions I'd add too. I'm also in favor or Impa taking the place of Sheik if they are going to go with SS's art style.

Emitan

And then you ignore the fact that that I mentioned they have different clothing, more specifically claus wearing the masked man outfit, which is some context you seemed have ignored. They also would have different attacks, and most likely different voices.

Devil+May+Cry+3%3DDante's+Awakening+(4)+(Dante+and+Vergil).jpg
\

Just because they have similar hair doesn't mean everything is going to be similar.

A "12" year old could make a distinction between two people with similar hair. Especially when They have all the differences I talked about.

It's like you completely missed the fact that they're palate swaps and compared them to characters who look totally different from each other.

Village

It's like you completely missed the fact that they're palate swaps and compared them to characters who look totally different from each other.

As are dante and virgil.

Virgil and Dante are the same model.

BUt have different clothing, different hair styles, different voices, and different attacks.

Same with Claus and Lucas.

Lucas in his normal outfit

Claus in his masked man outfit with a helmet.

I am sorry, do I need to break this down further?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2SIUyrgdfH0/TDNo2n64aVI/AAAAAAAAAHc/wcLZvaEDkm8/s1600/Devil+May+Cry+3%3DDante's+Awakening+(4)+(Dante+and+Vergil).jpg[/IG]\

A "12" year old could make a distinction between two people with similar hair. Especially when They have all the differences I talked about.[/QUOTE]

It's a shame that we can't change font sizes on GAF, because I would make my text bigger since you apparently have a hard time with reading comprehension.

First off, your ridiculous DMC comparison is flawed because Dante and Vergil have two distinct looks, as well as having different moves. They also LOOK NOTHING ALIKE. Of course nobody is going to have trouble telling them apart. Meanwhile, Claus and Lucas share the same damn sprite, but with a different color set. Even [B]Ness[/B] shares the same moves as Lucas in both Brawl AND Earthbound. Adding in Claus by himself instead of a character like Masked Man would be dumb. The average person hasn't even played Mother 3, so if you put in Claus, they're gonna think "why is there a Lucas clone?"

Put in Masked Man, give him mainly sword attacks and sprinkle in a PSI attack or two (and give him PK Thunder/Love as a nod to his identity), and you've got someone instantly more memorable than Claus would ever be.
[quote="Village, post: 57226512"]As are dante and virgil.

BUt have different clothing, different hair styles, different voices, and different attacks.

I am sorry, do I need to break this down further?[/QUOTE]

...do you not know what a palette swap is? Because Dante/Vergil are NOT.

Emitan

As are dante and virgil.

BUt have different clothing, different hair styles,
different voices, and different attacks.

So they don't have the same model?

Village

It's a shame that we can't change font sizes on GAF, because I would make my text bigger since you apparently have a hard time with reading comprehension.

First off, your ridiculous DMC comparison is flawed because Dante and Vergil have two distinct looks, as well as having different moves. They also LOOK NOTHING ALIKE. Of course nobody is going to have trouble telling them apart. Meanwhile, Claus and Lucas share the same damn sprite, but with a different color set. Even Ness shares the same moves as Lucas in both Brawl AND Earthbound. Adding in Claus by himself instead of a character like Masked Man would be dumb. The average person hasn't even played Mother 3, so if you put in Claus, they're gonna think "why is there a Lucas clone?"

Put in Masked Man, give him mainly sword attacks and sprinkle in a PSI attack or two (and give him PK Thunder/Love as a nod to his identity), and you've got someone instantly more memorable than Claus would ever be.

...do you not know what a palette swap is? Because Dante/Vergil are NOT.

So you are content on ignoring everything I said. This is what you are doing.

I even broke down.

I even explained that Claus and Lucas werent even going to wear the same clothing.

But you ignored all that.

I am done. Goodbye.

In the comparison I am making. Yes they do.
Virgil's has the exact same amount of hair that dante does, It is just slicked back.

Along with that, the point I was making and you two seem to have ignored. Because clarification seems to be a thing we avoid.

Claus and Lucas in my version of mash 4 were going different clothing.

The comparison comes in because dante and virgil , also have different clothing.

But the model for their body is the same. The non clothing parts are the same.

That was the point I was trying to make, Claus could have his masked man clothes on but be unmasked.

But you all ignored that.

Now I am done.

Ditto for Smash. Each move is a different transformation, so Left B transforms to Hitmonlee, then Left B again to change back. Right B to change to Mr. Mime, then Right B to change back. etc etc

Ditto does no actual fighting, he just stands there looking so. damn. adorable.

images

Emitan

Ditto for Smash. Each move is a different transformation, so Left B transforms to Hitmonlee, then Left B again to change back. Right B to change to Mr. Mime, then Right B to change back. etc etc

Ditto does no actual fighting, he just stands there looking so. damn. adorable.

images

Ditto was going to be a Pokeball Pokemon in SSBM but was removed. It's still in the player's guide.

Village

So he doesn't know what a model is?

I knew it, I knew you were going to ignore all of it.

I cannot .....i dont....

The point was that lucas and claus were going to wear different clothes. Claus was going to wear his masked man out fit.

That was it.

excuse me how did we get here.

qq more

I cannot .....i dont....

The point was that lucas and claus were going to wear different clothes. Claus was going to wear his masked man out fit.

That was it.

...you seriously don't understand what anyone is trying to say to you, do you?

EDIT: oh he's done? :lol

EDIT2: oh no wait :lol :lol

I cannot .....i dont....

That was it.

Actually:
And then:
The helmet is what makes him unique from Lucas. Take that away, and you might as well just have him be a pallet-swap.

Oh wait, he already IS in Lucas' alternate colors.
So...you forgot your original stance...and decided to take mine. My mind is actually full of fuck.

Village

Actually:

And then:

So...you forgot your original stance...and decided to take mine. My mind is actually full of fuck.

That the same argument.

Did you not read what quoted.

The first thing you quoted said that claus should not wear the helmet.

Later I said that they would look different because their clothes are different, justifying helmetless-ness.

Thats what I have been saying the whole time.

I thought you said you were done?
That the same argument.

Did you not read what quoted.

The first thing you quoted said that claus should not wear the helmet.

The second thing quoted said that they would look different because their clothes are different, justifying helmetless-ness.

Thats what I have been saying the whole time.
No, you said that Lucas and Claus look different enough from each other. You then used a terrible comparison to Dante/Vergil to try and drive your point home.

My stance this entire time was that Lucas and Claus are palette swaps which would make Claus' inclusion pointless, which is why I backed the idea of Masked Man instead.

Village

I thought you said you were done?

No, you said that Lucas and Claus look different enough from each other. You then used a terrible comparison to Dante/Vergil to try and drive your point home.

My stance this entire time was that Lucas and Claus are palette swaps which would make Claus' inclusion pointless, which is why I backed the idea of Masked Man instead.

As are dante and virgil.

Wat.

Edit:Was going to find the end game sprites. Looking for the unmasked man, found weird claus art, nope.

sephi22

Lucas and Claus can be like Ryu and Akuma, man.

Or Morrigan and Lilith.
Or Scorpion and Sub-Zero.
Or Dante and Vergil.
Or Long and Shenlong.
Or Aguman and BlackAgumon.

Like same models and shit man.

How did I get here? Who the fuck is Claus?

guys dante and vergil are clones. They both use the same sword and have the same moves.

O look a spinning sword move, check.
Helm breaker? Check.
devil trigger? Check
Air Dash? Check
big giant sword hitboxes? check

stop saying that they aren't clones/swaps. You are just deceiving yourselfs. I mean they are TWINS for crying out loud.

Village

Yes, that is when you decided to take my stance. next time you want to argue a position, make it as clear as possible and don't litter it with pointless DMC comparisons.

Post when I supposedly switched sides.

As are dante and virgil.

My first argument agaist you.

hmm I seem to be still arguing that they look different enough with different attacks , clothes and hair to be different.

So I ask again. WAt?

Village said:
As are dante and virgil.

To be fair, I think Village was originally saying he wanted cyborg-Claus without the helmet. I don't think that would make sense because you only see that version of Claus helmetless for about twenty seconds, but it wouldn't make sense for Village to say that Lucas and Claus would have different abilities if he meant the prologue version of Claus.

MAtgS

220px-CaptainN.jpg

I know I'm in the most extreme minority possible, but this dude's been my most wanted newcomer since forever. His show was SSB before there was SSB, he earned his due. Plus I know for a fact that Nintendo actually owns the character not DiC.

He could definitely be this game's surprise character like G&W or ROB (let's face it, what other possibilities are there anymore for that spot?) & have a more up to date arsenal like the Wii zapper or pro controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom