• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gattuso

interesting toast discussion. anyway the next game should have a more un-realistic roster like this:

iZS5uenuPCi5G.PNG

Village

Lucario. He was cool but doesn't have the lasting appeal of the other Pokemon for me.

I would be PO'd if Olimar got cut, Pikmin deserves a rep. I doubt it will ever happen though, especially with Pikmin 3 coming out.

Dude is popular as... alot.

If i want anyone cut... Jiggly
just go....

KevinCow

Banned
Eh, keep that tag style out of the game or add the feature to one of new modes because I fear that would change what the Smash supposedly to be.

I think Assist Trophies are fine as it is since my friends and I had to fight over assist trophies because we don't want to let each other to claim it. Only because we fear that they would get very good assists.

Melee changed the Smash 64 formula with things like charged smashes, side B move, and up and down throws.

Brawl changed what Melee was with grabbing ledges backwards, a different air dodge, and rather different physics.

When talking assists, I'm not talking MvC nonsense or something. I'm talking what is effectively a second special move button

Melee changed the Smash 64 formula with things like charged smashes, side B move, and up and down throws.

Brawl changed what Melee was with grabbing ledges backwards, a different air dodge, and rather different physics.

When talking assists, I'm not talking MvC nonsense or something. I'm talking what is effectively a second special move button

Make it like Dissidia where you have a bar that you can fill to use assists. Just don't make the assists easy to abuse, like in Dissidia.

Tyeforce

Dude is popular as... alot.

If i want anyone cut... Jiggly
just go....
Yeah. If you wanna talk about which Pokémon in Smash Bros. has the least lasting appeal...the winner is Jigglypuff. Cut her before anyone else. It shouldn't matter that she's been there since the beginning.

fisheyes

Why not just not cut any character with an original moveset, and unless there's a really good reason to, not cut any character with a clone moveset, either? The more the merrier in Smash Bros. Jam pack it full.

I wouldn't cry if one of the Starfox dudes was cut. Theres way too many for that series. But even still, I don't see the point of cutting anyone if you can help it

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Alright, NeoGAF seem to moved little fast today, so many people seem to missed this thread easily.

Shameless advertising :p

SSB4 Prediction Contest

Also I just updated OP and I posted again in thread to make sure that people are aware of their prediction are not being completed or so.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=56970146&postcount=385

Also I would be okay with people bring some kind of roster discussion into thread to keep the thread bump for awhile so we can get more people involved, unless it's your strategies to keep count low for high chance to win. :p

For New Page.

Characters that might have chance to be on the chopping block are Lucas, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Falco/Wolf, Lucario, etc. I fear that that fans would be super paranoid for this sequel, more than brawl.

Village

For New Page.

Characters that might have chance to be on the chopping block are Lucas, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Falco/Wolf, Lucario, etc. I fear that that fans would be super paranoid for this sequel, more than brawl.

You are kidding right.

why would they just take out falco, and take out wolf( the reason he got in is because he was popular)

why would they take out Lucas, especially since there is chance if all goes well with earthbound that his game might be getting an English translation. Also HAL and Gamefreak!

And Lucario is... well popular, and most likely there are going to be more slots for each franchise, that said why would they take him out, new mew can rep gen 6. I know mario is getting another slot, Pokemon on and the legend of zelda are getting one too.

And rightfully so. Damn all you Lucario haters. :p

haters20gonna20hatef0ufi.gif

I first searched "haters gonna hate lucario" on Google images...I wish I hadn't...NSFW stuff

Ah, I have learned the hard way ( browsing 4 chan) that lucario had become some type of sex symbol among the... more artistic parts of the pokemon/furry community

KevinCow

Banned
An item that has to happen:

Treasure Chest from Kid Icarus Uprising.

Works kinda like crate. You smack it, it opens up and an item or two pop out.

But there's a chance it could be a Mimicutie.

As long as it thrashes the poor sap with Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku and Lightning Legs.

DaBoss

Well now I know what I'm going to put in my items list.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You are kidding right.

why would they just take out falco, and take out wolf( the reason he got in is because he was popular)

why would they take out Lucas, especially since there is chance if all goes well with earthbound that his game might be getting an English translation. Also HAL and Gamefreak!

And Lucario is... well popular, and most likely there are going to be more slots for each franchise, that said why would they take him out, new mew can rep gen 6. I know mario is getting another slot, Pokemon on and the legend of zelda are getting one too.

I'm speaking for most of people in communities that I have been following. I know that there are few characters that have chance to getting cut but will they?

Kjellson

interesting toast discussion. anyway the next game should have a more un-realistic roster like this:

iZS5uenuPCi5G.PNG
What's the deal with some people wanting anime characters in SSB? Do they think just because anime and video games are related to Japan they deserve to be in?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm speaking for most of people in communities that I have been following. I know that there are few characters that have chance to getting cut but will they?

Smash communities tend to fail on the games being represented though. I mean, these people think Zoroark is still relevant!

Village

SmashGAF sorta counts as a Smash community. A typical Smash community has people who only played a few of the franchises represented so they have no understanding of the others.

Its true about every cross over fighting game.

" where are gambit and psyloc in mahvel 3"
" because they haven't been relevant since the 90's and no one cares, Marvel made things after those cartoons inthe 90's"

PK Gaming

And rightfully so. Damn all you Lucario haters. :p

haters20gonna20hatef0ufi.gif

I first searched "haters gonna hate lucario" on Google images...I wish I hadn't...NSFW stuff

I've pretty much accepted the fact that Zoroark is probably not going to be a playable in the next smash game.

Boss Doggie

With that said, Sakurai is weird with choices, so who knows. However, what I am saying is that Lucario may or may not make it in or something, it's not because of popularity or relevance because he sure isn't unpopular or irrelevant.

Boss Doggie

I don't think Lucario will get cut, but he's absolutely the weakest link in terms of current Pokemon reps.

Pokemon reps are more about staying power than relevance really, and if you're gonna argue about relevance, Lucario is very relevant.

I don't even want to reference the anime because that was ultimate trolling involving Flareon

I don't think Lucario will get cut, but he's absolutely the weakest link in terms of current Pokemon reps.

?

He's the only Pokémon character who's considered to be in the Top 10 best characters in the game. He's a good deal more popular than Jigglypuff is right now as well.

Plus, the game would be drab if only Gen I Pokémon could get it. If possible, I'd like to see reps for Gen III, V and VI in the next game. Take out whoever who need; just get some more variety in there.

Village

?

He's the only Pokémon character who's considered to be in the Top 10 best characters in the game. He's a good deal more popular than Jigglypuff is right now as well.

Plus, the game would be drab if only Gen I Pokémon could get it. If possible, I'd like to see reps for Gen III, V and VI in the next game. Take out whoever who need; just get some more variety in there.

Gen 3 pokemon trainer.

Do it

?

I'm just saying, if any one Pokemon character were to be cut, Lucario is the most likely. Maybe Jigglypuff before Lucario, but I doubt it. And Pikachu/Pokemon Trainer aren't going anywhere.

Divorce yourself from your own subjectivity and I can't see how this isn't the conclusion anyone could come to.

Village

I would like to see more pokemon bosses, more bosses in genera.

Some more legendaries.

I want an Eggman boss.

I want an OG Donkey Kong boss ( cranky kong)

I also want Claus from mother 3 as a character.

Lucas's dogg assist trophy.

I want a gym level.

Boss Doggie

You guys do know that Pokemon is a big enough franchise to warrant more representative much like Mario right?

I still don't get why Rayquaza is a boss. It's a benign legendary.

Boss Doggie

Oh yeah, lake-quaza.

What the hell is up with that? Then again if it's "kid playing with toys" angle, the kid must be stupid.

I'm just saying, if any one Pokemon character were to be cut, Lucario is the most likely. Maybe Jigglypuff before Lucario, but I doubt it. And Pikachu/Pokemon Trainer aren't going anywhere.

Divorce yourself from your own subjectivity and I can't see how this isn't the conclusion anyone could come to.

I think Pokemon Trainer is expendable.

Damn right, nothing better than fighting Pokemon Lucifer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom