• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

Swt7n9z.jpg

Village

To be fair, I think Village was originally saying he wanted cyborg-Claus without the helmet. I don't think that would make sense because you only see that version of Claus helmetless for about twenty seconds, but it wouldn't make sense for Village to say that Lucas and Claus would have different abilities if he meant the prologue version of Claus.

Lucas and Ness share other peoples moves, so I am sure they can mix it up.

And no on the captain N thing. That show was a thing that happened, and it should stay that way.

PK Gaming

To be fair, I think Village was originally saying he wanted cyborg-Claus without the helmet. I don't think that would make sense because you only see that version of Claus helmetless for about twenty seconds, but it wouldn't make sense for Village to say that Lucas and Claus would have different abilities if he meant the prologue version of Claus.

Village is probably referring to this claus:

Claus_battle_sprite.png

But with the lightning sword / beam gun and PSI powers. I wouldn't mind either iteration, but it's more likely that he'd playable with his mask.

Oh, let me explain.

What I find Humorous is that Megaman has always been heavily anime influenced.

Its a similar to if i said

" EW those comic book characters"
But I had a Max Payne avatar.

I found it ironic.
Fair enough. I assumed that was a possible reason, but still had a hard time figuring out given Mega Man's video game origin roots.

I've been feeling increasingly impatient for Smash news over the last month, they should never have announced its existence as early as they did, i'm so damn ready to be devoured by Smash related hype.

And then I remember the games going to take its sweet time to actually release...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I've been feeling increasingly impatient for Smash news over the last month, they should never have announced its existence as early as they did, i'm so damn ready to be devoured by Smash related hype.

And then I remember the games going to take its sweet time to actually release...

I felt same thing with you. I wish that they didn't announce SSB4 almost two years ago which made it harder because my patience fainted away over two years, so it will be so sweet to see the trailer or hear anything about it. However, waiting for the actual game is different story. I remember waiting for Brawl was little difficult because of two delays, Dojo and etc.

DaBoss

I wanna be part of Japan Time with this Smash Bros. The Dojo was my drug back then, though I wasn't a member on NeoGAF at the time.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I wanna be part of Japan Time with this Smash Bros. The Dojo was my drug back then, though I wasn't a member on NeoGAF at the time.

Do you know what is sad thing is that I just realized that your avatar had phoenix wright hairs. SMH

Same here. I was long time lurker for Neogaf until they finally approved my account right after Brawl released. It's one of reason why I shotgunned for Smash 4 /OT/.

Do you know what is sad thing is that I just realized that your avatar had phoenix wright hairs. SMH

Same here. I was long time lurker for Neogaf until they finally approved my account right after Brawl released. It's one of reason why I shotgunned for Smash 4 /OT/.

You should outfit your avatar to look like Gant ;)

And yeah; Dojo was awesome. I remember one of my friends at the time freaking out and calling me at 4 in the morning because Lucario had just been announced and he was so excited :)

DaBoss

Well I just recently put Phoenix's hair there (I think 2 hours ago or something).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You should outfit your avatar to look like Gant ;)

And yeah; Dojo was awesome. I remember one of my friends at the time freaking out and calling me at 4 in the morning because Lucario had just been announced and he was so excited :)

Dojo was awesome, and it screwed up my body schedule for bed time. I hope that it wouldn't happens this time. Knowing myself, it might. :(

I used to sporting Gant avatar for supporting PW being in UMVC3 or right after the leak of UMVC3 characters through image names.

Gant_Smirking_1.gif

Well I just recently put Phoenix's hair there (I think 2 hours ago or something).

I'm relieved.
Gant_Laughing_1.gif

I just realized that my account became 5 years old like a month and half ago.

Azure J

OK, curiosity's got me, but I didn't want to derail the roster game thread so, why Tharja? Is she important in FE: Awakening? (I feel bad saying this, but I still don't have FE yet.)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
OK, curiosity's got me, but I didn't want to derail the roster game thread so, why Tharja? Is she important in FE: Awakening? (I feel bad saying this, but I still don't have FE yet.)

Tharja is a part of character discussion so you could ask it there. Why change your username anyway. I like Azure Jericho but It was awkward to see ericho being missing.

SkyOdin

I haven't finished the game (I'm still on mission 13, I think), but Tharja isn't an important character. She is just another recruitable character. She is apparently just a popular one, like Edy was in Valkyria Chronicles.

Fey

Banned

Yeah, Tharja's just really popular. You don't even have to recruit her in the game.

Azure J

Tharja is a part of character discussion so you could ask it there. Why change your username anyway. I like Azure Jericho but It was awkward to see ericho being missing.

Yeah, Tharja's just really popular. You don't even have to recruit her in the game.

I haven't finished the game (I'm still on mission 13, I think), but Tharja isn't an important character. She is just another recruitable character. She is apparently just a popular one, like Edy was in Valkyria Chronicles.

Gotcha. I mean I'm all down for some magic types but I just wanted to know if the popularity was for more than just being a cool face in the game.

Re: Heath

The name was old and the Jericho part of it wasn't even relevant to me anymore. Kept Azure J because it sounded nice and worked well with my first two real name initials.

So I started predicting a roster but I had such dislike towards it for being so horribly plain and safe that I can go no further.

Re: Heath

The name was old and the Jericho part of it wasn't even relevant to me anymore. Kept Azure J because it sounded nice and worked well with my first two real name initials.

eppGl.gif

poor Chris Jericho...
I have no idea what the relevance actually was

SmithnCo

Tharja also basically wants to have sexy time with your avatar constantly.

Tharja seems like FE overkill but they could easily do a Palutena color swap, and maybe Tharja AT. She's just not that important beyond fanservice.

GamerSoul

Time flies when ur stressing about other stuffs. Lol

She's very popular, strange, and hawt. Even the devs love her. Sully is cooler tho imo. I'm gonna get that game sooooon. I need it.

GamerSoul

I thought their smaller e3 showing simply meant the reveal would be through one of their directs? I'm sure we'll see somethinhg. Nintendo is not in a position to mess with potential customers, imo. But that never stopped them I guesssss

I thought it was kinda "broken" with their E3 plans being changed.

I don't think plans were "changed." We just never really knew what Nintendo's plans were.

Either way, the Nintendo Direct confirming Smash's E3 appearance was only a few months ago. They surely already knew what their plans would be by then.

MAtgS

I don't think we'd get an American only character.

It aired in other countries. Plus Diddy could be called a british character.

And no on the captain N thing. That show was a thing that happened, and it should stay that way.

Bah, so negative. Yeah the show itself wasn't so great but that doesn't automatically mean anything new done with it would also be bad by default. Admittedly the very concept of Captain N is a dated one that doesn't exactly work anymore today (superhero mascot to sell a product), but SSB is pretty much the go-to place for out of work Nintendo mascots so I think he fits in.

It aired in other countries. Plus Diddy could be called a british character.

But not Japan. I posted the first part of the pilot on Nico a long time ago and the general reaction was "WTF is this?" XD. For us in the West it's practically what "Adam West Batman" is to Batman/Comic book fans, And I think there's just something about Nintendo refusing to acknowledge the existence of it's Western/licensed material.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to see it happen. Playing Uprising, I think a lot of what could have been in regards to KI and Captain N. It's one of the reasons I'd love to see Nintendo vs Capcom, because Capcom is known for putting left field choices in their crossover games, and they're pretty good at listening to Western fans when it comes to fighters.

On a bit of a random, but still related tangent, someone's just come really close to expanding Brawl's roster

For those who don't get it, you can load tons of fan made (and really awesome) textures/costumes for characters. It's even gotten so advanced as importing entirely new models over characters. Each character has a certain number of slots (most have around 5) used for textures/costumes you can use. There are even full character hacks that revamp the moveset and everything (things like Roy over Marth, Shadow over Sonic, and Mewtwo over Lucario). The downside has been that these characters overwrite the character completely, so if you want to have both (whether for selection's sake or you want to pit the two against each other) you're out of luck.

Currently there's a code that lets you switch between two folders on your SD card with a controller hotkey. What the above screen shows is a further developed version that actually places both folders on your SD card on the character select screen SIMULTANEOUSLY! I'm actually really stoked about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom