• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's that modded Wolf look like?

Not a big Wolf player myself, I'd check here to get a quick idea of what's out there (these are portraits for the Character Select screen of different textures)

Also, with the hope of more slots being available, I'd love to try this one out

amOlxyW.jpg

Yep, this goes over Wolf.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Not a big Wolf player myself, I'd check here to get a quick idea of what's out there (these are portraits for the Character Select screen of different textures)

Also, with the hope of more slots being available, I'd love to try this one out

amOlxyW.jpg

Yep, this goes over Wolf.

wat @ those mods

Rayis

speaking of Brawl mods, I downloaded Project M's newest version and I love it, so many good characters, I like how you can use the Pokemon Trainer's pokemon separately without having to switch (they're all given new down b moves), Squirtle in particular is really good and fun to play as, I hope Smash 4 has similar fast-paced game play .

Anth0ny

"due to mr. sakurai's injury, we are unable to show you new smash brothers images at this time.

please wait just a little while longer."

2TSTdFx.gif

that's quite a few people that can take wolf's slot

Yep, it can be really hard to choose what textures you want when you have such few slots available ESPECIALLY with the mods that have to take up all the slots. It's why this development really is extraordinary and I'm hoping it pans out.

BTW if people were curious. Here's the link to SJS's other portraits in his Dropbox. Again, much easier to get an idea of what's out there for most characters (he's sadly lacking portraits for a few characters) than going through the Brawlvault which is cluttered and prone to crashes.

I know we were talking about costumes and damn, I would be disappointed if Sakurai doesn't implement *something*.

Darryl

Banned
220px-CaptainN.jpg

I know I'm in the most extreme minority possible, but this dude's been my most wanted newcomer since forever. His show was SSB before there was SSB, he earned his due. Plus I know for a fact that Nintendo actually owns the character not DiC.

He could definitely be this game's surprise character like G&W or ROB (let's face it, what other possibilities are there anymore for that spot?) & have a more up to date arsenal like the Wii zapper or pro controller.

i gotta say Captain N has dated long enough now that he's actually pretty cool lookin'. they should do something with him

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Alright, NeoGAF seem to moved little fast today, so many people seem to missed this thread easily.

Shameless advertising :p

SSB4 Prediction Contest

Also I just updated OP and I posted again in thread to make sure that people are aware of their prediction are not being completed or so.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=56970146&postcount=385

Also I would be okay with people bring some kind of roster discussion into thread to keep the thread bump for awhile so we can get more people involved, unless it's your strategies to keep count low for high chance to win. :p

For New Page.

Village

I don't think there is one, the models in smash , well most of them anyway, do not have seperate models for body and clothing. SO to mod wolf shirtless , someone would have to create his arms shoulder and chest from scratch, or i guess mold his clothing into that. There are short-cut methods though samus and snake wear skin tight clothes so people just simply smooth some areas and color over the model. ( there is a literal naked snake model with dong out there somewhere by the way)

Peach and zelda's models are seperate from their clothes, so .. yes there are many nude mods.

And even if someone did figure out how to do the shirtless wolf thing, It might make the game crash. Its possible, people have created crazy models, its just that no one has wanted to make a shirtless wolf yet. Apparently the world isn't ready for that yet.

if its any consolation, sonic and shadow are technically naked. And both playable in my version of brawl.

Gattuso

And yet none of the mod has shirtless Wolf
you sound pretty determined to see something like that pop up.
No one plays as Donkey Kong and I like shadow.

No one plays as DK.
whenever i play brawl, friends or family no one touches dk unless he gets chosen when they go random. just about every character gets chosen but him.
i should go and try out these mods latter today the only thing I've done with brawl is mess around with codes.

Village

you sound pretty determined to see something like that pop up.

whenever i play brawl, friends or family no one touches dk unless he gets chosen when they go random. just about every character gets chosen but him.
i should go and try out these mods latter today the only thing I've done with brawl is mess around with codes.

No one has any issue with him either, they just do not play as him.

Psst, the shadow hack is bitchin. I also have a Sora, roxas and Zidane model over pit.

Gattuso

Damn right I am. Sakurai already showed his chest hair, he should go all out!
i don't see a mod like that entirely not possible but someone having the know-how to do something like that while wanting that is very unlikely. also that was a quick avatar change.
edit: oh right is there any sites i should be specifically be getting these mods from?

i don't see a mod like that entirely not possible but someone having the know-how to do something like that while wanting that is very unlikely. also that was a quick avatar change.
edit: oh right is there any sites i should be specifically be getting these mods from?

What I did for characters I wanted to fill up with textures, I looked at SJS's portraits I linked to above and then tried to find them on Brawl Vault. The accompanying blog is good at highlighting new releases from different groups. Also sorting textures there by most downloads also helps. If the vault "crashes" on you just keeping hitting Back on your browser and then Forward until it works. Smash Stack also has a bunch of great textures under Released Content.

If you don't mind waiting until later tonight when I get off work, I've spent a lot of time overhauling my sd card with textures and portraits (the latter is easy but very time consuming), and I have a pretty robust collection (including the stage expansion pack with a bunch of Melee and 64 stages)I can put in a RAR file and then you can cherry pick and swap out the few you don't like.

Village

What I did for characters I wanted to fill up with textures, I looked at SJS's portraits I linked to above and then tried to find them on Brawl Vault. The accompanying blog is good at highlighting new releases from different groups. Also sorting textures there by most downloads also helps. If the vault "crashes" on you just keeping hitting Back on your browser and then Forward until it works. Smash Stack also has a bunch of great textures under Released Content.

If you don't mind waiting until later tonight when I get off work, I've spent a lot of time overhauling my sd card with textures and portraits (the latter is easy but very time consuming), and I have a pretty robust collection (including the stage expansion pack with a bunch of Melee and 64 stages)I can put in a RAR file and then you can cherry pick and swap out the few you don't like.

Hmm Can I get on that, I am looking for a specific wario one, that I cannot find, yet the CSP is on the legendary smash team blog.

Hmm Can I get on that, I am looking for a specific wario one, that I cannot find, yet the CSP is on the legendary smash team blog.

Which one? I know there was one Wario texture that caught my eye (I think it's called "Beary", has blue clothes and Brown hair facial) and I eventually found it on Stack Smash. There's a lot there that isn't in the Vault. But there's also a lot on the vault that has broken dl links thanks to trolls and creators leaving the scene and not maintaining the links.

Village

Which one? I know there was one Wario texture that caught my eye (I think it's called "Beary", has blue clothes and Brown hair facial) and I eventually found it on Stack Smash. There's a lot there that isn't in the Vault. But there's also a lot on the vault that has broken dl links thanks to trolls and creators leaving the scene and not maintaining the links.

Its a Skeleton biker outfit.

I keep seeing the csp on the LST website but I cannot find it.

Village

I have two sets of anthropomorphic neon colored animals I need to worry about before MLP. If another sonic and pokemans character gets in , then a pony.

Man you people are weird, DK's one of the few veterans who got a better deal than most others in Brawl.

Also playing more Project M, suddenly finding myself playing a ton of Ganondorf, who I barely ever touched beforehand, even in Melee when he was still remotely viable. Still want him to get an original moveset in SSB4 but goddam his stranglehold move they gave him in Brawl is fun to dick around with in Project M.

Village

Man you people are weird, DK's one of the few veterans who got a better deal than most others in Brawl.

Also playing more Project M, suddenly finding myself playing a ton of Ganondorf, who I barely ever touched beforehand, even in Melee when he was still remotely viable. Still want him to get an original moveset in SSB4 but goddam his stranglehold move they gave him in Brawl is fun to dick around with in Project M.

Its nothing wrong with him. No one plays as him.

I will play gannon always, I like gannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom