• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gattuso

ill never see what you guys see in that stuff
something like this is more cute than that
ibhxVI3eruUMRB.jpg
okay thats enough derailing for me

Gattuso

that looks like my reaction to the thought of ponies.
I'm just kidding i have no opinion one way or the other, i just don't see the appeal of them.

Well, I said I'd do it and here it is. For corrupted and anyone else interested: My Brawl texture pack! Just have to extract to the root of the SD card of your choice and you're ready to go! Careful it's about 600MB though!

http://www.mediafire.com/?8iriet68rbkkln2

Some notes:

-The Ocarina cheat file contains a modified file patch code, custom css with independent Sheik, Pokemon, and ZSS. Also has libertyernie's Classic Stage Expansion pack (albeit not quite up-to-date)

-Normally the File Patch code reads your textures and other mods from the /private/wii/app/RSBE folder. The modified file patch code in this set, grabs it from /private/wii/app/RSB4.

-If you have a Wiimote set up, you can change folders in-game by holding A and - for about 2 seconds. HOWEVER! I have not fully setup the second folder!
There's remnants of another texture pack in there I used for testing, plus the second folder isn't set up for the Stage Expansion pack, so if you choose one of the extra stages, the game will freeze! In other words, you're better off leaving the second folder stuff alone!

-Almost everyone has a portrait for their texture on the CSS. Only Pikachu, Ness, Lucas, and Bowser have very noticeable "gaps". There are much more missing battle portraits and no one has their win result portraits which I hope to rectify eventually (especially if people end up liking this).

-I assure you though, every one has a texture in all slots except their defaults (where only a few characters I've changed). They're also as Team Color friendly as possible.

-If you do want to change textures. I've included a list in a text file of what file goes where, and I have little markers, in the form of shortcuts, of which texture is which in each individual character folder.

-There's extensive music hacking as part of the Classic Stage Expansion pack. Messing around with those stages in My Music is NOT advised as it'll likely crash your game (this comes from libertyernie more than me). I've also replaced all of Skyworld's stages with Kid Icarus Uprising music.

SmithnCo

Yeah, at least one new character or tease would be nice. I'd also take one of the character models to see what kind of detail they're targeting.

Gattuso

in game footage with some newcomers
an unexpected guest
i just really want to see what the game looks like going from the wii to the wii u

There's an online Smash 64 tourney going on for fun, so here's a good 1v1 series between two high level players.

Bane (Pikachu, Captain Falcon, Fox) vs The Star King (Yoshi) - It's a good watch. This is the kind of competitive gameplay I hope to see possible in Smash Wii U.

-EDIT-

Man, I love the improvisation that is possible here compared to games with standard combo strings. Much more fun to watch for me. Hope SSB4 has similar speed.

edit: Also, I want them to hurry up and get 64 on WiiU VC so I can play on the pad now

hahah Yeah, the ability to just chain various moves together in multihit combos is amazing in this game. Go to 11:02 and watch that sexy combo Yoshi pulls off from a nice read.

SmithnCo

There's an online Smash 64 tourney going on for fun, so here's a good 1v1 series between two high level players.

Bane (Pikachu, Captain Falcon, Fox) vs The Star King (Yoshi) - It's a good watch. This is the kind of competitive gameplay I hope to see possible in Smash Wii U.

Man, I love the improvisation that is possible here compared to games with standard combo strings. Much more fun to watch for me. Hope SSB4 has similar speed.

edit: Also, I want them to hurry up and get 64 on WiiU VC so I can play on the pad now

Gattuso

So i just tried out the skin/stage collection and i really like it, some of those skins like grandpa pikachu and the scott pilgrim one are pretty cool. I also went ahead downloaded project m along with it. the character's revamped moveset and balancing took some getting used to and i'm not all that great with a classic controller. I would pull out my wii but anything not 720p or higher even with component or hdmi smears out of this world.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I should look into Brawl PAL homebrewing again. Unfortunately the codes's were not as extensive so one was mostly restricted to one on one substitutions so there was no fancy stage expansion options. Also it was a pain having to change stage code from NTSC to PAL. If I recall it required changing the .rel files

TrueBlue

I hope they do similar to what they did with the original Brawl trailer, with the models of the previous game "evolving" to the new ones.

+1 for Palutena

NeonZ

I hope we get a bigger initial reveal than Brawl's, unless they plan to make another Dojo soon. IIRC, Melee's reveal had all 14 default characters, only hiding Zelda (Sheik was revealed though). I don't expect something proportionally similar, but I hope we get at least that amount of characters.

On the other hand, another Dojo announced alongside the trailer could make a smaller reveal work, because then they'd have more stuff to talk about in updates for the site, even if many would be returning characters.

Do it have subtitle?

They were English dubbed.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I hope we get a bigger initial reveal than Brawl's, unless they plan to make another Dojo soon. IIRC, Melee's reveal had all 14 default characters, only hiding Sheik. Although I don't expect something proportionally similar, I hope we get at least that amount of characters.

On the other hand, another Dojo announced alongside the trailer could make a smaller reveal work, because then they'd have more stuff to talk about in updates for the site, even if many would be returning characters.

They were English dubbed.

I'm deaf so that's why I asked to see if they have subtitle or CC.

So, less than a month before we see Super Smash Bros. 4, what do you guys hope to see?
For characters, Mega Man. Pretty much the only character I want that has a realistic chance of being shown at E3 (any other realistic wants I see being held off for a Dojo reveal or unlockable). Maybe Ridley as well since I expect him to be at E3 (along with Palutena, Takamaru and Little Mac), but I go back and forth on whenever or not I want to see him or just believe that he's very highly deserving of a spot.

I'm also hoping for something in the trailer that indicates significant difference with the game play.

SkyOdin

To be honest I do not want her in the game, I want her as an optional announcer. And in the story mode she could talk to who you were playing with.

I know that sounds weird but eh.
I wouldn't mind her as a commentator. But who else could sit with her on in the commentator booth? Professor Oak, maybe?

When they officially show Smash 4, are we gonna keep this thread or make a new one?

New one would make sense, as we'd have a name for it and more clear direction as to where they're going with this game.
Though we could just change this to a catch all Smash Bros. Community thread if we really wanted to.

I'd make a new thread. It'll be cooler to have something where everyone is fangirling to critical mass on Page 1 as opposed to Page 300 and something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom