• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

Is it as weightless as people say it is? I might have to get me one of those after I get some motion+ controllers.

Yeah, it's definitely lightweight, lighter than a CG controller I think.

I like it, a lot more ergonomic than the WiiU pad or the classic controller. Never had a regular Wii pro controller though.

DaBoss

Oh wow, when does E3 officially start then?

Also take it 'images only' thing was a mistranslation on Iwata's part and we're still getting a trailer.

It officially starts on the Tuesday, so June 11th. However, before can literally mean hours before E3 actually starts. But the hype train should start on June 7th.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It officially starts on the Tuesday, so June 11th. However, before can literally mean hours before E3 actually starts. But the hype train should start on June 7th.

I hope that they are not going to host Nintendo Direct on Monday since there are many shows on that day. I think 4 or 5 shows.

Mr. Fix

I'm torn between Isaac and Shulk.

Then again, why not both?

aGsnhQP.jpg
KoC5y4Z.png

If we do get Isaac, I'm hoping it's the adult version.

GamerSoul

Yes. Let's cancel out the blue swordsmen with.... blonde swordsmen!
Kidding aside I would like to see Isaac but it wont phase me if he's not in. He's simply not relevant anymore :/, imo. Man I still think a console Golden Sun would have been a sight to see. The first games were amazing.

I'm torn between Isaac and Shulk.

Then again, why not both?

aGsnhQP.jpg
KoC5y4Z.png

If we do get Isaac, I'm hoping it's the adult version.
I think we'll get both. Xenoblade is almost certainly getting Shulk and Golden Sun also has a good chance of getting a rep (in which it'd be Isaac). Both are popularly requested characters and are among the more important misc. franchise left (Punch-Out is more important, but after those two, Golden Sun and Xenoblade are the most important franchise that haven't been rejected yet).
---
As for Shorts's poll...

Results as of 160 votes on veterans and newcomers. Also results on stages.

Sadly, we can't look up the results, so we have to take what we can get from Shorts himself, but this will probably be the best poll we get.

Do note that the results will be fluid as the poll opened less than twelve hours ago.

GamerSoul

Let's go with the one that actually had a good game last gen.

(And is confirmed to have a future.)

heh, that about sums about how I feel about it. Tis a shame though, Isaac would have been great with those elemental attacks as his specials but I don't know if he has enough to warrant Sakurai, who is probably working feverishly to design characters to be implemented by namco's crew, to take another look at him.

As for Shorts's poll...

Results as of 160 votes on veterans and newcomers. Also results on stages.

Sadly, we can't look up the results, so we have to take what we can get from Shorts himself, but this will probably be the best poll we get.

Do note that the results will be fluid as the poll opened less than twelve hours ago.

Heh, Banjo? It's looking pretty good, imo. The top with Megaman and Mewtwo seem to be consistent with the other poll.

Heh, Banjo? It's looking pretty good, imo. The top with Megaman and Mewtwo seem to be consistent with the other poll.
I hope that people continue to vote for whoever they want and not fall under the trap that because a character is likely that they must vote for said character. Even if I don't care about Banjo-Kazooie appearing (although I did love Banjo-Kazooie and Tootie), I can very much see the desire for them.

As for Mewtwo and Mega Man, I'd say that at this point that they're the two most wanted characters for this game. If Sakurai is going to influence the inclusion of a character primarily around fan demand like he did with Sonic, it's likely going to be one (if not both) of these two (and it's not like popularity is the only thing going for their inclusion either).

Shorts

Neo Member
I hope that people continue to vote for whoever they want and not fall under the trap that because a character is likely that they must vote for said character.

Agreed. I hate that train of thought. Especially considering how many people come and vote on my polls with this in mind.

Also would like to say thanks to everyone who participated, it's greatly appreciated.

Mr. Fix

Let's go with the one that actually had a good game last gen.

(And is confirmed to have a future.)

It hurts because it's true. I just feel weird about seeing young Isaac with Shulk, so it's an aesthetics thing. Unfortunately, Isaac's best shot was probably for brawl. I've my expectations set on Shulk though, I love his design.

As for Mewtwo and Mega Man, I'd say that at this point that they're the two most wanted characters for this game.

My fingers are fucking crossed!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Shulk should be in it so Reyn can be a assist trophy. Only so is can get on the stage and proclaim it's Reyn Time.

He should also wear that hilarious spiky fanned out helmet.

GamerSoul

Yep, he does in Golden Sun 3.

Heh, adult Isaac looks as if he could work as a clone of Ganondorf. :l

I hope that people continue to vote for whoever they want and not fall under the trap that because a character is likely that they must vote for said character. Even if I don't care about Banjo-Kazooie appearing (although I did love Banjo-Kazooie and Tootie), I can very much see the desire for them.

As for Mewtwo and Mega Man, I'd say that at this point that they're the two most wanted characters for this game. If Sakurai is going to influence the inclusion of a character primarily around fan demand like he did with Sonic, it's likely going to be one (if not both) of these two (and it's not like popularity is the only thing going for their inclusion either).

I think people are definitely voting more with their wishes but a few logical picks as well. There are so many choices compared to the last one it will be fun to see how it stacks up with the true roster starting with the first newcomers are revealed. For Brawl, I didn't know what people wanted other than the regular picks like Krystal and Geno, etc.

And true, hopefully if Megaman is in Sakurai gets that stuff taken care of earlier this time.

Getting so close I can taste it.

Tastes like... Smash Bros.

:p taste like... mass hysteria mixed in with the Smash cycle creating a concoction of sorts

SkyOdin

Heyo, my new poll is out, and it's pretty extensive.

http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=3tkgn2ffap3yfcd114243

I can name quite a few problems with that poll. As an illustrative example, the poll lists both the Guar Plains and The Bionis Leg as the only two stage options from Xenoblade. The Guar Plains is the Bionis' Leg. They are the same thing (well, the Guar Plains is the most prominent sub-section of the Bionis Leg, which lends its name to the Leg's field song).

Some of the the other issues include no option to mention the heroines from the Sin and Punishment games (despite the fact that they share equal billing and screen time with the male heroes), some confusing options for Link, and a complete lack of Melia or Riki from Xenosaga in either playable character or assist trophy form (despite every other character appearing).

I really don't think that a "comprehensive" poll will ever be comprehensive enough. I ran into way too many choices that I wanted to make that I couldn't. For example, Mediuth from Fire Emblem as a boss character, or some representation from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.

I appreciate the effort you went to in order to create the poll, though.

It hurts because it's true. I just feel weird about seeing young Isaac with Shulk, so it's an aesthetics thing. Unfortunately, Isaac's best shot was probably for brawl. I've my expectations set on Shulk though, I love his design.
Golden Sun 3 did receive good reviews, even if it wasn't on the same scale as the previous two games.

I'd say his best shot is now. Isaac probably didn't get into Brawl because his competitions (Wario and Olimar) were overall, better choices. Now he is among the best additions left and with the possibility of three new series, there's a real chance that he gets in.
My fingers are fucking crossed!
So are mine. Mewtwo and Mega Man are two of my most wanted characters for this game.

And true, hopefully if Megaman is in Sakurai gets that stuff taken care of earlier this time.
I think part of the reason why Snake and Sonic were so hard to fit in Brawl was because Snake was a very unorthodox character for the game and Sonic had to deal with beating time constraints. Mega Man, if in, would be planned from the start, so while he would still be a difficult fit by nature of third-party, not being an unorthodox third-party character like Snake and not having to beat a deadline like Sonic would make things easier on Sakurai than last time.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Getting so close I can taste it.

Tastes like... Smash Bros.

It's not close enough if we don't have any SSB4 E3 rumors like we did last year and two years ago.

Heh, adult Isaac looks as if he could work as a clone of Ganondorf. :l

Indeed. He would. I hope that Ganondorf's model would based on OOT/Melee form in SSB4 due to OOT3D. I admitted that I really want Geno to be in but his inclusion wouldn't happens due to Square-Enix and his outdated game.

Also you should get involved with prediction contest since you are one of few regular smash that are not involved, along with ScraftyDevil Boss Doggie, qq more, Mr. Fix, BGBW and few more.

Golden Sun 3 did receive good reviews, even if it wasn't on the same scale as the previous two games.

I'd say his best shot is now. Isaac probably didn't get into Brawl because his competitions (Wario and Olimar) were overall, better choices. Now he is among the best additions left and with the possibility of three new series, there's a real chance that he gets in.So are mine. Mewtwo and Mega Man are two of my most wanted characters for this game.

I think part of the reason why Snake and Sonic were so hard to fit in Brawl was because Snake was a very unorthodox character for the game and Sonic had to deal with beating time constraints. Mega Man, if in, would be planned from the start, so while he would still be a difficult fit by nature of third-party, not being an unorthodox third-party character like Snake and not having to beat a deadline like Sonic would make things easier on Sakurai than last time.

The reason why I think that Mega Man have better chance to be in SSB4 this time because Ono teased Nintendo vs Capcom for no reason. It triggered the suspicion from me.

Yeah, this time is only hope and last chance for Isaac to be in SSB as playable character due to Golden Sun 3 got released recently comparing to length of release date between SSBB and Golden Sun 2. However one person made good point that it's extremely rare that second party character become playable character.

GamerSoul

Do I need to list stages and pokemon riight away? I just would like to list the characters I want I mean that I wish to be in. I doubt ill get to the tie breaker round lol

Mr. Fix

I'll get on that soon, but I'd have to sit down and really think about it. At the very least, I really just want Skyloft and the Comet Observatory as stages, with Snake, Ness, Marth (his brawl/melee design is way better than his shadow dragon one), and Falco returning, and Isaac, Shulk, Megaman and Palutena as newcomers.

Ryce

It'll be back -- I wouldn't even worry about the possibility of it not returning, that's how confident I am. The Dojo was a huge marketing tool. Besides, there's been a Dojo for the first three games, so why wouldn't it be back?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You know I'd be satisfied if the Dojo was less tiny daily updates and less regular but more focused topics like where the inspiration for moves or costume colours came from.

If the dojo returned I think i'd prefer less info overall to keep some surprises intact, less updates on the whole but still handing out some tidbits on a regular enough basis, plus I don't need to go through the specifics of how to recover, name entry and all of that once again.

SmithnCo

If the dojo returned I think i'd prefer less info overall to keep some surprises intact, less updates on the whole but still handing out some tidbits on a regular enough basis, plus I don't need to go through the specifics of how to recover, name entry and all of that once again.

Yeah. Though to be fair, there'd have been surprises for Brawl if it didn't get delayed. A lot of the secrets were returning guys though, I'd like if they kept a good handful of new guys secret this time around.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Do I need to list stages and pokemon riight away? I just would like to list the characters I want I mean that I wish to be in. I doubt ill get to the tie breaker round lol

Nope, You don't need to. You can edit and finish that later on. I'm thinking about waiving the requirement of tiebreaker if people don't want to do it. Evenly it will be their losses if they got tied.

I need the Dojo to happen again. I NEED IT.

SAME HERE! I NEED IT TOO!

The hype burns through my skin.

Right now I'm trying to contain the hype until 7 days before the ND date. They need to hurry up and announce it.

I'll get on that soon, but I'd have to sit down and really think about it. At the very least, I really just want Skyloft and the Comet Observatory as stages, with Snake, Ness, Marth (his brawl/melee design is way better than his shadow dragon one), and Falco returning, and Isaac, Shulk, Megaman and Palutena as newcomers.

I'll try to make sure to post a prediction at some point. I promise.

Alright. No pressure. :p

I'd be satisfied if they confirmed the dojo would be back at E3.

They should announce Dojo incoming in a week after E3 then it would be epic enough for me.

It'll be back -- I wouldn't even worry about the possibility of it not returning, that's how confident I am. The Dojo was a huge marketing tool. Besides, there's been a Dojo for the first three games, so why wouldn't it be back?

Super Smash 64 had it? I thought it was just a website. I know Melee and Brawl tho.

I think I value months of pre-game hype more than the actual game itself personally, so bring on the Dojo like never before Sakurai!

I love both.

No, that would ruin the fun. You never know if you're going to get a new character reveal, or a how to block update! So thrilling!

Ryce

From a major Sonic news site that has apparently reported legitimate leaks in the past:

Last, but not least, the source also talked about the presence of SEGA characters at the next Super Smash Bros. game. According to it, Sonic will make a comeback, and Bayonetta will join the cast as one of the newcomers of this game. More info was revealed about Super Smash Bros, that we will reveal at a later report exclusively about Nintendo.

From a major Sonic news site that has apparently reported legitimate leaks in the past:
I would take that with a grain of salt, considering that it mentions Mario Kart Wii-U not coming until 2014 (which I really doubt). Personally, I doubt this rumor, but the only way to find out is when characters start to get reveal. If Bayonetta gets in (which as I said before, I just don't see happening), it'll be at the trailer where the first batch of characters are revealed.

Today that same website posted a list of the characters who will supposedly be revealed in the next trailer (along with information on Retro's next games).

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/

There will be a few newcomer characters shown at the teaser: Little Mac, Takamaru, Tom Nook, Palutena, Dark Pit ( the source says he is not sure if it’s a transformation for Pit like Zelda/Sheik or a standalone character), and Bayonetta.

Personally, I don't buy it. This site has posted some legitimate stuff in the past, but from what I can tell, they don't have a spotless track record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom