• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Tier

Lol, that doesn't seem legit.

But, if it is, I'm cool with it. Little Mac and Tom Nook? Heck ya. I'd love to kick Tom Nook's conning ass.

Neiteio

Today that same website posted a list of the characters who will supposedly be revealed in the next trailer (along with information on Retro's next games).

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/

Personally, I don't buy it. This site has posted some legitimate stuff in the past, but from what I can tell, they don't have a spotless track record.
First off:

- Pit has a black alternate in Brawl. And Dark Pit, as a standalone character, would need color alternates of his own. And Dark Pit wouldn't transform out of Pit -- they're two wholly separate characters.

- Tom Nook is probably off-limits, unless Sakurai has changed his mind regarding Animal Crossing. He has previously stated that it wouldn't seem appropriate having AC characters as fighters.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, Dark Pit as a transformation doesn't make any fucking sense. It'd be like Luigi being a transformation of Mario or something.

Where have you been? In Luigi's Mansion 2 it is revealed that Luigi IS Mario, a form of multiple personality disorder in which Luigi is trying to dominate the Mario body!

Today that same website posted a list of the characters who will supposedly be revealed in the next trailer (along with information on Retro's next games).

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/

Personally, I don't buy it. This site has posted some legitimate stuff in the past, but from what I can tell, they don't have a spotless track record.

I don't see why Dark Pit is that unlikely (unless that guy really is saying he's a transformation which yes makes zero sense but that's not how I'm reading that sentence) if they'd keep regular Pit's moveset the same but want to represent all the different weapons Uprising had. Fora literal clone he's actually a fairly likable character and could probably set himself apart from Pit.

Three KI characters does seem sort of overkill though if SSB4 has a smaller-than-usual roster jump, for as much as I want Palutena as well.

That source doesn't seem very good at making up stuff that would likely happen at all.
yeah constant wii u game delays or a new 3D Mario game are really unlikely

Seriously like two thirds of it are just reiterating things we already know are going to be at Nintendo's E3. Besides the Smash bit and maybe TSSZ's reputation what screams 'fake' about it to you?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Dark Pit's on my list.

I think having him in, with a moveset more reminiscent of Uprising while Pit goes with a classic style, would work.

Also it seems weird they'd reveal TWO characters from the same franchise in the initial trailer...I mean it happened with Peach and Bowser for Melee, but still...

That’s what happened to Yoshi’s Yarn game, it has been delayed to 2014 since Nintendo will make 2014 the “Yoshi’s year”, in a similar way they had made 2013 Luigi’s Year.
I hope this is true though.

Dark Pit's on my list.

I think having him in, with a moveset more reminiscent of Uprising while Pit goes with a classic style, would work.

Also it seems weird they'd reveal TWO characters from the same franchise in the initial trailer...I mean it happened with Peach and Bowser for Melee, but still...
Yeah, having three Kid Icarus characters of all things in the teaser trailer seems weirdly over-indulgent for a series that took three entries for Kirby to get more than one rep. That and the Tom Nook bit (since while I'd normally say he'd be a 'logical' character choice Sakurai has said that AC's creator requested it not get a playable character in Brawl) are the only really off sounding parts of this rumor to me. Bayonetta being in really does seem like the most logical way Nintendo could recreate Snake being in Brawl's announcement trailer.

Yeah, having three Kid Icarus characters of all things in the teaser trailer seems weirdly over-indulgent for a series that took three entries for Kirby to get more than one rep. That and the Tom Nook bit (since while I'd normally say he'd be a 'logical' character choice Sakurai has said that AC's creator requested it not get a playable character in Brawl) are the only really off sounding parts of this rumor to me. Bayonetta being in really does seem like the most logical way Nintendo could recreate Snake being in Brawl's announcement trailer.
Considering that there are already some people wanting Bayonetta and even expecting her, I don't think she would work. For a Snake-like reveal to work, it'd have to be a true sucker punch of a reveal, one that pretty much no one expects.

The only one I can think of that could work are a non-video game character (which isn't happening) or a Digimon character (which I definitely don't see happening).

Yeah, uh, "got some rumors right" isn't what I think of when I think TSSZNews, honestly. I tend to more think "Sonic fan site on par with tabloids" and "will post pretty much anything that comes his way".

In short, I don't buy it.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
There will be a few newcomer characters shown at the teaser: Little Mac, Takamaru, Tom Nook, Palutena, Dark Pit ( the source says he is not sure if it’s a transformation for Pit like Zelda/Sheik or a standalone character), and Bayonetta.

That would be awesome but I'm not fan of Bayonetta tho.

Mr. Fix

I'm still all for the trailer in my mind that shows Shulk and with Megaman popping in at the end.

Anth0ny

someone should contact that Chaos Zero dude who leaked a bunch of characters and the Dragoon item months before they were confirmed. He was the only legit Brawl leaker as far as I know.

A surprise character comes at the cost of them probably not belonging in the game. (Like Snake to a tee.)

Bayonetta, Pac-Man and Megaman would "belong" (for better, better or worse), so it'd have to be someone even more far-out. Hmm.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Tom Nook? Someone needs to take fake rumour making 101.

I'm guessing their source is the 100 year old gamer.

Kjellson

If Dark Pit was in, he would be unlockable.

And there is no way Takamaru would be in the opening trailer since no one knows who he is, lol.

If Takamaru were to be one of the first characters revealed, yeah, I'm pretty sure that would get a decent number of people interested in his game if it came out for VC shortly afterward.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Dark Pit sounds plausible. Wasnt there a pic of Nintendo character figures by Sakurai which featured Dark Pit?
Because he bought them? Is it that big of a surprise that Sakurai would buy figurines based on characters from a game he directed.

DaBoss

- Sakurai stopped tweeting so often due to people thinking it relates to Smash.
- Sakurai doesn't like to have too many reps from games he made.

Wellp, we have nothing else so I just went with that.

Besides I heard Sakurai was slightly biased in Brawl atleast. From what I heard all Kirby characters had big part in its Story mode.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think Sakurai was just showing off the new KI figures, I wouldn't read into it.

Right.

Because he bought them? Is it that big of a surprise that Sakurai would buy figurines based on characters from a game he directed.

Not really.

Yeah, pretty much. I still would like to see Pit kept his move set and Dark Pit would get Uprising move set.

qq more

Wellp, we have nothing else so I just went with that.

Besides I heard Sakurai was slightly biased in Brawl atleast. From what I heard all Kirby characters had big part in its Story mode.

Their parts were as big as everyone else's. Not to mention Sakurai didn't write the story.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Their parts weren't as big as anyone else's. Not to mention Sakurai didn't write the story.

I hope that Sakurai and Tales Writer would work on the story.

t1370968200z4.png

You know, I was thinking--have we ever seen any behind the scenes stuff for the Smash Bros. series? Like concept art and the like. We basically just see the end product (plus late development builds for trailers and stuff) and we get our behind the scenes stuff drip fed to us in blurbs by Sakurai every once in a while.

I don't think we've been privy to any actual conceptual work on a Smash title, and I think I'd like to see some. I want to see the thought process that went into redesigning characters like the Mario characters to fit Smash, the thought process that went into designing attacks, the thought process that went into designing stages. I'd like to see some of that.

You know, I was thinking--have we ever seen any behind the scenes stuff for the Smash Bros. series? Like concept art and the like. We basically just see the end product (plus late development builds for trailers and stuff) and we get our behind the scenes stuff drip fed to us in blurbs by Sakurai every once in a while.

I don't think we've been privy to any actual conceptual work on a Smash title, and I think I'd like to see some. I want to see the thought process that went into redesigning characters like the Mario characters to fit Smash, the thought process that went into designing attacks, the thought process that went into designing stages. I'd like to see some of that.
YDdme.jpg

That's about it, though.

Boss Doggie

Wow, the "Forest Maze" rumor still exists? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

Fucking Geno fans...

I don't think their story is that bad as you claimed it to be. Which tales games did you played so I can understand where you came from.

Their best Tales game as far as story goes is Tales of Rebirth... and even then there are moments where you'd want to slap people on it (racism is bad... that's why we must do reverse-racism!).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Wow, the "Forest Maze" rumor still exists? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

Fucking Geno fans...

Don't lump me with those fanbase.

Their best Tales game as far as story goes is Tales of Rebirth... and even then there are moments where you'd want to slap people on it (racism is bad... that's why we must do reverse-racism!).

Is it safe to assumed that you favor the game because it have black panther character in the game. :p

Boss Doggie

Hell no, their "furries" are terrible at best, more like your average "how would an animu artist draw a furry" than "real" kemono artists. I'd say Rapide looked more furry than Eugene.

Gattuso

Eugene does looks really bad and I think you mean Repede? The only ones I've played were Symphonia and Vesperia and I thought their stories were decent. (its still been a while)
Is Geno somebody special? I haven't played super Mario rpg.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
He's special if that was the only RPG you've ever played.

You're wrong, since it is definitely nostalgia factor for many people.

Eugene does looks really bad and I think you mean Repede? The only ones I've played were Symphonia and Vesperia and I thought their stories were decent. (its still been a while)
Is Geno somebody special? I haven't played super Mario rpg.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Tales series. I think I owned every tales that are out in US.

Boss Doggie

You're wrong, since it is definitely nostalgia factor for many people.

Well, first RPGs they've played.

I honestly didn't use Geno because he's one of those pointless characters. Most of the appeal comes from nerds who are like "OMG HE DEALS 9999 DAMAGE IF YOU TIME HIS DISC ATTACK RIGHT!"

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Well, first RPGs they've played.

I honestly didn't use Geno because he's one of those pointless characters. Most of the appeal comes from nerds who are like "OMG HE DEALS 9999 DAMAGE IF YOU TIME HIS DISC ATTACK RIGHT!"

That would be correct for almost all of fans, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom