• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I was thinking--have we ever seen any behind the scenes stuff for the Smash Bros. series? Like concept art and the like. We basically just see the end product (plus late development builds for trailers and stuff) and we get our behind the scenes stuff drip fed to us in blurbs by Sakurai every once in a while.

I don't think we've been privy to any actual conceptual work on a Smash title, and I think I'd like to see some. I want to see the thought process that went into redesigning characters like the Mario characters to fit Smash, the thought process that went into designing attacks, the thought process that went into designing stages. I'd like to see some of that.

Phenomenal point and the same holds true for most Nintendo first parties too. Shit I'd love some Behind the Scenes and ViDocs of the next Smash, Zelda, whatever.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Interesting, I guess I'll never have any feeling or interest towards him as a character though.

Well, I like Geno for other reasons. Honestly, I never used him for broken reasons and never done that. I beat the game several time way before I found out that he had those broken 99999 damages.

So, E3 is approaching very fast! About 2 more weeks!

Indeed. It could be between 15-20 days!

I hope we get another hype trailer like Brawl's trailer. Heck, I just want to see some Smash!

I hope that we will get amazing trailer this E3.

Ryce

@NintendoAmerica 8:00 AM
Hello. We already announced we will have another #NintendoDirectNA at E3, but now we can share the date/time: 6/11 at 7 am PT. #IwataSays

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
@NintendoAmerica 8:00 AM
Hello. We already announced we will have another #NintendoDirectNA at E3, but now we can share the date/time: 6/11 at 7 am PT. #IwataSays

OMG FINALLY! MEGATON!

J855y8Z.gif

Gattuso

i wonder what news and information they would need that much time for.
I'm trying my hardest to focus on finals but with e3 coming its getting really hard not to get hyped up.

Village

Yeah, but what would they talk about? Just show pics of new pokemon, maybe talk about a new feature or two, and that's gotta be it.

2 pokemon anime coming out, 2nd one by gainax. Isn't exclusively marketed to children so can have a plot.

Also console game

Source: my imagination

Ryce

So a veteran GAFer in another thread has this to say:

bh7812 said:
Super Smash Bros. 4...As promised by Mr. Iwata and Reggie, it will finally be unveiled during this Direct. What you're about to see is...odd. How to describe...there will be an unveil trailer, and during this trailer a few characters in the. Roster will be announced. All the others are black shadowy silhouettes. You should get a good idea who some of them are, others will be "Who the hell's that supposed to be!?" The full roster will be gradually unveiled from now till release. Release is aiming for Thanksgiving 2014. It might slip to closer to Christmas though. The aim is to launch both the 3DS and U games same day, so they'll do what it takes to get that to happen. This is the big 2014 game for Nintendo. 3DS version is further along than the U one. That one will also be shown on th Direct. Some parts of U version done, others still cooking. Coding, etc set to start in earnest this fall. It looks great ;)

His account is six years old -- would he really want to throw that away over such a minuscule lie?

GamerSoul

Cool, this thread moved fast from last time I posted lol. AND We have an actual date! :eek:

I think part of the reason why Snake and Sonic were so hard to fit in Brawl was because Snake was a very unorthodox character for the game and Sonic had to deal with beating time constraints. Mega Man, if in, would be planned from the start, so while he would still be a difficult fit by nature of third-party, not being an unorthodox third-party character like Snake and not having to beat a deadline like Sonic would make things easier on Sakurai than last time.

Very true you make good points. Sakurai does seem to take the cohesion of everything very seriously.

Nope, You don't need to. You can edit and finish that later on. I'm thinking about waiving the requirement of tiebreaker if people don't want to do it. Evenly it will be their losses if they got tied.

Niice, I will get on it as soon as I get caught up with my crap studying.

Edit: Woah if what that poster said is true :0 gotta keep calm..

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So a veteran GAFer in another thread has this to say:

His account is six years old -- would he really want to throw that away over such a minuscule lie?

Maybe he want to quit NEOGAF so it's his best way to quit that way. Or the rumor could be real. I don't believe it's real tho.

Mario Kart U is the most disappointing thing I ever read for Mario Kart series.

According to his post history, just a few days ago he was hoping that Nintendo would at least announce a title for Retro's game, and that his guess is that Retro's game is Star Tropics. So take that as you will, I guess.

GamerSoul

Maybe he want to quit NEOGAF so it's his best way to quit that way. Or the rumor could be real. I don't believe it's real tho.

Mario Kart U is the most disappointing thing I ever read for Mario Kart series.

Hmm he had more rumors? And honestly I don't believe it either but the silhouettes would be interesting to see and speculate with.

According to his post history, just a few days ago he was hoping that Nintendo would at least announce a title for Retro's game, and that his guess is that Retro's game is Star Tropics. So take that as you will, I guess.

Now that doesn't sound likely at all...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Well, he mentioned that he heard the rumor during May 17 and he said that it confirmed one of his rumors that he knew from the source. I felt bad for him if he got suckered.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
lol I had a feeling something like that would be VERY easy to decipher :p maybe if it was harder...bah it wouldn't help I guess you guys would be too good :/

If they made it too vague then it would be so hard to decipher but I don't want that. :lol

Also more rumors
Regarding Retro, it's Star Tropics U. I posted that a few weeks ago and stand by it.

Regarding Smash Bros...in the trailer, with the silhouette stuff, the camera is flying down an open space with the characters standing on the sides. There's a LOT if characters this time. Samurai had said he didn't want as many but they decided to go all out this time for the fans. They're wanting to do a Dojo type thing again since the last time was received very well.

SmithnCo

If it's a trailer with moving silhouettes, it would probably be really easy to decipher. Hell, with the ravenous fans Smash has, they'd probably be figured out instantly.

I don't know why they'd do silhouettes though, seems like it would dampen the hype.

Regarding Retro, it's Star Tropics U. I posted that a few weeks ago and stand by it.

Regarding Smash Bros...in the trailer, with the silhouette stuff, the camera is flying down an open space with the characters standing on the sides. There's a LOT if characters this time. Samurai had said he didn't want as many but they decided to go all out this time for the fans. They're wanting to do a Dojo type thing again since the last time was received very well.

Hehe

SmithnCo

"Samurai had said he didn't want as many but they decided to go all out this time for the fans. "

typos aside

what

"Hey guys, I really don't want to make so many characters but as it turns out, THE FANS WANT MORE CHARACTERS! Crazy! Okay let's get cracking."

This is such BS, haha.

GamerSoul

If they made it too vague then it would be so hard to decipher but I don't want that. :lol

It'll probably still be somewhat easy to guess because of the odd shapes and sizes that make up Nintendo characters. It would be like "Who's that Pokemon!" all over again. :/

These rumors suck lol, except the Sega Bayo one. I still think she would work in Smash.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It'll probably still be somewhat easy to guess because of the odd shapes and sizes that make up Nintendo characters. It would be like "Who's that Pokemon!" all over again. :/

These rumors suck lol, except the Sega Bayo one. I still think she would work in Smash.

NO! I don't really want to see Bayo in the game but if she got in then I have to accept that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom