• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerSoul

"Samurai had said he didn't want as many but they decided to go all out this time for the fans. "

typos aside

what

Eh I dunno, Sakurai going all out on the roster? I'll need to see that to believe it.

NO! I don't really want to see Bayo in the game but if she got in then I have to accept that.

She'll probably grow on you if she makes it in. I can imagine her being a great character with so much potential. That crazy witch would fit right in :3

Village

"Hey guys, I really don't want to make so many characters but as it turns out, THE FANS WANT MORE CHARACTERS! Crazy! Okay let's get cracking."

This is such BS, haha.

Dunno...

From what I have learned from sakurai and smash bros, he listens. Kinda..

He went all out on the characters, extra tripping though.

Eh I dunno, Sakurai going all out on the roster? I'll need to see that to believe it.

She'll probably grow on you if she makes it in. I can imagine her being a great character with so much potential. That crazy witch would fit right in :3

No..

*kids* who is that weird lady

*Teen agers an adults * where the hell is insert this character here

Sakurai said a character has to make people want to play the game. For many people bayonetta isn't someone they really care about. Plus she is 3rd party.. so that.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
qMKDANb.png

MORE RUMORS!

GamerSoul

^Yay more rumors. Calamity doesn't roll off the tongue as well as the other names...
MMMHHMMMM DAT THARJA WILL NOT BE DENIED lulz

No..

Sakurai said a character has to make people want to play the game. For many people bayonetta isn't someone they really care about. Plus she is 3rd party.. so that.

I'm pretty sure not every kid, teen, adult is going to know who all the characters are unless they're very dedicated fans. For example if Takamaru makes it in, the same reactions could happen no matter what age the person is. It would matter about where they're from as long as their a great character. Sega and Nintendo at the moment are also in a partnership so having Sonic and Bayonetta as characters could help both companies profit more from said partnership. Even if she was offered as DLC it would be a great gesture. Remember Roy and Marth were unheard of by most before Melee and ended up as very popular characters and introduced many people to FE. And if the backlash that happened over Bayo 2's exclusiveness to Wii U showed us anything it was that people do care about her in some way.

I don't care what her odds are I just feel like she would be a great character to use in Smash after playing and beating her game. I also feel like Syrup would be great also and we know what her chances are. lol

Dunno...

From what I have learned from sakurai and smash bros, he listens. Kinda..

He went all out on the characters, extra tripping though.

No..

I'd probably partially want to see Bayonetta in Smash just to see you mess up your armchair character design theory again for the umpteenth time.

jokes <3

Village

^Yay more rumors. Calamity doesn't roll off the tongue as well as the other names...
MMMHHMMMM DAT THARJA WILL NOT BE DENIED lulz

I'm pretty sure not every kid, teen, adult is going to know who all the characters are unless they're very dedicated fans. For example if Takamaru makes it in, the same reactions could happen no matter what age the person is. It would matter about where they're from as long as their a great character. Sega and Nintendo at the moment are also in a partnership so having Sonic and Bayonetta as characters could help both companies profit more from said partnership. Even if she was offered as DLC it would be a great gesture. Remember Roy and Marth were unheard of by most before Melee and ended up as very popular characters and introduced many people to FE. And if the backlash that happened over Bayo 2's exclusiveness to Wii U showed us anything it was that people do care about her in some way.

I don't care what her odds are I just feel like she would be a great character to use in Smash after playing and beating her game. I also feel like Syrup would be great also and we know what her chances are. lol

Eh.. I do not agree.

You should pray sega doesn't have a poll about it, you will be dissapoint with the results. If they choose to go that route, * friggen miku somehow made it on the poll, she isnt even in video games she is just there and somehow ahead of bayo*

I'd probably partially want to see Bayonetta in Smash just to see you mess up your armchair character design theory again for the umpteenth time.

jokes <3

Your Luigi hat is dumb.

When taking Smash names into account one should always remember that the main multiplayer modes tend to go by the same name, I can't imagine jumping into the character select screen through a big menu button saying "CALAMITY!"

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Remember the Smash Bros Island rumor? Where the trailer was them playing volleyball? lol

One of my favorite rumor.

Here are the details of the rumor:
- Smash 4 will be revealed at this year's E3 in video form.
- Smash 4 will be called Super Smash Bros. Paradise.
- Only newcomer shown will be Mega Man Volnutt.
- The reveal trailer for "Paradise" takes place on a beach with the Smash characters relaxing However, Donkey Kong spikes a volleyball into Captain Falcon's helmet which causes a weird chain reaction that begins a brawl between the Smash fighters. For the fight to be broken up, Mega Man Volnutt is called in.

0J4A3.png

GamerSoul

^ what kinda rumor...

Eh.. I do not agree.

You should pray sega doesn't have a poll about it, you will be dissapoint with the results.

It's fine that you don't agree. And if i can live through seeing how Syrup performs in relevant polls I think I'll be fine. I think the unpredictability of some of the choices is what makes the speculation worth it.

No clue why he went with the legends version of Mega Man either or gave it such emphasis, even with MML3 at the time coming out on 3DS it felt like it barely had any relevance to Nintendo. Didn't he claim he got all this info from working at the ESRB too? That was such a dumb cover, considering it's not like the ESRB would have to rate an in-development video game trailer.

Also I totally bet SSB4 was originally going to be called Royale before Playstation All-Stars happened. Now I reckon it'll just be called something like Universe or Skirmish or something similarly kinda dull.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
We have to create a lot of discussion in prediction thread. ANYTHING GOES so it can get bump to first page frequently so we can get more people involved.

Village

^ what kinda rumor...

It's fine that you don't agree. And if i can live through seeing how Syrup performs in relevant polls I think I'll be fine. I think the unpredictability of some of the choices is what makes the speculation worth it.

That is a good point. And speculation is fun, however.

( what I am about to say may sound mean, not my intent, just trying to explain why I just cannot see bayo a suggestion)

It is just that too me, bayonetta is just Too weird. Like Sakurai already said that he didn't want to let one of his best friends characters in , Solid the Ef Snake who is a gaming Icon and who's universes weirdness already fits into the smash verse, because he thought it was weird.

So when people suggest that, not a video game Icon, in fact her debut game didn't do as well as expected, 3rd party character in. Who's is inclusion would be weirder than snake, a gaming Icon who's inclusion had to be argued and begged for, by one of his best friends. I just can't see it.

fisheyes

While there's no way any of these dudes are telling the truth, I think having the newcomers as silhouettes, or otherwise somehow cryptically shown, could be a fun way to get people speculating about the game, without giving away too much in the first trailer. They should totally do that.

While there's no way any of these dudes are telling the truth, I think having the newcomers as silhouettes, or otherwise somehow cryptically shown, could be a fun way to get people speculating about the game, without giving away too much in the first trailer. They should totally do that.
The problem is unlike the more realistically proportioned Marvel/Capcom characters they had in MvsC3 which also used silhouettes to tease characters, cartoon characters tend to have way more distinct and easy to recognise silhouettes to help them 'read' better to the viewer something I'd argue holds true for many Nintendo characters. If they really are going this route for SSB4's promotional trailers, it could wind up being hella easy to guess a lot of newcomers they want to keep vague right off the bat.

fisheyes

The problem is unlike the more realistically proportioned Marvel/Capcom characters they had in MvsC3 which also used silhouettes to tease characters, cartoon characters tend to have way more distinct and easy to recognise silhouettes to help them 'read' better to the viewer something I'd argue holds true for many Nintendo characters. If they really are going this route for SSB4's promotional trailers, it could wind up being hella easy to guess a lot of newcomers they want to keep vague right off the bat.

True I guess. But maybe they could do something else to hint at the characters without actually showing them? Show their eyeball, a piece of clothing, something? I don't really know, I just think it would be a fun way to do it rather than going YEP THESE CHARACTERS ARE IN IT SEE YOU AT THE NEXT TRAILER IN SIX MONTHS

SmithnCo

True I guess. But maybe they could do something else to hint at the characters without actually showing them? Show their eyeball, a piece of clothing, something? I don't really know, I just think it would be a fun way to do it rather than going YEP THESE CHARACTERS ARE IN IT SEE YOU AT THE NEXT TRAILER IN SIX MONTHS

RIDLEY'S IN THE CLOUDS

J-Tier

Yeah... I have a feeling a W101 character would be a better Platinum "rep" than Bayo. They'd fit in better IMO.

Yeah, I agree with this. I think Bayo is really unfitting in this game. If she gets in, I'd have no problem with it, but that's just my general opinion on the idea.

No clue why he went with the legends version of Mega Man either or gave it such emphasis, even with MML3 at the time coming out on 3DS it felt like it barely had any relevance to Nintendo.

Perhaps one of the reasons also was because MML1 was ported into Mega Man 64, and because Volnutt also was in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, which is the only Capcom fighting game for a Nintendo system in quite a while.
Still an odd choice lol.

Edit: How am I still in the top 5 posters of this thread? I haven't even posted in weeks! lol

Sure, no problem...

From newest characters to obvious here's at least some of the roster...

Mega Man
Mike Jones
Little Mac
Doc Louis
Mario
Kirby
Sonic
Donkey Kong
Link
Pikachu and several other Pokemon
Samus
Kirby
Falcon
Zelda
Ganondorf
Peach
Luigi
Yoshi
Baby versions of Mario and Co.
Paper Mario
Ness
Lucas
8 and 16 bit versions of a lot of the listed characters.

I'm nit sure why I didn't see snake anywhere, I'd have thought he'd be in.

Think that should be enough for now :) enjoy this E3, it's the one a lotta people have waited years for!

Posted in the other thread, but the response I got via PM from bh7812 when asking about SSB4's roster.

:(

J-Tier

I'd like it to be true, but it ain't. The idea of 8/16-bit mode or filter would be a cool idea (for any fighting game really).

So what are all the currently ongoing SSB4 threads on this forum? I know there's the Bayonetta thread (by Neiteio) and the prediction roster discussion thread (by IntelliHeath), but is there anything else? Asking this because I am going to make a Mega Man for SSB4 thread.
Posted in the other thread, but the response I got via PM from bh7812 when asking about SSB4's roster.

:(
Thank god this rumor is fake and that bh7812 is going to get banned. We'll see if tomorrow brings us anything to fry.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
*checks spot pass update*
*Dillon puzzle piece*
*recalls stationery and other vids*

It's like they're really promoting him!

What if Bayonetta was revealed in the Nintendo Direct trailer and then mere weeks/months later Bayonetta 2 got canceled?

EDIT: And speaking of Dillon, remember how Sakurai said criteria for a character is that they have to "make people want to play the game?"

Well unlike Pac-Man, I think we can all agree that Dillon makes us want to play the game. Having played the Rolling Westerns is a non-issue because his character design is just so fucking cool.

IxMdKbU.jpg

(Look at that! Who cares if his games were bad!)

Gattuso

What if Bayonetta was revealed in the Nintendo Direct trailer and then mere weeks/months later Bayonetta 2 got canceled?

I think I know a few people that would be happy with that kind of announcement.
Edit: I think dillon could replace sonic if he didn't make a return and yea his design is really great

Dillon (if done right) shouldn't have much overlap with Sonic at all. They both roll into balls but that's literally it. I could see Dillon being very "Wolfy" and using his claws for smashes, with his badass aerials coming straight from the Rolling Westerns.

(Dammit, now I've convinced myself he'll be in.)

Everyone?

Not if they haven't played them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom