• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
lazy google image

The_DEATH_of_Waluigi_by_nintendofan101.jpg

GamePaddy-Whack

Neo Member
Waluigi isn't a Wario character, so that isn't happening.

Exactly, and Waluigi is not getting a new Mario character spot. Waluigi didn't even make it into Mario Kart 7:

Character%20Select.png

Although Bowser Jr. didn't make it in either, and I'd love to see him in SSB4.

Also I just got approved, so hyped for some Smash news next week!

No lying, the reason I don't play Mario Kart 7 anywhere near as much as I played Mario Kart Wii is because Waluigi isn't in it. Honest.

What a terrible roster MK7 has. Jesus. Seeing them all together like that really drives it home.

PK Gaming

Exactly, and Waluigi is not getting a new Mario character spot. Waluigi didn't even make it into Mario Kart 7:

Character%20Select.png

Although Bowser Jr. didn't make it in either, and I'd love to see him in SSB4.

Also I just got approved, so hyped for some Smash news next week!

Nintendo's biggest blunder, how could they not include Waluigi SMH.

makako

Neo Member
The fact that Waluigi isn't in MK7 isn't a big deal. What's shameful is that Waluigi isn't in the game while random as fuck characters are in.

Mostly this... I couldn't believe when i first saw the character list with unknown bee and centipede... I like wailuigi a lot and i was hoping we'd see him in MK7 ... I don't see any possible way he'd appear on SSB , and even if he did would be another standard moves random character. We have plenty of those already... we need more relevant movesets.

The only truly WTF?! characters in MK7 from where i'm standing are Honey Queen and Metal Mario, aside from that I don't see the problem (and i'm sure the Bee is just there to be the games obligatory random as hell character anyway), they have Shyguy at last, that's really all that matters.
Even generic Mario enemies have appeared in the main games, that's more than old Waluigi has done.
Not that I actually advocate the lack of Waluigi there though, ideally he'd replace Metal Mario.

there, all better.

Why replace Honey Queen? I like her. :(
And Wiggler too.
Put Waluigi and Falcon instead of Metal Mario and Lakitu pls.

The only truly WTF?! characters in MK7 from where i'm standing are Honey Queen and Metal Mario, aside from that I don't see the problem (and i'm sure the Bee is just there to be the games obligatory random as hell character anyway), they have Shyguy at last, that's really all that matters.
Even generic Mario enemies have appeared in the main games, that's more than old Waluigi has done.
Not that I actually advocate the lack of Waluigi there though, ideally he'd replace Metal Mario.

I think they might keep Honey Queen mostly because she's a heavy female character.

Kokonoe

Banned
Why replace Honey Queen? I like her. :(
And Wiggler too.
Put Waluigi and Falcon instead of Metal Mario and Lakitu pls.

I actually don't mind that, I like Wiggler more than Lakitu. Spur of the moment thing.

I do like Metal Marios water effect when he talks, but he is pretty boring in Mario Kart.

Next Mario Kart will have Nabbit.
I'm down with this.

And he doesn't use a car, he just runs.
I'm also down with this, complete with unchanged animations for anything he does.

Wiggler has more major appearances than Waluigi!
Wiggler is pretty neat, the way his upper arms sway as he turns the kart so you can make him drive 'n' dance and his red road rage when hit with an item.
If Waluigi wants to compete with that then he needs to go full on Wacky Races Dick Dastardly, he's got like half the look already, just needs a further change of wardrobe, a mutley equivalent (like I dunno, a sniggering chain chomp) and to come last in every race.

I don't really care about Waluigi but I consider he's more part of the "Mario Spinoffs" roster than Rosalina, Metal Mario, The Been Queen & Lakitu. If you put all these characters in the game, just put Waluigi too, it doesn't make sense.

I don't really care about Waluigi but I consider he's more part of the "Mario Spinoffs" roster than Rosalina, Metal Mario, The Been Queen & Lakitu. If you put all these characters in the game, just put Waluigi too, it doesn't make sense.

Isn't Waluigi a Camelot character anyways? Did Camelot have any sort of hand in Mario Kart?

TrueBlue

The only way I can see Waluigi getting in is if they make him a rep for the Mario sports. Kinda like how Rosalina could represent the Galaxy "sub-series".

Not that I would particularly disapprove, especially of the latter.

They should at the very least include E. Gadd and Pauline considering they have 3D designs they could use, they aren't generic enemies, and they aren't baby/metal versions of existing characters.

Ryce

Well if Nintendo owns him, then why is he only in the sports games?
Because he has no business being in the mainline games? Camelot created him as a tennis doubles partner for Wario. That says all you need to know about Waluigi. EAD probably doesn't view him as an important character.

Well if Nintendo owns him, then why is he only in the sports games?

Although I don't know why I'm questioning Nintendo's character decisions when we've still got two fucking Toads in NSMB.

The same reason they almost never reference Wario games in Mario spin off games.

Not to mention Camelot doesn't make every Mario sports game either.

GamePaddy-Whack

Neo Member
Next Mario Kart will have Nabbit.
I'd be down with this. If there is a "New Super Mario Bros." stage in SSB4, maybe he will make an appearance.
Wiggler has more major appearances than Waluigi!
It's true!
Wiggler is pretty neat, the way his upper arms sway as he turns the kart so you can make him drive 'n' dance and his red road rage when hit with an item.
If Waluigi wants to compete with that then he needs to go full on Wacky Races Dick Dastardly, he's got like half the look already, just needs a further change of wardrobe, a mutley equivalent (like I dunno, a sniggering chain chomp) and to come last in every race.
Wiggler was my main in MK7 to be honest.

Anyways, my only point was that Waluigi is not important enough to appear in Smash (even if he is a fan favorite). His most "important" role was as the villain of DDR Mario Mix... that's just not gonna cut it!

Drago

I would love a Waluigi spot in the game, maybe as the sports/party rep. He's the best Mario character after all, and it's blasphemy that he was snubbed from MK7. One of the many things wrong with the game.

We need a Waluigi spinoff series. I have no idea what the game would be like though.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
The smash cycle now has a Mario Kart spoke in it's wheel?

PokéKong

Waluigi represents Mario sports games, he was born of them and still mainly resides in them. I'd say he counts against the inclusion of a Mii more than anything.

I just thought of something, I'm sure other people thought about it before me, but I haven't read it.

Non specific action figure will DEFINITELY be in Smash Bros in some way. Character, Assist Trophy, Trophy, Stage Background, Sticker, idk but I'm sure Nintendo will put him in the game.

I would love a Waluigi spot in the game, maybe as the sports/party rep. He's the best Mario character after all, and it's blasphemy that he was snubbed from MK7. One of the many things wrong with the game.

We need a Waluigi spinoff series. I have no idea what the game would be like though.

I said before that it was ridiculous that Waluigi wasn't in MK7 but I don't want him in SSB4 roster.
Same for Daisy, it's ridiculous. These characters are just good for the Mario Spinoffs. I'd prefer a Koopa or Toad than these two.

Ryce

Non specific action figure will DEFINITELY be in Smash Bros in some way. Character, Assist Trophy, Trophy, Stage Background, Sticker, idk but I'm sure Nintendo will put him in the game.
Sakurai is going to put an action figure hastily made by Nintendo of America for a video montage in a Smash Bros. game? He probably doesn't even know what it is. An avatar bet says it won't get a single mention.

J-Tier

Yeah, Non Specific Action figure is a bit of an obscure joke/meme, little to no chance we'll be seeing him again in any medium.

Drago

I said before that it was ridiculous that Waluigi wasn't in MK7 but I don't want him in SSB4 roster.
Same for Daisy, it's ridiculous. These characters are just good for the Mario Spinoffs. I'd prefer a Koopa or Toad than these two.

I could see a Toad working as a powerhouse character (it feels weird to say that but yeah, SMB2)

Mario and the spinoff franchises have enough characters represented already, but I do think that, if they could fit one more, it should be a Toad (to round off the main cast), Waluigi (to rep the endless sports and party games), or a Mario RPG rep (GENO!!!1!1!1)

And we will not see NSAF in any shape, form, size, capacity, etc. It was a one off joke that only took off because it was one of the only somewhat bright points of the godawful 2012 E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom