• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNum

Eh, I'm not sure about tekken character.
Yoshimitsu could work, come to think of it. He has an obvious Up+B in his flying move, and a lot of other moves to pull from for a Smash character.

Plus, Namco loves to troll fan nicknames. Like how Hwoarang was called Bob until they included an actual Bob. So having Yoshimitsu alongside Yoshi will kill his nickname pretty fast, too.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
9 MORE DAYS UNTIL NINTENDO DIRECT! :D

Anyway, I would like to remind everyone about this contest.

GAF's SSB4 Prediction Contest

We are 7 days away from deadline, so I would like to urge people to post their prediction before the deadline.

tiebreakers requirement are waived but it would be nice to have if you really want to win 20 dollars.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Nintendoland!

I would like that

Also someone posted "leaked" picture in other thread. I'm not sure if it's legit.

0000351896.jpg

How would yall felt about News Super Smash Bros if it actually happened?

Yeah, I know it's more likely reference to Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS. I want to see how people felt if it's NSSB.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Yes, I know it's fake but think about it.

NEW Super Smash Bros is the title of Wii U. It would be completely reboot of the game with brand new characters, stages and items. Basically it would be their perfect excuse to ditch some of characters because it's reboot.

My only hope is the game feels faster and less floaty than Brawl did. I enjoyed Brawl for what it was but I always liked how Melee felt more. I guess i'll at least have some idea soon.
With Namco working on the game, I could see the game's speed being faster than Brawl overall. I also think Namco will push for the removal of random tripping, which was a terrible move in Brawl.
I feel like Mewtwo/Newtwo will be a Sheik/Zelda type character.
It's also possible that Mewtwo's Eclaire Form is usable as a Final Smash like how Zero Suit Samus can be accessed with a Final Smash from Samus (and vice versa).

GamePaddy-Whack

Neo Member
If were talking about stages how about atop the back of The Imprisoned one in skyward sword as he climbs up. You can even squeeze in a cameo for groose this way(may or may not fire projectiles at the stage).
I think we will see a moving Skyloft stage that lowers into this area.
Hades, Viridi and other bosses could chime in and talk to Palutena/Pit!
Cause they wouldn't be playable.
:(
I still think three Kid Icarus characters is possible. One of Nintendo's "new IPs."

Chrom

I have a request.

Does anyone have (or can make) gifs of the title screens of all three Smash games? Like what goes on at these times.

64 - 1:12
Melee - 1:22
Brawl - 1:55

J-Tier

I really hope Saki makes it in, along with Little Mac.

Me too. Would make me very happy, Little Mac in particular would make it a must buy for me. I played Mike Tyson's Punch-Out so much when I was younger, getting all the way up to Mike Tyson each and every time (and losing to him, to this day I've never beat him) but man the memories.

Village

I presume excluding classics?

The Ice climbers and game and watch cannot do that.

But everyone else , sure.

In this day an age, fighters with a lot of reps aren't that uncommon.

So yeah, those an other f-zero guy, some wario characters, throw another pikmin guy.

Maybe a 3rd mother rep.

Go nuts

qq more

Honestly, Isaac has so much potential. Despite barely playing his games, he looks like a cool character and would be a good choice for the roster. I was a little disappointed that he ended up being an AT... better than nothing I suppose.

DaBoss

Honestly, Isaac has so much potential. Despite barely playing his games, he looks like a cool character and would be a good choice for the roster. I was a little disappointed that he ended up being an AT... better than nothing I suppose.

Yea, I haven't played a GS game either and think he has a nice moveset potential.

I would like him and Ganondort to have a melee and sword focus instead of mostly sword.

SkyOdin

Isaac has a ton of movelist potential using nothing but some of the basic interaction Psynergy such as Push and Snatch. Then add on top of that all of the combat Psynergy, special weapon attacks, Djinn attacks, and summons, and he has an absolutely overwhelming amount of cool material to use for moves. If his forward smash attack doesn't involve hitting the enemy with a giant stone sword, I would be disappointed.

Me too. Would make me very happy, Little Mac in particular would make it a must buy for me. I played Mike Tyson's Punch-Out so much when I was younger, getting all the way up to Mike Tyson each and every time (and losing to him, to this day I've never beat him) but man the memories.

I don't doubt it, I have a great feeling he will be in. Since he is a really classic character, and was a hit. I honestly never got all that far, probably to like 4th character. :p

Thinking of Little Mac, how fast of a character would he be? Since Assist Trophy wise he was pretty damn fast.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I don't doubt it, I have a great feeling he will be in. Since he is a really classic character, and was a hit. I honestly never got all that far, probably to like 4th character. :p

Thinking of Little Mac, how fast of a character would he be? Since Assist Trophy wise he was pretty damn fast.

I think it will toned down if he's playable character. I would love to see Little Mac but I'm not sure about his chance to be in the game.

I hope the trailer will be full of surprises. If it reveals Palutena, King K Rool, Waluigi, Little Mac & Bayonetta, it wouldn't be fun.

NeonZ

Yes, I know it's fake but think about it.

NEW Super Smash Bros is the title of Wii U. It would be completely reboot of the game with brand new characters, stages and items. Basically it would be their perfect excuse to ditch some of characters because it's reboot.

Some of the few known news about the next Smash basically rule out a reboot. We know that they won't be changing core elements of the game, making it 3d or anything, so I don't see what would be the point of a reboot.

It'd be like the DBZ games this generation, which constantly "rebooted" for no reason even though they didn't really change much. The reboots just meant less content and some gameplay gimmicks that ended up pretty badly.

I think it will toned down if he's playable character. I would love to see Little Mac but I'm not sure what is his chance to be in the game.

Well i'm sure it will but based off of that, I think he'd be pretty fast. Especially being a short character, he's bound to be a character to take damage, with that knockback. Kind of like Sonic? But possibly stronger, and of course not as fast as him nor Capt. Falcon.

Have no doubt!

TheGannondork

Neo Member
I'm curious about how you all feel about the "Final Smash" moves, I didn't really care for them but my friends and I made sure to try them all out. I didn't play nearly as much Brawl as I played Melee but are they a big thing people enjoyed in that game? I still enjoyed them more than that 3 part dragon thing you needed to collect.

GamePaddy-Whack

Neo Member
I'm curious about how you all feel about the "Final Smash" moves, I didn't really care for them but my friends and I made sure to try them all out. I didn't play nearly as much Brawl as I played Melee but are they a big thing people enjoyed in that game? I still enjoyed them more than that 3 part dragon thing you needed to collect.
I definitely hope Final Smash moves return--or at least are replaced by something cooler. Definitely added to the game. It would be neat to see every characters get new ones, or maybe some tag-team move?

SmithnCo

I liked em, even though they really weren't balanced at all.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
9 MORE DAYS UNTIL NINTENDO DIRECT! :D

Anyway, I would like to remind everyone about this contest.

GAF's SSB4 Prediction Contest

We are 7 days away from deadline, so I would like to urge people to post their prediction before the deadline.

tiebreakers requirement are waived but it would be nice to have if you really want to win 20 dollars.

I liked em, even though they really weren't balanced at all.

Same here. It's a lot of fun with casual and hardcore players when we feel like to play w items on.

Final Smashes are a nice idea that need to be better implemented for a few reasons, the random factor and wildly fluctuating quality of them being the more obvious flaws.
Still it's always fun to bust them out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom