• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
PokéKong;60641353 said:
Waluigi represents Mario sports games, he was born of them and still mainly resides in them. I'd say he counts against the inclusion of a Mii more than anything.

Peach already kinda has that with her golf club and tennis racket, but they could go all out with Wauigi and really represent the sports/party games. And Waluigi's character really lends itself well to having a zany move set.

SkyOdin

If we got one character from Kid Icarus Uprising I would want Viridi.

But
Viridi is one of the few characters in the game who wasn't a boss fight. She has no moves!

I figure Palutena has the best shot for several reasons, but if I had to pick someone with an outside chance I would pick Phosphora or Thanatos. They are closer to Pit in rank and power and are some of the more entertaining boss fights in the game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
His games aren't that well-received. At least I thought the first was mediocre. I have no strong feelings on him either way, though to me he seems like AT material.

You imply games have to be good to be entered. Kid Icarus was awful and it took a sequel to make it play good. Dillon's one of those characters whose games were average but his design and overall world lends him a good Smash candidate.

Palutena is the only reasonable choice. She's the next most important character in the series to Pit, she's combat capable, and the series is even named after her in Japan. If we get a second Kid Icarus character, it's her, she has no real competition.

Beyond that? No. Kid Icarus as a series barely deserves two characters.

Palutena is my most wanted Smash 4 character by far.

She's extremely likable (does anyone NOT like Palutena?), she has a moveset, and her taunts would be amazing.

Drago

I think a second Kid Icarus character is a lock for the roster, at the very least. Palutena is the most likely choice, but you never know.

Wouldn't surprise me if Sakurai also tried to put a third character in, since he loves repping his own series. Subspace Emissary had a ton of Kirby love.

SkyOdin

Palutena is the only reasonable choice. She's the next most important character in the series to Pit, she's combat capable, and the series is even named after her in Japan. If we get a second Kid Icarus character, it's her, she has no real competition.

Beyond that? No. Kid Icarus as a series barely deserves two characters.

I'm tempted to argue that Kid Icarus Uprising was just so awesome that the series deserves more representation than that, but two characters (including Pit) is probably going to be it.

Fire Emblem has a decent chance of getting three character slots, though.

I think a second Kid Icarus character is a lock for the roster, at the very least. Palutena is the most likely choice, but you never know.

Wouldn't surprise me if Sakurai also tried to put a third character in, since he loves repping his own series. Subspace Emissary had a ton of Kirby love.

Sakurai's bias for his own series is overstated. Never forget it took Kirby three games to get another newcomer (even though it's a one of Nintendo's most successful and popular franchises, much moreso than Kid Icarus), when it easily deserved a newcomer in Melee. Kirby also only has one new stage in Brawl (Metroid has more for goodness sake) and while yeah, the SSE's story revolves around the actions of the three Kirby characters, it wasn't actually written by Sakurai and in terms of actual amount of screentime they don't have the lion's share.

If anything I would say Sakurai is rather humble with repping his own series.

GamePaddy-Whack

Neo Member
Palutena is my most wanted Smash 4 character by far.
She would be great!
I'm tempted to argue that Kid Icarus Uprising was just so awesome that the series deserves more representation than that, but two characters (including Pit) is probably going to be it.
I would love to see Hades though, to add villain support. He gave Kirby three characters in Brawl, so it's possible!

I'm more interested in what the Kid Icarus stage(s) will be... Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit? A stage with a Reset Bomb? Underworld?

Anth0ny

fuck it's june

smash 4 is so close

and I still can not pick 5 newcomers for a possible trailer. fuck it:

-bayonetta
-waluigi
-palutena
-pacman
-mewtwo?

fuck that's awful. surprise me sakurai.

I realise the most wanted characters are the one I want the least ! Palutena, Ridley, Waluigi, Mewtwo, Roy, Daisy, Dark Pit, King K Rool, ...

I won't start the debate again but I still think Ridley's too big. I don't think Kid Icarus is important enough to have more characters, especially if it's for a recolored clone. I don't think they should bring back old characters (or with totally new movesets).

I'd prefer totally new stuff: Layton, Ouendan/EBA, a Golden Sun rep, a Xenoblade rep, more third parties, ...

Am I the only one ?

I'm more interested in what the Kid Icarus stage(s) will be... Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit? A stage with a Reset Bomb? Underworld?

I'd like to see the exterior of the Reaper Fortress.

KIU-AreaReaperFortress01.jpg

I feel like it well represents the series as a whole and I personally dig dark stages ala Spear Pillar.

(And it's pretty obvious what the stage hazard would be!)

If were talking about stages how about atop the back of The Imprisoned one in skyward sword as he climbs up. You can even squeeze in a cameo for groose this way(may or may not fire projectiles at the stage).

Kjellson

fuck it's june

smash 4 is so close

and I still can not pick 5 newcomers for a possible trailer. fuck it:

-bayonetta
-waluigi
-palutena
-pacman
-mewtwo?

fuck that's awful. surprise me sakurai.
Shulk
Little Mac
Palutena
Ridley
Some 3rd party like Mega Man or Bayonetta

Easy.

TrueBlue

Palutena is a must for me, my fave character from Uprising. Plus we'd get Ali Hillis in her best (imo) videogame role so far, in Smash Bros!

GamerSoul

Add me in for Palutena also. She seems like she could be a fun character.

That reveal trailer better be epic. What am I saying , I know it's going to be.

Watch there be a tekken character revealed too lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom