• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are we expecting to represent Pokemon Generation V? I think going into Brawl a lot of people expected Lucario but I can't really think of a 'mon from Black/White that is the "mascot". I think Nintendo was trying to make Zoroark the main Pokemon everyone remembered from Gen V but I don't think it worked out very well, and I CERTAINLY hope it's not the one they choose for SSB. Honestly I'm kind of hoping for Axew.

I think that if they try to push anyone that'd make sense for a Smash game for PkMn grey that character would have a big shot.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to hear it, etc.

I demand proof. Blonde Dude is not Mac, he doesn't even have the same hairstyle!

Because I haven't heard of them? Keep thinking that.

http://punchout.nintendo.com/#

Go to History page, and click down to Super Punch-Out.

Other statement from other souce, (Wiki)

According to Nintendo of America, the SNES title takes place after the events of the NES and Wii titles of the series; Little Mac looks different because he was given a makeover, and his repertoire has expanded since separating from Doc Louis,

According to Nintendo of America, the SNES title takes place after the events of the NES and Wii titles of the series; Little Mac looks different because he was given a makeover, and his repertoire has expanded since separating from Doc Louis,

SuC2n.jpg

Boney

Banned
If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to hear it, etc.

I demand proof. Blonde Dude is not Mac, he doesn't even have the same hairstyle!

Because I haven't heard of them? Keep thinking that.
you're not a horrible gamer you're just a horrible person

wait no you are a horrible gamer as well

Bentendo

Here's proof for and against:

IS LITTLE MAC

- Is named "Mac" in Fight-Night Round 2, which included Super Punch-Out!! as a bonus.
- Wii Shop Channel refers to him as Little Mac.

ISN'T LITTLE MAC

- In the original game, the character is named by the player.
- A lot of times Nintendo changes the cannon of their games. It's highly possible and likely that, when released, Super Punch-Out!!'s protagonist was intended to be a unique character.
- Mac in Punch-Out!! for Wii looks like his original incarnation.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Here's proof for and against:

IS LITTLE MAC

- Is named "Mac" in Fight-Night Round 2, which included Super Punch-Out!! as a bonus.
- Wii Shop Channel refers to him as Little Mac.

ISN'T LITTLE MAC

- In the original game, the character is named by the player.
- A lot of times Nintendo changes the cannon of their games. It's highly possible and likely that, when released, Super Punch-Out!!'s protagonist was intended to be a unique character.
- Mac in Punch-Out!! for Wii looks like his original incarnation.

I agreed with your 2nd statement in ISN'T LITTLE MAC.

I recalled one of interview that one person said that Super Punch out's Main character is not Little Mac, then now Nintendo backtracked and change the canon. I think they said the time line of the Punch out is NES > Wii > SNES.

Psh, everyone knows this is the true sequel to the Little Mac story:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiBER4iVwCw

Gravijah

He's one of my favorite Pokemon. This might have to do with him being designed by a Westerner though.

EDIT: AH DAMN, forgot I posted already.

racist! ;o

but seriously, i think james turners designs are pretty cool. i love golurk, i think mandibuzz is great and i don't really mind vanillish.

Lindbergh

I agreed with your 2nd statement in ISN'T LITTLE MAC.

I recalled one of interview that one person said that Super Punch out's Main character is not Little Mac, then now Nintendo backtracked and change the canon. I think they said the time line of the Punch out is NES > Wii > SNES.

Oh no, the last thing a Nintendo series needs is a canonical timeline debate.
(What about the arcade games?)

RoboShmup

Banned
I'll be honest. I'd love to see Starfy as a character. I made a massively detailed movelist for him back in the day. He's just so...
Qsb3tl.jpg

NeonZ

I think Nintendo was trying to make Zoroark the main Pokemon everyone remembered from Gen V but I don't think it worked out very well, and I CERTAINLY hope it's not the one they choose for SSB. Honestly I'm kind of hoping for Axew.

They could go with the Gray cover legendary in his very likely new form, or maybe the female Pokemon Trainer from Black & White (Hilda) + the 3 Black & White starters. She could still be a completely unique character from Pokemon Trainer/Red, in spite of using the switch mechanic. They did let both Marth and Ike have counters to represent Fire Emblem's counter attacks. Although... the switch mechanic in general needs some kind of make over to make using the Pokemon Trainer character worthwhile in the first place, but without just turning him into Zelda/Sheik, who can stay in a single form during the entire battle.

PKMN Trainer is a fucking ingenious character design. They better not change him- give him an RBY alt costumes, plus female alt, and leave him be.

NeonZ

That's exactly the design I had for him before Brawl came out. You can imagine how I felt when Pokemon Trainer was introduced in the Dojo.

PKMN Trainer is a fucking ingenious character design. They better not change him- give him an RBY alt costumes, plus female alt, and leave him be.

I always thought it was "off" the way Pokemon was basically the only series in Smash without its actual main character playable, just the "mascot" and a few other fan favorites. So, I was happy to his inclusion in Brawl.

I play for fun with the Pokemon Trainer fairly often, but I do feel like they could improve the implementation of the Pokemon change mechanic...

SmithnCo

Nikki obscuring your screen with doodles would be funny.

Or if there is a Mii-heavy OS inspired level have Swapnote stuff be part of it like the Pictochat stage.

leroidys

You can turn final smashes off...

Turning them off balances them?

I like the idea. I love the mad dash for the smash ball, the way it changes the match in an instant when it randomly appears. I hate turning off any of the items, no matter how annoying generally. The thing is, curry or the hammer is the same for whoever picks it up.

Final smashes are just so, so poorly balanced. And it becomes extremely apparent within your first couple hours of the game. There is just no excuse for them reaching release in that state. It's not like they threw them in late in development - they were shown off in the very first trailer IIRC.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The game needs some nice alt costume though. No, not color palette references, but actual alt costumes (without the need to remove a character). Kinda disappointed that only Wario got that treatment in Brawl. Like for instance, miniskirt Peach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom