• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

Bowser

My 3 main teams on a bye? Wtf :/
No nfl for me this week.

tumblr_mbrbcnxpa81rg2rf7o1_500.gif

LJ11

[/IMG]

I kind of feel like this is a nice summation of the Rams offense. In addition to Bradford's issues, they have WRs that just can't beat press consistently. No receiver is a yard downfield, while Wake is already 5 yards in the backfield. This is what really kills them in the RZ. They don't pick up blitzes well and the receivers don't win off the LOS

[/IMG]

This is the sack that I thought was a bit worse than it was. It took a 63 yard FG and made in 66 yards. But it's not hard to see why. First read was to the offensive left in the slot. Pettis is obviously stuffed. Second read is Richardson who has an LB all over him. 3 step drop, first read stuffed, second read stuffed, sack. Whenever they bring in the new QB they better bring in WRs that can beat press man or that QB is going to look like crap too

GB brutalized the WRs last year. They basically played them like they did HOU where the DBs never turned an ran b/c they knew the WRs couldn't beat the press and get deep before the OL gave it up. The Rams can get yards, but they are always going to struggle to get points with the current offensive roster

When discussing WRs, especially during the amateur draft, route running is one of the most overrated talking points. Yes, it's important, but actually releasing consistently is just as important. Route running doesn't matter if you can't get into the route.

At least more college teams are in press man now than in the past.

Edit: You can motion guys around and try to hide it but it catches up to you eventually.

Tabris

If anyone says this guy is like Tabris one more time I am going to FLIP.

My 2 team selection of DEN and NYG at least makes sense. Cheering on competing teams is just crazy.

ari

Banned
It's hard being a fan when you hate the QB.
Cutler is better then any QB we had in....like ever. No one in the world, or atleast in Chicago, thinks his off and on field persona matters when he help win games.

Perhaps, you might just not be a bears fan, or perhaps you prefer shittier journeyman QBs we were dealt with for an entire decade.

DMczaf

Does Madden let you pick more than 1 favorite team when you boot it up? No. Because you don't have more than 1 favorite team!

Tabris

Does Madden let you pick more than 1 favorite team when you boot it up? No. Because you don't have more than 1 favorite team!

I don't have a favourite team. I have 2 favourite players that play for 2 teams that are now my teams.

You can't expect me to pick one of my Mannings. That's like asking a kid to pick which parent he wants to live with. I want joint custody!

Mr.Swag

Banned

Idk, but I enjoy watching very few other teams besides than Dolphins. Denver and Atlanta are some of the only others I enjoy.

squicken

When discussing WRs, especially during the amateur draft, route running is one of the most overrated talking points. Yes, it's important, but actually releasing consistently is just as important. Route running doesn't matter if you can't get into the route.

At least more college teams are in press man now than in the past.

Edit: You can motion guys around and try to hide it but it catches up to you eventually.

The guy they took at the top of the second, Quick, is awful. He kind of looks a little doughy, doesn't know how to recognize hot routes, and doesn't attack the ball. The RB they took at the end of the 2nd, Pead, has like 13 snaps all year. Scott Wells was hurt when they signed him and still is. Very little faith in their ability to find offensive talent.

I'm also starting to see why lil Schotty has his detractors. I love the coaches tape. You can see where there will be vast expanses of open space with no receivers in the area, b/c they are within 5 yards of each other being covered by one defender in a zone

The guy they took at the top of the second, Quick, is awful. He kind of looks a little doughy, doesn't know how to recognize hot routes, and doesn't attack the ball. The RB they took at the end of the 2nd, Pead, has like 13 snaps all year. Scott Wells was hurt when they signed him and still is. Very little faith in their ability to find offensive talent.

I'm also starting to see why lil Schotty has his detractors. I love the coaches tape. You can see where there will be vast expanses of open space with no receivers in the area, b/c they are within 5 yards of each other being covered by one defender in a zone

at least your 1st and 2nd rounder has seen the field! niners 1st/2nd rounders haven't touched the field, we traded our 3rd, our 4th rounder has suited up but hasn't seen the field, our 5th rounder is out for the year, one of our 6th rounders has contributed on special teams, the other cut, one 7th rounder is on the practice squad.

overall a great draft for the niners!

Fox318

If anyone says this guy is like Tabris one more time I am going to FLIP.

My 2 team selection of DEN and NYG at least makes sense. Cheering on competing teams is just crazy.

You don't have a favorite team.

You have a favorite seed.

squicken

at least your 1st and 2nd rounder has seen the field! niners 1st/2nd rounders haven't touched the field, we traded our 3rd, our 4th rounder has suited up but hasn't seen the field, our 5th rounder is out for the year, one of our 6th rounders has contributed on special teams, the other cut, one 7th rounder is on the practice squad.

overall a great draft for the niners!

haha I saw that on Sando's blog. I figured it was b/c you guys were sp stacked you didn't need any contributions from the rookies. STL didn't even score 200 points last year. You'd think they could use the reinforcements.

And to be fair, Richardson and Givens each have 3 plays each over 40 yards. I really like Givens. Might be too small to be outside but he's getting better every week

Trasher

I should have stuck you with a Ray Rice avatar after our game. You love that guy. Ravens did their part, I just never made the bet.

Also, I saw you say the Ravens aren't scary anymore and you're not worried. Hey, I agree with you. But I keep wanting to think the Patriots are good, but you keep losing games.

Now, you want scary?

68666B68-5D26-4701-868E-EAD77456B1E8-5698-00000121438AA1FA.jpg

Did a first grader make this in MS paint? What the fuck

Milchjon

Popeyes is pretty fantastic.

I like the way my wife makes fried chicken more but we rarely have time for that.

Fuck now I want fried chicken.

I think the only people horrible enough to hate fried chicken would be Pats fans. Even Raven fans love it (the difference being that they steal it at knifepoint unlike most people who pay for it).

Now you've stepped over the line, man. That's like accusing the Gator of not being a true Jags fan. You just don't do that shit. I travelled half the world for Popeye's!!!

The last part is actually kind of true

Mindlog

A falcon riding a dolphin riding a horse.
Searching...
Searching...
Searching...
Goggle Image Search Complete.

This is your new team.

linkboy

haha I saw that on Sando's blog. I figured it was b/c you guys were sp stacked you didn't need any contributions from the rookies. STL didn't even score 200 points last year. You'd think they could use the reinforcements.

And to be fair, Richardson and Givens each have 3 plays each over 40 yards. I really like Givens. Might be too small to be outside but he's getting better every week

No, the 49ers special teams are stinking it up this year (outside of Andy Lee). They let the two best ST guys they had go (Blake Constanzo and Colin Jones). Akers was automatic last season, not this year.

Posting slightly drunk but my thoughts on the Seahawks:

If Wilson can at least help get some points on the board for us that aren't FGs, I'll respect him as the QB. Last week was decent, but NE doesn't have the kind of D that the 49ers have.

Win or lose, if he manages to do some positives, then I think I'll be happy with him.

Troll

Banned
Posting slightly drunk but my thoughts on the Seahawks:

If Wilson can at least help get some points on the board for us that aren't FGs, I'll respect him as the QB. Last week was decent, but NE doesn't have the kind of D that the 49ers have.

Win or lose, if he manages to do some positives, then I think I'll be happy with him.

I like him. My wife is a Seahawks fan, so I root for them.

Troll

Banned
Multiteam supporting people are the worst kind of people. Sort yourself out.

Man, you are really going to hate me.

My team is Denver. But I root for Seattle (as I posted), I also root for Washington because of Mike Shanahan and Chicago because of Cutler.

cajunator

Banned
Man, you are really going to hate me.

My team is Denver. But I root for Seattle (as I posted), I also root for Washington because of Mike Shanahan and Chicago because of Cutler.

I can sort of understand the teams with ex Denver staff and players but the Seahawks is inexcuseable.

Troll

Banned
I can sort of understand the teams with ex Denver staff and players but the Seahawks is inexcuseable.

Okay maybe this will help. I hate the '9ers. I live in California so by default everyone here is a Niner fan. It gives me a team in the div to talk shit for two times a season. This season especially it's been really fun, these Niner people talk as if Alex Smith is the second coming of Joseph Smith or something.

e: Fuck it, I'll avy bet right now that the Hawks beat the Niners Thursday.

You guys haven't beat a team with a winning record yet and it wont start this week, that's for damn sure.

cajunator

Banned
Okay maybe this will help. I hate the '9ers. I live in California so by default everyone here is a Niner fan. It gives me a team in the div to talk shit for two times a season. This season especially it's been really fun, these Niner people talk as if Alex Smith is the second coming of Joseph Smith or something.

I agree about the niners.

Top Bottom