• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why is Charles Barkley on CBS pregame?

"Whipping is something we do all the time. Every black parent is going to be in jail under those circumstances." -- Charles Barkley

jbug617

Banned
@AroundTheNFL: Per @RapSheet on GameDay Morning: 49ers not hiding behind due process w/ Ray McDonald. They believe his version. Will cut him if he's lying.

Don't expect the Niners to do anything

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Well, there's our news story for the week. Charles not calling that child abuse. Rome appropriately calling him out.

Don't expect the Niners to do anything

I never did.

aldon-smith-mug-2013.jpg

This has been an upside-down bizarro week in the National Football League.

I just want to get to the games.

(And they got Barkley up before 4 PM, yall should've known he was gonna spout some foolishness)

Talon

This is so fucking weird.

Cris Carter spitting some harsh truth this mornings about respect and wives and children.

And then Ray Lewis starts speaking about something something fathers and mothers and parenting and blah blah stab.

Talon

Why is Charles Barkley on CBS pregame?

"Whipping is something we do all the time. Every black parent is going to be in jail under those circumstances." -- Charles Barkley
...and...the story has officially been hijacked.

Thanks, Charles.

Talamius

This is so fucking weird.

Cris Carter spitting some harsh truth this mornings about respect and wives and children.

And then Ray Lewis starts speaking about something something fathers and mothers and parenting and blah blah stab.

It's really hard for me to take ESPN seriously when you have Ray sitting there.

effzee

I know I know LOL Ray Lewis but jokes aside, he is right.

He fucked up so he isn't hiding from it. But his comments about getting so much from football and whether you want to be or not, you are a role model and since you are given so much much is expected back from you.

I mean all of these guys have made good points.

I missed Boomer's segment. Any link to something online?

Plinko

Seriously. Somehow Ray managed to turn this into Fox News Channel-worthy rant about parents.

It was nearly incomprehensible. It was like he forgot was he was talking about twice as he continued.

Around The NFL ‏@AroundTheNFL · 13m
Per @RapSheet on GameDay Morning: 49ers not hiding behind due process w/ Ray McDonald. They believe his version. Will cut him if he's lying.

This could really backfire. Why risk it?

I'm ready for the 49ers to be embarrassed yet again

CrankyJay

Banned
I know I know LOL Ray Lewis but jokes aside, he is right.

He fucked up so he isn't hiding from it. But his comments about getting so much from football and whether you want to be or not, you are a role model and since you are given so much much is expected back from you.

I mean all of these guys have made good points.

I missed Boomer's segment. Any link to something online?

What do you mean Lewis isnt hiding from it? Dude should be behind bars.

Steve Reed ‏@SteveReedAP 3m
Panthers spoeksman told the AP that the Hardy decision was not injury related. Team has no comment. Rivera to address after the game.

All speculation, but I'm gonna guess that if it was up to him, Hardy would be playing. Coaches aren't generally down with intentionally doing something that makes their team worse, especially in a results-oriented business like the NFL.

Will be interesting to hear that statement. Especially if they lose today

effzee

Didn't Jim Rome also beat up his wife? David Stern once brought that up right?

It shouldn't be that if you made a mistake in the past you are not qualified to talk about it. I feel like Ray Lewis is perfectly capable of talking about this and from both sides. It is more about how the ones who mess up and the league address the act moving forward.

The NFL can have the strictest policies, a true zero tolerance policy, and there will still be guys who drive drunk, beat up women, or do even worse. Its how you react to it. Being proactive vs reactive.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I get that Barkley is saying that in many black households that there's a lot more physical punishment but did he even see the photos?

Cbs jus called lambo field : "The house that Brett built"

Somewhere Bart Starr felt the need to spontaneously laugh.

Charles Barkley has carte blanche to walk on any sports show. You guys should know this.

Dude has charisma coming out the asshole and isn't afraid to speak his mind. He's TV gold. The Bob Hope of sports.

Didn't Jim Rome also beat up his wife? David Stern once brought that up right?

This is why I truly can't hate Stern. They were doing an interview segment, it was starting to get heated (of course because Rome), and Stern just said "have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

effzee

I get that Barkley is saying that in many black households that there's a lot more physical punishment but did he even see the photos?

Yeah and a lot of the black former players on ESPN said the same. They have been through the exact same branch physical punishment.

The point isn't whether its been done before or not, but that this is beyond normal discipline even if you prescribe to hitting your kids. Seeing the pictures seals the deal. A lot of people are getting defensive because they either do that to their kids or had it done to them. You want to hit kids fine, but there is fine line between hitting and abuse.

I can't even imagine hitting a child but sure a small slap on the backside here and there. But this is child abuse.

Want to see the Boomer rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom