• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doorman

Feels good to be 1-0. Then again it was against the Giants so it doesn't feel that good. Show me a road win at Carolina before I start buying any improvement hype.

In other news, my resolve continues weakening in my quest to resist buying a Destiny PS4 bundle. I have a really hard time justifying to myself purchasing a whole new console just to play one game on it when I don't feel totally confident that there are other games on the way I'll be into, but conceptually Destiny seems right up my alley and I'm afraid of touching my backlog because it might topple over and crush me to death. Dammit.

I went to Gamestop to pick up Destiny today, had it already paid off, they have my money, they've had it for like 3 months, and they STILL tried and sell me like 3 different things before I left. First they wanted to sell me some kind of game insurance for $3. Then they wanted me to preorder Call of Duty so that I could get some exclusive Destiny content (I still don't understand that I just said no thanks) and then they wanted to sell me a Destiny season pass. It never ends with these fucks.

Fox318

I went to Gamestop to pick up Destiny today, had it already paid off, they have my money, they've had it for like 3 months, and they STILL tried and sell me like 3 different things before I left. First they wanted to sell me some kind of game insurance for $3. Then they wanted me to preorder Call of Duty so that I could get some exclusive Destiny content (I still don't understand that I just said no thanks) and then they wanted to sell me a Destiny season pass. It never ends with these fucks.
But from Amazon, local stores, or direct online.

they did the samething to me. the guy said that even if i don't like call of duty i could still pre-order it, get the DLC or whatever it is, and change my pre-order. he then said that the season pass for destiny at GS is $15 cheaper than it is on psn (not sure if that's true or not).

on one hand it's annoying as fuck but i also know these guys are just doing what they are instructed to do by gamestop

But from Amazon, local stores, or direct online.

I normally do Amazon but Gamestop was having a deal around E3 time where they gave like an extra 30% on trade-ins towards any big E3 preorders. I ended up trading in Killzone and I think AssCreed and a couple of PS3 games and got Destiny outright. I think I'll just stick with amazon in the future though.

Destiny is "aight".

Kinda underwhelming.

Very pretty. Good sound. Good shooting. Overall very well designed on a technical-aesthetics level.

Loot sucks (almost no drops and the stuff you get often isn't distinct), story sucks. Dialogue sucks.

Despite this I'm still enjoying it a lot in coop.

any other niners fans shocked/surprised by how much playing time aaron lynch got? i didn't realize how involved he was until i'm reading through the game summary on webzone.

Patrick-Willis-INT_-Aaron-Lynch-Pressure-01.0.0.gif

Aaron-Lynch-Tip-01.0.0.gif

Justin-Smith-Sack-02.0.0.gif

that's a pretty good day for a 5th round pick that people called a reach and might not even make the team

any other niners fans shocked/surprised by how much playing time aaron lynch got? i didn't realize how involved he was until i'm reading through the game summary on webzone.

Patrick-Willis-INT_-Aaron-Lynch-Pressure-01.0.0.gif

Aaron-Lynch-Tip-01.0.0.gif

Justin-Smith-Sack-02.0.0.gif

that's a pretty good day for a 5th round pick that people called a reach and might not even make the team

I missed the game but one of my buddies in Seattle was texting me saying that Aaron Lynch might scare him if he plays this well again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom