• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

Tamanon

Banned
35+ completions is an insanely high stat in a regular game. I don't see how it's a surprise it's a rarity in a playoff game.

Just take the L, you already said you pulled it out your ass. It's okay to be wrong occasionally!

35+ completions is an insanely high stat in a regular game. I don't see how it's a surprise it's a rarity in a playoff game.

Just take the L, you already said you pulled it out your ass. It's okay to be wrong occasionally!

I was right though! It doesn't matter how rare it is!

I doubt the point matters though, volume of passes in the Super Bowl are clearly trending upward with just a cursory look.

Umm...yeah that would have been very helpful. XD

I mean 35+ completed passes is very hard to pull off even if the QB was having a great game in the regular season. Doing it in the playoffs is even more difficult.

Noted, doesn't at all contradict what I said. Not to mention unless you're Flacco like Chris mentioned, incomplete passes do not contribute to winning.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Umm...yeah that would have been very helpful. XD

I mean 35+ completed passes is very hard to pull off even if the QB was having a great game in the regular season. Doing it in the playoffs is even more difficult.

Just wait until Matt Stafford plays in an Owl!

Hunter S.

Without Montee Ball the Broncos are going to run by commitee just like I thought. No relying on a single back unless one proves vastly superior.

I am welcoming this change to old form after Ball turned out to barely run average.

BigAT

Just wait until Matt Stafford plays in an Owl!

2WnTFQQ.jpg

Hate to see a great player go down, but the Panthers needed a break during these next 5 games. If we can steal a win in Cincy vs an injury depleted Bengals team, it gives us a much better chance of getting to November above .500.

Considering the Panthers are missing 750 players and half of the dudes who are there are on their last legs, claims of injury luck ring hollow for me.

Crisco

Banned

Hunter S.

The Broncos better not get cocky against the Jets with the numbers the Jets have put out.

The Jets rank 32nd in yardage per pass play (5.14), 31st in percentage of passes to gain a first down (28.0) and are one of five teams whose quarterbacks have thrown more interceptions than touchdown passes

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-a...ss-paths/d073d96a-145f-438a-b902-2cd62a42d1db

Really looking forward to seeing how Decker does against the Broncos. He will be covered by Chris Harris who covered him in practice when Decker was a Bronco. I think Decker will not have a great game as he never wanted to leave Denver in the first place.

RBH

In the strongest terms yet about the prospect of luring professional football back to Los Angeles, Mayor Eric Garcetti says an NFL team is "highly likely" to come to the city in the next year.

On Thursday's "Ask the Mayor" segment on radio station KNX, Garcetti said that though the city doesn't want to subsidize a stadium, he thinks the NFL is "finally interested" in Los Angeles again.

According to multiple media reports, NFL team owners received an update on the LA situation from league executives at the league's annual fall meetings in Manhattan this week.

New York Giants co-owner Steve Tisch told the Los Angeles Times that there were references in the meetings to potential new locations, including a couple in the Carson area of south Los Angeles County.

"It hasn't gone backwards, but it hasn't gone forwards," Tisch said.

Los Angeles hasn't had an NFL franchise since the Raiders and the Rams left after the 1994 season.

On Friday, the Los Angeles City Council's Economic Development Committee considers a six-month extension of an agreement with developer Anschutz Entertainment Group to find a NFL team to play at a downtown stadium. The 2-year-old deal is scheduled to expire next week.

Under the terms of the extension, AEG officials would have until April to find a team, according to a report released Thursday by the city policy analysts. If the company lands a team, it would likely receive an additional six months -- or until Oct. 16, 2015 -- to finish negotiating a three-party agreement involving AEG, the city and the NFL, the Times said.

Garcetti and Councilman Curren Price, who heads the committee, have said they support the extension.

The extension proposal is scheduled to go before the full council on Tuesday.
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/...-says-highly-likely-nfl-team-come-los-angeles

bionic77

Yeah we have the match ups to win, but I already know how it's going to go, we will come out flat, our D will keep us in the game, the offense will finally get it together only for the defense to collapse.
WTF?

That is Tomlins formula you thieving bastards.

Come up with your own system and stop stealing from us!

jakncoke

Banned
Why do I always read comments on these stories. I love that quote of "well it hasn't gone backwards but it hasn't gone forward" uh so you got Jack shit then ok!

For laughter, comment sections on articles of any subject/site and youtube are the most insane drivel and mostly always wrong and gata or ignorant level. Its sad and hilarious for humanity really.

Top Bottom