• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

Milchjon

I hope a dog shows up on your doorstop in a basket.

squeeeee

tumblr_mjwkq0yp7q1s3peh7o1_400.gif

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 8m8 minutes ago

Jonathan Stewart's right knee is heavily wrapped.. He is going through drills to see if he can play. Game time decision, but I am skeptic...

Darrin Reaves and Obi-Wan Kenobi backfield for another week, it appears.

ShaneB

Well I dont care to talk about games anymore, but nice to see my controller comments sparked some debate. Good times.

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to the fellow Canucks.

I'm still undecided what the heck I'm going to do today since I'll be at relatives for dinner. Chiefs on a bye worked out great, so it was pretty much just RedZone for me, but kinda stinks it'll be interrupted when I make my way over there. Ah well.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
We should make a rule to never say that guy's name in here. lol

Living outside of Cleveland it's unfortunate he's one of the few people I can follow to get Browns updates.

Grossi, Mary Kay, Will Burge, Nate Ulrich

2 of those people are just terrible. And Will Burge at least has stopped posting about cruising for college poon.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
BROWNS UPDATE!

Kruger and Haden are active!

But Terrance West is inactive and a healthy scratch. :eek:

RB Glenn Winston is active

Will Burge @WillBurge
West being inactive & Winston getting the nod means a heavy emphasis on special teams this week and possibly the foreseeable future #Browns

Doorman

Ladies, gentlemen, and otherkin...it is gameday.

I enter today with my usual mix of intrigue, excitement, and extreme skepticism. At the start of the year I expected us to beat the Vikings on the road and lose to them at home later down the road, because the Lions are just weird like that. But no Calvin and no Reggie means that we'll need other skill players to really step up, especially at receiver, and outside of Golden Tate I can't really see that happening. It's going to be a tough one.

One of the reasons I rarely play my PS3 and haven't purchased a PS4 is because I don't like the controllers. Not sure I'd go so far as to say they suck. I did manage to complete Last of Us. But I prefer the 360 or Xbone controller.

Also, mouse & kb for the Master Race of course.

My wife made strombolis on opening day when the Steelers eked out the win against the Browns, so they're back on the menu today.

Maybe they should be called Superstitious Strombolis.

jakncoke

Banned
STEELERS INACTIVES VS. BROWNS

QB - Landry Jones

WR - Martavis Bryant

CB - Ike Taylor

S - Shamarko Thomas

LB - Ryan Shazier

DL - Daniel McCullers

G - Chris Hubbard

We cut Wes Johnson and promote Ross Ventrone yesterday

I enter today with my usual mix of intrigue, excitement, and extreme skepticism. At the start of the year I expected us to beat the Vikings on the road and lose to them at home later down the road, because the Lions are just weird like that. But no Calvin and no Reggie means that we'll need other skill players to really step up, especially at receiver, and outside of Golden Tate I can't really see that happening. It's going to be a tough one.

Vikes without AP have ... who? I guess I've assumed the Vikes are bottom tier this season since all the fiasco.

That being said, it is the Lolions so who knows!

Hunter S.

Nah you lot call it soccer. Playing qualifications for the next european championships. Don't support any Nfl team. i liked Washington though cause i watch a lot of RG3 when he was at Baylor. But yh i dislike the pats like most ppl

We forgive you for disgracing our sport of football by not calling soccer soccer. Only...... Only........ because you are not another German Patriots drone.

WedgeX

Banned

If it weren't for Bell's concussion last week, I'd feel alright. But now...doooooooooom.

Milchjon

STEELERS INACTIVES VS. BROWNS

QB - Landry Jones

WR - Martavis Bryant

CB - Ike Taylor

S - Shamarko Thomas

LB - Ryan Shazier

DL - Daniel McCullers

G - Chris Hubbard

We cut Wes Johnson and promote Ross Ventrone yesterday

Ross Ventrone is Dutch's favorite player.

Doorman

Vikes without AP have ... who? I guess I've assumed the Vikes are bottom tier this season since all the fiasco.

That being said, it is the Lolions so who knows!

That is naturally a large part of my trepidation. Ponder chunked it up with the Vikes last week, but two games back, with Teddy Bridgewater at the helm (who is back today), this is a team that threw 42 points up on the Falcons. I could see Asiago Cheese or whatever his name is sneaking his way past our D-line every once in a while, and without Stafford's biggest security blanket in Calvin out, I expect an interception or two out of him, and a lot of indecision, which will throw offensive timing off.

If the Lions (Stafford in particular) comes anywhere close to what they should be capable of on paper, we should win this pretty easily, even on the road, even without Megatron. But...you never know exactly which Lions will show up and I see this one being more of a bogged-down slugfest like the last few games.

Godslay

Banned
One of the reasons I rarely play my PS3 and haven't purchased a PS4 is because I don't like the controllers. Not sure I'd go so far as to say they suck. I did manage to complete Last of Us. But I prefer the 360 or Xbone controller.

Also, mouse & kb for the Master Race of course.

My wife made strombolis on opening day when the Steelers eked out the win against the Browns, so they're back on the menu today.

Maybe they should be called Superstitious Strombolis.

If you could just combine the two consoles you'd have a machine that would be legendary.

Xbone controller and Xbox system software/OS.

Xbox Live Infrastructure (Azure is the shit, I don't care what anyone says).

PS4 Horsepower and hardware.

PS4 1st party library, and some of the more obscure 3rd support.

Still wouldn't stack up to the PC world, but goddamit if it wouldn't be the best console of all time.

The shitty part is I doubt we will ever see or anything like it. MS will never have the support that Sony has in terms of 1st and 3rd party, and Sony's Infrastructure will never be as good as Azure. Competition is good though, should keep both companies pushing each other.

Just watched the Civ: Beyond Earth extended trailer. Looks soooo good. The Affinities system looks like it basically requires at least one playthrough per affinity.

That being said, my fucking backlog (ahem: library) is already beyond comprehension. I'll probably wait for the holiday sale and pick it up a little cheaper than the Oct 24th $50.

I also need to make sure my two year old laptop can play it, but Civ games usually have pretty low specs. It's about the gameplay!

I misspoke earlier Forrest Whittaker will start in the backfield alongside Obi-Wan.

Thomas Davis and Greg Olsen are active for the Panthers, AJ Green and Marvin Jones are inactive for the Bengals.

Expect a heavy dose of Gio Bernard for all of his fantasy owners.

Doorman

If you could just combine the two consoles you'd have a machine that would be legendary.

Still wouldn't stack up to the PC world, but goddamit if it wouldn't be the best console of all time.

The shitty part is I doubt we will ever see or anything like it. MS will never have the support that Sony has in terms of 1st and 3rd party, and Sony's Infrastructure will never be as good as Azure. Competition is good though, should keep both companies pushing each other.

Throw in a Wii U Pro Controller instead of the Xbox one and you might have me on board.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Just watched the Civ: Beyond Earth extended trailer. Looks soooo good. The Affinities system looks like it basically requires at least one playthrough per affinity.

That being said, my fucking backlog (ahem: library) is already beyond comprehension. I'll probably wait for the holiday sale and pick it up a little cheaper than the Oct 24th $50.

I also need to make sure my two year old laptop can play it, but Civ games usually have pretty low specs. It's about the gameplay!

Yeah. I can't resist a Firaxis game. I think I might try to use my 50+ extra Humble keys to get it somehow.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Ebron needs to step up, Theo Riddick has a chance to have a breakout in only his second season and hopefully Ryan Broyles gets some targets.

This is going to be a tough game but I think we win. No matter what a road game against a divisional opponent, especially outdoors, is going to be tough.

Edit: Oh yeah, we finally have a NFL kicker.

Throw in a Wii U Pro Controller instead of the Xbox one and you might have me on board.

In what could only be called the Godslay Console, the big N would realize the futility of continuing the Wiiner line and would become a software developer, bringing over all their 1st party awesomeness.

Ebron needs to step up, Theo Riddick has a chance to have a breakout in only his second season and hopefully Ryan Broyles gets some targets.

This is going to be a tough game but I think we win. No matter what a road game against a divisional opponent, especially outdoors, is going to be tough.

Edit: Oh yeah, we finally have a NFL kicker.

There are two things that are absolutely certain.

One: Stafford will at some point shit the bed.

Two: Rather than focus on the pile of shit he's left in the bed, you will provide us with the size of the mattress, the dimensions of the headboard, the threadcount on the sheets, etc.

I'm just waiting on the day consoles get smart and give us the option to build our own systems with stronger parts. That will be the only way they can hope to compete with PC. with that being said I'll always play console over PC

Top Bottom