• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

Tom Penny

Listening to the radio, got some interesting stats. The Lions are 1-4 against teams that made the playoffs this year, which we all know. More surprising: the Lions offense averaged 10.4 points per game in those five matches.

GB Win 19 to 7
CAR Loss 7 to 24
ARZ Loss 6 to 14
NE Loss 9 to 34
GB Loss 20 to 30
(The defense scored 9 of the 19 points in that GB win)

This offense is trash. I'm hyped for the Dallas game, I think we can win (dome+Dallas' bad pass defense)...but I'm not expecting a win.

Sounds like they need to get Stafford some weapons.

eznark

Banned
Listening to the radio, got some interesting stats. The Lions are 1-4 against teams that made the playoffs this year, which we all know. More surprising: the Lions offense averaged 10.4 points per game in those five matches.

GB Win 19 to 7
CAR Loss 7 to 24
ARZ Loss 6 to 14
NE Loss 9 to 34
GB Loss 20 to 30
(The defense scored 9 of the 19 points in that GB win)

This offense is trash. I'm hyped for the Dallas game, I think we can win (dome+Dallas' bad pass defense)...but I'm not expecting a win.

Telling you that all year

LeonSPBR

carnac.jpg

Whoever made that is a good man!

#GoHawks

#GoHawks

Telling you that all year

True, true.

Obviously the o-line has been a disaster and contributes to Stafford/the offense looking like dog shit...but I think the bigger problem was Lombardi being unwilling or unable to adjust. Last year we pretty much had the same o-line, but Stafford was getting the ball out significantly faster on short routes. That opened things up for shots downfield. This year the routes are longer, and the o-line isn't giving Stafford time.

I notice a lot of Stafford defenders on the radio, Lions reddit, etc...but if he blows the game on Sunday I really think we'll see a shift. Dallas is not a good defensive team, Stafford has torched them over the last couple years...he really doesn't have an excuse to not play well. If we lose and Stafford plays good/great? He'll get a reprieve from a lot of people who will continue defending him. Hell, the diehards (Kas) will defend him if he's average. But if he stinks up the joint I really think that will be the beginning of the end.

Remember, we're lucky as fuck to be here. If Atlanta had a decent coach we would have lost that London game, that's just a fact. The other comebacks could have gone either way, just as our Buffalo loss could have been a win. Lots of fluky shit happened. Next year...Megatron will be a year older, Suh will hopefully be gone...it could be a 7-9 type affair. At which point I think we'll have to draft a QB.

Bread

Banned
I agree dutchy, #FucktheHawks! Sorry rando, not sorry cdy fuck you too biiiiiiiiitch!

Ok fine sorry cdy and rando, but fuck you gata!

Colasante

Jeffrey Lurie announces new structural change for the #Eagles: Howie Roseman elevated to Executive VP of Football Ops.

Coach Kelly will oversee player personnel department and lead efforts to hire a new personnel executive, a process that begins immediately.

If that's what all the hubbub was about, I'm disappointed.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Philadelphia Eagles @Eagles
Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Lurie announces new structural change for the #Eagles: Howie Roseman elevated to Executive VP of Football Ops.

Philadelphia Eagles @Eagles
Coach Kelly will oversee player personnel department and lead efforts to hire a new personnel executive, a process that begins immediately.

Gata starting out 2015 strong. He'll ruin that quickly, no doubt.

What the hell is the Serial Podcast?
An examination of a case in the 90s where a guy was convicted of murder, produced by the Liberal jizzrags at NPR.

You should listen to it and discover the rest for yourself.

True, true.

Obviously the o-line has been a disaster and contributes to Stafford/the offense looking like dog shit...but I think the bigger problem was Lombardi being unwilling or unable to adjust. Last year we pretty much had the same o-line, but Stafford was getting the ball out significantly faster on short routes. That opened things up for shots downfield. This year the routes are longer, and the o-line isn't giving Stafford time.

I notice a lot of Stafford defenders on the radio, Lions reddit, etc...but if he blows the game on Sunday I really think we'll see a shift. Dallas is not a good defensive team, Stafford has torched them over the last couple years...he really doesn't have an excuse to not play well. If we lose and Stafford plays good/great? He'll get a reprieve from a lot of people who will continue defending him. Hell, the diehards (Kas) will defend him if he's average. But if he stinks up the joint I really think that will be the beginning of the end.

Remember, we're lucky as fuck to be here. If Atlanta had a decent coach we would have lost that London game, that's just a fact. The other comebacks could have gone either way, just as our Buffalo loss could have been a win. Lots of fluky shit happened. Next year...Megatron will be a year older, Suh will hopefully be gone...it could be a 7-9 type affair. At which point I think we'll have to draft a QB.

Yeah going back the Buffalo game hurt us.

Bowser

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 12m12 minutes ago
My @NFLonFOX scoop: @49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman interviewed for same position today with @TBBuccaneers

The Roman-ution will (not) be televised!

So Chip Kelly is now GM and head coach while Roseman is strictly the money guy?

qPtriLn.png

Yeah Chip can add more standouts like Marcus Smith to the roster

MechDX

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro · 24s24 seconds ago
Chip should re-hire Tom Gamble and run around NovaCare laughing maniacally.

That's a lot of head coaching talent in Tampa, if that pans out.

It would be good timing considering the Saints and Falcons are on their way out.

Top Bottom