• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

Chip Kelley:

"I’ve heard questions that I want control...That has never been an issue. ...I’m a football coach. I’m not a GM."

“I’m not a GM. I’m not a salary cap guy. I don’t want all those titles. I want to coach FB.’’

Loss? We can't hold a bigger L than having a rookie NFL QB Coach become our OC several days before the start of the season.

well then we will take mike evans in exchange for letting you have our 3 times NFC championship appearance, 1 time superbowl appereance offensive coordinator

zychi

Banned
McNulty+Bunk

I am only watching the Showtime series The Affair, because I made it as if McNulty retired to New York, became a teacher, and then the series started. Makes the show 10x better

Tommy Carcetti or gtfo.

How does Carcetti
fuck that random white bitch, and then doesn't fuck the chick that got him mayor? I mean if he wasn't a cheater then he shouldn't have fuck either, but if you going to cheat you might as well fuck both!

#TeamStringer

Slo

How does Carcetti
fuck that random white bitch, and then doesn't fuck the chick that got him mayor? I mean if he wasn't a cheater then he shouldn't have fuck either, but if you going to cheat you might as well fuck both!

#TeamStringer

He's a man of morals and principals. People expect better from their mayor.

Carcetti: The Mayor that Baltimore needs.

effzee

Chip Kelley:

Spell his name right fool.

And Chip is miles ahead Reid in understanding the roster and modifying his offense to fit the talent. Took Reid's players to 2 straight 10 win seasons when Reid couldn't manage more than 4 wins. I'm not sold on Chip the GM since it will mean drafting shitty Oregon players in later rounds but at least he will know how to use the actual talent he has.

Still confused about how all this went down. Firing Gamble seemed like a power move for Howie but this now seems like an overhaul tailored for Chip.

Maybe Gamble really screwed up and or butted heads with both.

Won't be shocked if Gamble lands a GM gig. He sure deserves it and it's in his blood. If I'm the Jets, Bills, or Bears that's the guy I'd get. Heard tons of senior scouts who he brought over from SF are going to follow him and leave the Eagles.

Spell his name right fool.

Give_1f9afb_2128730.gif

And Chip is miles ahead Reid in understanding the roster and modifying his offense to fit the talent. .
Until you're entire fanbase gets tired of the Marcus Smiths of the world and go into Reid-style hate mode.;)

bionic77

Serial kinda fizzles out towards the end, although it was totally expected from the beginning. If it hadn't been done in "real time", I guess they could've lost about two eps and tightened it up a bit.

Edit: Better spoilering the above for people who haven't finished Serial

Starts out amazing and the thread lead me towards several great true crime reports. It also lead me to finally reading In Cold Blood.
Disagree.

I thought she ended it the way she should have. If you want crazy theories there is always reddit.

effzee

Give_1f9afb_2128730.gif

Until you're entire fanbase gets tired of the Marcus Smiths of the world and go into Reid-style hate mode.;)

Right but to his credit he didn't force him into his lineup. Reid would have. Reid was behind such picks like G Danny Watkins who was already 27 years old and known to not have his heart in football. Reid drafted him anyway, he stunk it up in training camp, and the Eagles still played him. He drafted horse shit T Winston Justice, played him, and let McNabb sacked 6 times. Or Quentin Demps to replace Dawkins. Or Macho Harris. Reid's last great draft was 05 which produced Trent Cole.

Chip already drafted RT Lane Johnson, TE Ertz, WR Jordan Mathews, and most importantly took what he had and realized strengths and weaknesses.

Reid would try to run the same philosophy no matter who was QB, RB, if he had or didn't have WRs, and did some mad scientist shit like the OLINE coach becoming D-coordinator.

If Chip reaches that level of insanity I'll worry. Right now the worst he did was letting Desean go. I'd even be ok with Marcus Smith if he was taken 2nd and Jordan Mathews in the first round.

Right but to his credit he didn't force him into his lineup. Reid would have. Reid was behind such picks like G Danny Watkins who was already 27 years old and known to not have his heart in football. Reid drafted him anyway, he stunk it up in training camp, and the Eagles still played him. He drafted horse shit T Winston Justice, played him, and let McNabb sacked 6 times. Or Quentin Demps to replace Dawkins. Or Macho Harris. Reid's last great draft was 05 which produced Trent Cole.
You could make that post about so many GM's in football. No one gets it 100% right. In Reid's case it cost him his job. Fair enough. The problem I have with you Eagles fans when it comes to Andy Reid is this view that his last two seasons define the man. Nevermind the 10 years he put your team in a position to win. The 10 years of relevance, playoff appearances, championship games, etc.

What about Fletcher Cox? Michael Kendricks? Brandon Boykin? Jeremy Maclin? LeSean McCoy? Brent Celek? Trent Cole? DeSean Jackson? (now departed)

A healthy portion of your roster is an Andy Reid roster amusingly enough but he can't put a team together? Or adjust?

He came in an took over a Chiefs team in disarray and took them to playoffs year one (after being handed the keys to the organization). He had them in playoff contention to the last week of this season with Alex Smith as his quarterback.

He couldn't win the big one. I get it. I know you guys hate him but good lord I'll never understand the venom from the Eagles fan base.

Milchjon

Disagree.

I thought she ended it the way she should have. If you want crazy theories there is always reddit.

No, I totally agree with the way it ended. It's just that
the last 5 or so episodes (besides maybe episode 10 about the lawyer) don't feel like they're on the same level content-wise as the ones before that. Most of the important stuff has been laid out by that point. I think they could've done a better overall season if they had planned it out in advance (I know, that was against the point of the show) and maybe done it in 9 or 10 episodes.

It's been working great for the last hour for every mp they have on there! I'm fucking ecstatic. I was selling my x1 and now I think I'm gonna keep it.

While I wouldn't go as far as selling it, since there's still some great games, MCC was one of the biggest reasons I bought it. The campaigns are cool, but I already played through all of them so I really wanted to play MP. I'll have to give it another try either tonight or tomorrow and see if it's working again.

Halo 5 is pretty damn cool though.

Milchjon

That looks really good.

I need to start cooking again.

Cooking really isn't that hard. DO IT

Basically, if you throw together some cream, cheese, garlic, onions, salt, pepper, some meat product and some noodles/potatoes, it will come out awesome every time.

(Preboil your pasta/potatoes though.)

Also, fish sauce. Fish sauce is magic. I can't stand fish, but damn, I'm putting that shit in everything meaty these days.

zychi

Banned
While I wouldn't go as far as selling it, since there's still some great games, MCC was one of the biggest reasons I bought it. The campaigns are cool, but I already played through all of them so I really wanted to play MP. I'll have to give it another try either tonight or tomorrow and see if it's working again.

Halo 5 is pretty damn cool though.

I bought my x1 for halo mcc. If they didnt fix it, which it wasnt for me until today, I was selling my x1.
The Halo 5 beta annoys me because they didnt fix MCC before releasing it. H5 is fun, but its no longer Halo to me. I'll probably account share h5 with someone tho.

bionic77

No, I totally agree with the way it ended. It's just that
the last 5 or so episodes (besides maybe episode 10 about the lawyer) don't feel like they're on the same level content-wise as the ones before that. Most of the important stuff has been laid out by that point. I think they could've done a better overall season if they had planned it out in advance (I know, that was against the point of the show) and maybe done it in 9 or 10 episodes.
That's fair.

I didn't think I would even like it but it was done so well it was impossible not to get into it.

Murder on a Sunday morning is still my all time favorite innocent man accused of murder documentary. Better than Shawshank.

Top Bottom