• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

zychi

Banned
I hate this stat

hsNBUDN.png

I'm convinced stats like these are meant to try and be a jinx.

JNA

Banned
I'm convinced stats like these are meant to try and be a jinx.

Same.

All ESPN could talk about last week on the Packers vs Lions game. "Oh never lost at home for over two decades AH!" "Rodgers scoring a touchdown pass every first quarter at home this season WOAH!", etc.

Infuriates me to no end when they do that lol.

Ravens-Steelers games are popularly characterized as wars of attrition; here, the war has already happened. Each of these teams have injury concerns, albeit of drastically different varieties. The Steelers could be missing an irreplaceable star; the Ravens are missing what feels like half of a team. Baltimore has 17 players on injured reserve, more than any other team in this postseason. The average postseason team has only 9.4 players on injured reserve, and the Steelers have just three.

I feel like 14 of them were cornerbacks.

Now Ricky Wagner is out too, and he's been a nice story. Before the year, he was a punchline and thought to be the only weak spot on our OL, and he turned out to be a stud and even earned some All Pro votes. Underrated.

Lol I mean Arizona. This Chip Kelly news has me frazzled

Wanna talk about something else?

I've been playing Far Cry. It's a good game, sure, but the main story line isn't really interesting to be honest and the entire game feels like a direct copy of 3.

I'm more interested in buying Never Alone right now, but I've spent too much money this month already. And I'm moving to a new place in February, so can't really spend more on a game right now.

JNA

Banned

I've been playing Far Cry. It's a good game, sure, but the main story line isn't really interesting to be honest and the entire game feels like a direct copy of 3.

I have the game but haven't played it yet. Do have one question though.

Did they kill off Vaas? Please tell me they didn't kill him off. :(

I have the game but haven't played it yet. Do have one question though.

Did they kill off Vaas? Please tell me they didn't kill him off. :(

In 3 or in 4? Because he's not in 4, since it's a completely different story and location. And I never finished 3 so I don't know.

bionic77

I feel like 14 of them were cornerbacks.

Now Ricky Wagner is out too, and he's been a nice story. Before the year, he was a punchline and thought to be the only weak spot on our OL, and he turned out to be a stud and even earned some All Pro votes. Underrated.
At least you have cornerbacks that make you worse when they get hurt!

Our defense seems to improve with injury afer we bring in some dudes from the parking lot and who had otherwise retired.

Malalaw

Yeah I beat it this week before I started South Park.

Can you imagine how big a deal Shovel Knight would have been if it came out in like 1992? It would have been huge.

It would have been massive! I am hooked. It is such a great game. Hard at times but rewarding as fuck when you get something done. Just upgraded my shovel and armor.

I believe it's coming out within another month or so on PlayStation consoles.

At least you have cornerbacks that make you worse when they get hurt!

Our defense seems to improve with injury afer we bring in some dudes from the parking lot and who had otherwise retired.

I honestly don't know the guy who is starting across from Webb this week. It wasn't 14 corners, but from the same article:

Consider that we played a game of “Ravens Cornerback or The Wire Cast Member?” on the Grantland NFL Podcast last month, and since then, the Ravens have lost two more cornerbacks to season-ending injuries. They have no fewer than five cornerbacks on injured reserve. It’s brutal.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What is going on in Buffalo? That sounds like a complete mess.

Sanjuro

I'm more interested in buying Never Alone right now, but I've spent too much money this month already. And I'm moving to a new place in February, so can't really spend more on a game right now.

Play the GOTY Wolfenstein instead!

Bobandy

Banned
*or until LeBron opts out after this season.

If you haven't been paying attention I think the honeymoon is over already for the fans...They'll be no tears spilled when he leaves this time....His body is breaking down, Love is trash, Kyrie chucks the ball like he's Iverson and Waiters chucks up shots like Kobe minus all of the skill.....Wiggins looking good now lol

Just picked up Luigi and Yoshi Amiibos just now to add to my existing Mario, DK and Kirby ones. Grabbed a copy of Snake Eater 3D for no reason other than it was $10 and I've been on a DS/3DS collecting binge as of late.

Quotient

Bills have requested HC interviews with Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell, Broncos OC Adam Gase, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, Seahawks DC Dan Quinn.

I am surprised the nfl allows teams to interview coaching staff from teams who are in the playoffs.

MechDX

I am surprised the nfl allows teams to interview coaching staff from teams who are in the playoffs.

Teams on a playoff bye week can interview I don't believe the others can. Every coach on your list is on a bye

Doesn't really matter IMO:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora · 7m7 minutes ago
The Bills have found a way to meet with Frank Reich in Sunday before he interviews with Jets. Had been trying to align it. It will happen

Reich is their guy

KaYotiX

Banned
Just picked up Luigi and Yoshi Amiibos just now to add to my existing Mario, DK and Kirby ones. Grabbed a copy of Snake Eater 3D for no reason other than it was $10 and I've been on a DS/3DS collecting binge as of late.

love amiibos, have about 10 of just my fav chars. Waiting on bower, dedede and toon link still.

Also you can only interview for HC only. DC, OC etc... position have to wait.
If some team decides to hire one of these guys, say Quinn goes to Atlanta, do they have to wait to announce it until after Quinn's done in the playoffs? Seems like it would be a pretty big distraction. Also seems it would be impossible to keep under wraps given social media.

Listening to the radio, got some interesting stats. The Lions are 1-4 against teams that made the playoffs this year, which we all know. More surprising: the Lions offense averaged 10.4 points per game in those five matches.

GB Win 19 to 7
CAR Loss 7 to 24
ARZ Loss 6 to 14
NE Loss 9 to 34
GB Loss 20 to 30
(The defense scored 9 of the 19 points in that GB win)

This offense is trash. I'm hyped for the Dallas game, I think we can win (dome+Dallas' bad pass defense)...but I'm not expecting a win.

Bread

Banned
If some team decides to hire one of these guys, say Quinn goes to Atlanta, do they have to wait to announce it until after Quinn's done in the playoffs? Seems like it would be a pretty big distraction. Also seems it would be impossible to keep under wraps given social media.
Nope, I'm pretty sure BOB announced that he was leaving the Pats for Penn State the week before the super bowl.

Top Bottom