• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

Tamanon

Banned
Full day of football for me. My ECU Pirates play the Gators at noon in the Birmingham Bowl, then 2 wild card games. Stocked up on beer at the new place, going to bust open my Ecuadorian stash of Club beers too.

Let's see if I make it to the third game!

Happy NFL Playoff Saturday!

71e2gm

Like I said earlier, my level of stress this year is much lower than it was at this time last year. Panthers are playing on borrowed time and if it ends today, it ends today. No real expectations means I can just enjoy the ride.
Yeah, yeah. You keep telling yourself that. When game time rolls around your heart'll be thumpin' out of your chest. ;)

I'd like to see the Panthers make a run so I'll be pulling for 'em today! Not sure who I want to win the AFC game, basically whoever has a better chance of beating NE.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I think I'll be cheering for PITT in the playoffs. Don't really care for any other team. Especially the lucky fucks in Indy.

Bessy67

All right, playoff time! Hoping for Cardinals and Lions wins this weekend since out of all the teams still alive I feel like the Cardinals are the worst and I want them for the Packers next week ;)

Duxxy3

71e2gm

Like I said earlier, my level of stress this year is much lower than it was at this time last year. Panthers are playing on borrowed time and if it ends today, it ends today. No real expectations means I can just enjoy the ride.

You think the panthers are gonna lose?

You're playing against half a team. The only way the panthers don't win is if the offense intentionally hands the ball off to the defense.

Fucking girlfriend invited her parents over tonight without telling me so instead of relaxing and watching real football I gotta clean our place up and cook for four. Plus since she took two weeks off of work she's been driving me crazy. Monday can't come soon enough.

Bowser

71e2gm

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. But at the end of the day, if we can't beat Ryan Lindley in our house, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What's kas doing now?

He's begun to sound like my late-step-uncle.

Kas has been on a journey throughout the great city of Los Angeles consuming various, quality designer drugs, responsibly, and hanging out with great friends and beautiful women.

Kas has work coming up soon and has learned to master the art of handling drugs responsibly through the help of friends.

Kas may take a trip to Cambodia later tonight to visit the great Chan before the world witnesses the Restoration of the Roar tomorrow.

Restore the Roar.

Cardinals are a far better football team they just don't have a quarterback. Then again the Panthers keep their good qb on the bench so you.neverknow!
I know the rest of the team is better but with the QB factored in I think they are worse. I know you hate Cam but he's a hell of a lot better than Ryan Lindley.

eznark

Banned
I know the rest of the team is better but with the QB factored in I think they are worse. I know you hate Cam but he's a hell of a lot better than Ryan Lindley.

Yeah but the Panthers defense is nonexistent. Like literally not there. Cardinals protect the ball and they should win.

Bowser

Yeah but the Panthers defense is nonexistent. Like literally not there. Cardinals protect the ball and they should win.

Arians' philosophy of deep passing matches up with Carolina's defensive strength though:

But if the Cardinals stick with their deep-passing ways, it may be against the wrong defense. That strategy would also be a big departure from what the Panthers saw this season. Opponents threw more than 35 yards downfield on just 1.8 percent of their pass plays against the Panthers. Only Chicago faced a smaller share of deep passes. This propensity to force short throws comes from the Panthers' defensive strength. Despite a coalescing secondary that has improved through personnel changes over the course of the season, the Panthers' defensive strength is still in their front seven, even without the exiled Greg Hardy. Teams have succeeded by throwing short passes against the Panthers that negate the impact of their pass rush. Unfortunately for the Cardinals, teams have fared worse against the Panthers with the deep pass.

Turnovers are the key difference for Carolina's defense on short versus long passes. The Panthers allow similar yardage per attempt as the rest of the league on both short and deep throws. But while they have intercepted passes at a lower rate (0.93 percent) than other teams (1.57 percent) on throws traveling 15 yards through the air or less, the Panthers have intercepted throws longer than that at a higher rate (12.5 percent) than any other team in the NFL. With Carolina's secondary improved and their pass rush potentially reinvigorated, the Cardinals' deep-throwing tendency matches up particularly poorly against the Panthers.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/game-previews/2015/saturday-wild-card-playoff-preview-2015

Thought it would be interesting to look at Arizona's record and scoring averages by QB starts:

Palmer: 6-0, 25.8 ppg for - 16.8 ppg against
Stanton: 5-3, 16.5 ppg for - 17.9 ppg against (16.0 ppg for - 14.6 ppg against excluding the Denver game where Logan Thomas took over)
Lindley: 0-2, 11.5 ppg for - 27.5 ppg against

effzee

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. But at the end of the day, if we can't beat Ryan Lindley in our house, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

Lol you don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

With that said I'm rooting for the Lions, Panthers, Ravens, and Bengals.

Top Bottom