• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

harSon

Banned
Ugh - Bell being injured flat out sucks. We had done so well staying healthy at key positions this year too... Hell, the injuries we had sustained (Ike and Polamalu) had made us a better team.

He's already on my team and I look forward to the day he leaves. Talent plays, yes, but I'm sure I'm not the only person here who doesn't think it would be worth the headache and the high monetary expense. Take Suh off the team and replace him with a competent Tackle, an outside linebacker, and a new corner, you don't think the overall team defense will be stronger?

Nope

JABEE

LXrvlm8.jpg

rc88smR.jpg

You've Got A Friend

7XVGXXm.jpg

I wouldn't want suh on my team and if you think I'm bull shitting look at what the Seahawks traded Percy Harvin for.

Oh and we've been 9 and 2 since that trade.

Everyone one here hates on Suh but would take him on their team in an instance and you know it.

He did step on Rodgers twice but he's 6'5 300 lbs of steel, not a ballerina. The NFL can't prove his intent one way or another.

Raiola is gone, sure. But you don't want us to resign Suh?
Ummmm, no. Liabilities in big games aren't the people I want my team to go after.

Sephzilla

The only teams that I think would give Suh a JJ Watt level deal are Washington or Oakland. Suh totally has "Dan Snyder bust" written all over him.

Niners biiiiiiiiitch! Come on down cheap yes-man coach! Lots of excitement for niners fans during draft time in the coming years picking consistently in the top 10! Thank you Jed!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
He's already on my team and I look forward to the day he leaves. Talent plays, yes, but I'm sure I'm not the only person here who doesn't think it would be worth the headache and the high monetary expense. Take Suh off the team and replace him with a competent Tackle, an outside linebacker, and a new corner, you don't think the overall team defense will be stronger?

You make it seem like finding a competent tackle, DB and LB through free agency is easy.

We have a franchise defensive player in Suh (and DeAndre Levy). Build around them or go back into rebuilding mode.

Somewhat related Stat of the Day since all we heard was Joe Buck rubbing Aaron Rodgers balls all day yesterday: Aaron Rodgers is 1-10 in his last 11 games against winning teams on the road.

The Cowboys D-line is a bunch of no names and I wouldn't take him. And no matter how much you weigh you don't put your whole weight on one leg when you know you're stepping on something. It's cool to defend your team, but seriously dude this is not really defensible.
Dude, that avatar. I love it. Artist in the Ambulance may be my favorite album of all time.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Source please

Pride of Detroit.

Just this year:

Week 1- Loss 12-4 Seahawks
Week 3- Loss 11-5 Lions
Week 15- Loss 9-7 Buffalo Bills

You wouldn't hear that from all the slurping Joe Buck was giving Aaron Rodgers while he kept mentioning Staffords stat.

DMczaf

Kirk mother fucking Cousins is making demands now? That piece of shit has got a lot of nerve. And people say Bob is an entitled diva.

It's ok though, he's just being competitive and showing how much he wants to win or something...

something something high motor

Sephzilla

Pride of Detroit.

Just this year:

Week 3- Loss 11-5 Lions

Does this technically count? They werent a winning team at that point, 0-0 is technically not a winning record.
Given that they're the defending champs at that point, yeah it should

Still is better than 0 for your career against winning teams on the road.

Rodgers also ran the table against road teams during the super bowl year.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Lol, the thing I remember the most about Del Rio after he joined the Broncos from Gata's team was that he would rather be coaching in January instead of laying on the beach. Last thing I need is every former Broncos coordinator coaching the rest of the AFC West. Smh . I mean San Diego already knows all the Broncos signals.

And yet the AFC West keeps losing.

Including the Playoffs, Denver is 18-1 vs the AFC West over the last 3 years.

brentech

Welp. Unlike Raiola I don't see how the NFL can prove what Suhs intent was. There were numerous, questionable hits on Stafford as well (possible payback) that didn't get called or noticed. Maybe Suh stepped on Rodgers on purpose or maybe he couldn't maintain momentum.

Hope he appeals his suspension and wins. I don't believe in taking out the best defensive player in the league in a playoff game but that just seems to be the luck of our draw as a franchise throughout our history.

Time for the offense to step the fuck up because Lions fans calling for us not to resign Suh and go elsewhere will see how much we miss him this Sunday. =/
It's not like Suh played yesterday, so what's there to miss.

His body of work afterwards, he went to a horrifically run Rams org
Which he ran. He was given personnel decision making ability as well as full control of the coaching staff. At the very least his defense shouldn't have been complete shit, right?

went to the Saints after bounty gate. There was no chance for him to succeed in New Orleans
Outside of Sean Payton not being there, what was preventing him from fielding a stout defense in NO? Nevermind stout. It was one of the worst defenses in NFL HISTORY.

The 2011 team that you 100% know was carried by Eli, Cruz and Nicks.
Regular season? Sure. Playoffs? When that defense was giving up less than 14 points a game. No. Are we just going to ignore that in the process? I mean I want Fewell gone but lets give the man his due for that run and for 2010 where he fielded a pretty good defense.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Pride of Detroit.

Just this year:

Week 3- Loss 11-5 Lions

You wouldn't hear that from all the slurping Joe Buck was giving Aaron Rodgers while he kept mentioning Staffords stat.

Bills beat the Lions, too. Defense wins you a 9-7* season!

Doorman

You make it seem like finding a competent tackle, DB and LB through free agency is easy.

We have a franchise defensive player in Suh (and DeAndre Levy). Build around them or go back into rebuilding mode.

You're right, it's not easy. But it's what we're more than likely going to have to do anyway, so that's the road I choose to put my focus into. Especially when the alternative is figuring out how to fill incredibly cheap stopgaps in the event that we back up a yacht-full of money to Suh's yard and he gets to kick back during his next two-game suspension while the team flounders.

Stafford's inconsistency is still a bigger issue to me than Suh's occasionally dirty play, and if it were totally up to me I would rather replace Stafford over Suh, but that's not reality, and this right here is our opportunity to get things right rather than continue to tie the futures of our franchise onto three very flawed players. I'm completely convinced that this team will never sustain a level of success with this Stafford-Johnson-Suh triad, so I guess if I'm putting this into short-form, yeah, my choice is for rebuilding mode.

JABEE

The Lions are a concept by which we measure our pain.

I'll say it again.

The Lions are a concept by which we measure our pain.

The roar is over
What can I say?
The roar is over
Yesterday
I was the fat man
but not I'm a fat loser
I was the Walrus
But now I'm Matt
And so Dear Kas
You just have to carry on
The roar is over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQcU5w915p8