• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

So any good DTs that can possibly slip into the late first round. Just curious. Also I'm apart of the I'm done with Suh group.

Leonard Williams, Danny Shelton, Eddie Goldman, Arik Armstead, Michael Bennett (yes he has the same exact name as the guy on the Seahawks).

How crazy would it be if the Seahawks have Michael Bennett at DT, and Michael Bennett at DT at the same time?

Michael Bennett X2!

Sephzilla

i dont think suh will win his appeal. he's going to have a hard time justifying the second step, putting his weight all on that foot, and never reacting to either what he was stepping on nor rodgers getting pissed at him.

rando14

We're gonna probably end up cutting Mebane next year.

iymLoMW.gif

thank goodness you guys didn't take aaron donald and settled for a WR

Yo damn lol

Draxal

Leonard Williams, Danny Shelton, Eddie Goldman, Arik Armstead, Michael Bennett (yes he has the same exact name as the guy on the Seahawks).

How crazy would it be if the Seahawks have Michael Bennett at DT, and Michael Bennett at DT at the same time?

Michael Bennett X2!

Leonard Williams is not fallling out of the top 5 (and he's probably a 4-3 de).

brentech

Kind of nice to see Vernon Davis have nice words for Harbs. I'm sure not all the players felt that way, but what he said largely seemed true about giving the team an identity.

Most of Lions-GAF are okay but after hearing so much shit all season about Week 3 and "Rodgers is faking" and "the refs screwed us" nonsense in the past 24 hours, I will only rejoice at your continued suffering.

I will not be satisfied until your franchise is rubble and the Browns and Jags look upon you with pity.

Don't get me wrong: Packers are probably losing in the playoffs if they can get by Dallas but we don't hang participation banners for playoff appearances.

Moral victories is for minor league coaches.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Pride of Detroit, who are usually fair and spot on with their analysis of the franchise as a whole, summed up my "Fuck Roger Godell" sentiment pretty well:

The Detroit Lions will have to take on the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday without their best defensive player, as Ndamukong Suh has been hit with a one-game suspension for stepping on Aaron Rodgers. Seriously.

Much like Dominic Raiola's suspension last week, Suh's suspension likely has more to do with his past actions than anything. Even so, it seems pretty ridiculous to suspend a player for stepping on someone. He didn't stomp on Rodgers, yet he got the exact same punishment as Raiola, who blatantly stomped on a Chicago Bears player. That's beyond moronic.

To make matters worse, there's a very good chance that Suh's Lions career is now over. He's set to become a free agent this coming offseason, and it's possible that he will sign with another team. If that happens, he won't play another snap for the Lions unless they win on Sunday, and that now seems like an impossible task with their top player on defense suspended.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything the NFL does at this point, as this is just the latest example of inconsistent discipline from them. Even so, it's beyond frustrating to see certain players and teams given preferential treatment in situations like this. Get into a brawl with another team? No big deal, here's a simple fine. Kick a punter in the face? No suspension, just a fine. But step on a player, perhaps inadvertently? You're suspended for a playoff game because you have a "history." Give me a break.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/12/29/7463941/ndamukong-suh-suspended-lions-cowboys

Fuck this, I hope Suh wins his appeal. Lions fans who don't want us to resign Suh should reconsider and if he somehow loses his appeal than you'll see how good of a player he truly is and how much we need him going forward.

If Suh does not play Sunday, then Stafford and Megatron will have to put the team on their backs and beat the Cowboys like the last two times we saw them.

Restore the Roar.

BigAT

Good to see Suh get what he deserves. I think there is an argument to be made for multiple games, but I think one works given it's a playoff game.

Dragon

Banned
Pride of Detroit, who are usually fair and spot on with their analysis of the franchise as a whole, summed up my "Fuck Roger Godell" sentiment pretty well:

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/12/29/7463941/ndamukong-suh-suspended-lions-cowboys

Fuck this, I hope Suh wins his appeal. Lions fans who don't want us to resign Suh should reconsider and if he somehow loses his appeal than you'll see how good of a player he truly is and how much we need him going forward.

If Suh does not play Sunday, then Stafford and Megatron will have to put the team on their backs and beat the Cowboys like the last two times we saw them.

Restore the Roar.

Who is Roger Godell?

Fantomex

Restore the Roar.

I doubt a site named Pride of Detroit is fair and balanced.

Michael Bennett X2!

Titans gonna draft Williams. Posted this in last Weeks thread and the off season thread

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm not holding my breath. I'm so glad I don't have to work this week and deal with these Packer fucks at work.

I'm getting bombarded with texts from Packer friends. One to quote "we'll always own the division and the Packers are Americas team." Theyre worse than Cowboy fans.

Mind you most of my friends are born and raised in L.A. and like most Packer fans are band wagoners who have no connection to that city in the middle of no where.

Sephzilla

Restore the Roar.

That article is a crock of shit. Suh's history has to be taken into account when weighting the severity of his penalty for this because, if anything, it clearly shows that the penalties he's gotten in the past for his bonehead stupidity were't severe enough and that he's going to keep doing dirty shit like this unless the league really starts cracking down on him.

Here's a novel idea, Detroit fans, how about instead of getting mad at Goodell for suspending him how about you get mad at Suh for even putting himself in that situation in the first place? He should be smart enough to know that there are cameras all over the place watching the field, especially the star QB of the other team, and that extra eyes are always on Suh specifically because of his history.

brentech

Pride of Detroit, who are usually fair and spot on with their analysis of the franchise as a whole, summed up my "Fuck Roger Godell" sentiment pretty well

Losers lose. Then find excuses.
Even if he wins his appeal, will he show up in the game or will a rookie C with more than 2 games under his feet stonewall him. Best DT in the league ain't on that team homie

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jimmy G was fun on Sunday though I was getting childhood flashbacks to the Bledsoe era with how long he was holding onto the ball for.

Spinluck

The Colts season was kinda boring b/c it was so predictable. Never were going to lose the AFC South but also never going to get a bye. Inevitable loss to New England or Denver. I guess losing to Pittsburgh is a possible twist. Feel like beating the Bengals is kinda lol at this point with playoffs Dalton

"If you're not getting better, you're getting worse." -Andrew Luck

Three 11-5 seasons in this division and we can't take advantage of it. It's a shitty feeling to feel like you're running in place... having the same issues you've had for 3 years. I'll give them the Mathis injury though, that just sucks.

The saddest thing here is Luck finding the nicest way possible to say that our team is shit. He's accepted that he will have to carry us while we roll around in shit. I pray that he doesn't throw too many Luckceptions in the process.

You can't compare Suh to Antonio Brown and other players who don't have a long ass history of doing ignorant, downright reprehensible shit. If you have a history of cheating, you're not going to get the benefit of the doubt when your girl checks your phone and sees those texts from Gata's mom. It might just be some innocuous shit like "hey can u take Gata to teeball practice?"...it doesn't matter, your girl is not going to give you the benefit of the doubt. Even if you only cheated once.

Grexeno

Fuuuuuck. I seriously hope Bell is able to play on Saturday, but if he isn't able to, we better beat the Ravens and get him back for Denver.

cdyhybrid

You could have stopped there and invalidated the entirety of that article. I love how it just glosses over the very real history the Suh has in the league.

The site's called Pride of Detroit, of course it's gonna gloss over that.

You can't compare Suh to Antonio Brown and other players who don't have a long ass history of doing ignorant, downright reprehensible shit. If you have a history of cheating, you're not going to get the benefit of the doubt when your girl checks your phone and sees those texts from Gata's mom. It might just be some innocuous shit like "hey can u take Gata to teeball practice?"...it doesn't matter, your girl is not going to give you the benefit of the doubt. Even if you only cheated once.

:jnc

Top Bottom