• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

JABEE

Suh is a dickhead and can't go around stomping on people. but that "stomp" was minor. It happened to the MVP so it became a suspension.

Congrats on the playoff win, Dallas. You didn't earn it.

Another year of Kas making excuses for Detroit's failures.

JABEE

It's time for you to adopt us as your bird bros...... BRO!

I wanted Seattle to win last season, and I'm okay with it happening again. Carolina or Seattle winning are the least objectionable outcomes in the NFC. In the AFC, I'm good with Denver or Indy winning.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Suh isn't getting a big contract with the way he gets penalties but I think him and watt will do fine together

RBH

Dallas gets a huge break from the league. Who would have guessed?

Don't touch Aaron, or his friends upstairs will make you pay.

Suh is a dickhead and can't go around stomping on people. but that "stomp" was minor. It happened to the MVP so it became a suspension.

Congrats on the playoff win, Dallas. You didn't earn it.

Another year of Kas making excuses for Detroit's failures.

:lol

I went to lions.com instead of detroitlions.com and this was the image on the page:

uAkOgSM.png

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
It great that Jimmy G is gonna get a superbowl ring so when he starts in 2018 he will have two because of brady

That was a bullshit move by Suh and it deserved a suspension given his history of doing that type of "extracurricular" play. I find it ridiculous anyone is actually defending it as not being intentional much less defending it as being some sort of injustice.

Sephzilla

Plugging a hole is signing for depth. It just costs too much money to build your team from FA and the dividends never last long enough. Of course there are exceptions (like the once in a career Manning FA that instantly made the Broncos contenders).

Well, to clarify, I wouldn't say Ted needs to go full Dan Snyder and just try to build a team through free agency. I think he just needs to use free agency a little more to get some talent that compliments the talent he's already drafted. A little bit of jelly to go with the peanut butter, y'know?

All he did was step backwards.

Twice

Draxal

Play better defense. That helps to save your coach.;)

As for Pugh, I got a laugh at the assertion to move him to guard after he explicitly just said the coaching staff has no intention of doing so. Persistent bunch.:D He's the right tackle guys.

It's not the first time Reese has forced a change down Coughlin's throat before. My scheme did have Pugh only going to guard for a year though.

Bread

Banned
no one is calling it a "stomp", it doesn't have to be a stomp to be an unbelievably dirty play. He put 300 pounds of his weight on a player's ankle on purpose. How is that minor?

JABEE

That was a bullshit move by Suh and it deserved a suspension given his history of doing that type of "extracurricular" play.

You're probably right. I keep forgetting that the NFL doesn't work like the NHL where the head of discipline says that playoff games count for 5 regular season games. Players are rarely suspended in the playoffs.

Suh deserved it for his body of work. It just annoys me to see Dallas getting these breaks. Those were our breaks. :(

Sephzilla

You're probably right. I keep forgetting that the NFL doesn't work like the NHL where the head of discipline says that playoff games count for 5 regular season games. Players are rarely suspended in the playoffs.

Suh deserved it for his body of work. It just annoys me to see Dallas getting these breaks. Those were our breaks. :(

Dallas got a break the moment they found out Matt "0-16" Stafford was coming to town

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Welp. Unlike Raiola I don't see how the NFL can prove what Suhs intent was. There were numerous, questionable hits on Stafford as well (possible payback) that didn't get called or noticed. Maybe Suh stepped on Rodgers on purpose or maybe he couldn't maintain momentum.

Hope he appeals his suspension and wins. I don't believe in taking out the best defensive player in the league in a playoff game but that just seems to be the luck of our draw as a franchise throughout our history.

Time for the offense to step the fuck up because Lions fans calling for us not to resign Suh and go elsewhere will see how much we miss him this Sunday. =/

Talon

Finally in Seoul after 20 hours of travel. Didn't see the results til now.

Yeeeeeahhhh #8 pick! Come down south, Rex!

Draxal

Mike Garafolo & #8207;@MikeGarafolo
Mentioned on air a little bit ago there's been a steady drumbeat about a possible return to NYG for Steve Spagnuolo that isn't going away.

It might be happening.

no one is calling it a "stomp", it doesn't have to be a stomp to be an unbelievably dirty play. He put 300 pounds of his weight on a player's ankle on purpose. How is that minor?

It's not minor no matter how anyone tries to spin it on here. Either they are Lions fans or hate the Cowboys so they try to make excuses for that dirty play. If it was the Lions playing the Eagles I'm sure he'd be singing a different tune.

Doorman

It's ridiculous they are suspending Suh. I don't see how they can they prove intent. All he did was step backwards.

He stepped backwards. Twice. And placed all his weight on a back foot that he knew was on top of the opposing team's quarterback. The fact that Rodgers hit and yelled at him and he didn't even break stride or look back tells you that he absolutely knew what he'd done. There was no surprised recognition, no "oh oops, sorry." Just Suh doing what he does and trying to play it off like he never knew Rodgers was there.

Suh is a really great player when he's dialed in, but I will never miss his presence on this team. Goodbye, good luck, and good riddance. Take Stafford with you and maybe we can actually rebuild this team properly.

bionic77

Bell can hardly walk? Ugh. I don't like the way that sounds.

I've had knee injuries before and they always feel worse the day after but almost always feel better rather quickly. Still doesn't put my mind at ease though.
Yeah doesn't sound good.

Sounds like a MCL sprain to me.

If any hint of weakness we better be smart and rest him.

No reason to risk him. Dude is a future keystone of the team. We need to protect that shit.

watershed

Banned
Glad Suh got suspended. The league had to act. Two dirty plays two weeks in a row from two notoriously dirty players is no accident.

Eagles should have handled their business and beat a crappy Redskins team, be mad at Sanchez and company.

Hunter S.

If the Broncos don't make the SB or get embarrassed in the SB, they need to hire Rex Ryan for those last couple of Peyton years.
If Del Rio stays on they are good on defense. They get Brandon Marshell and T.J. Ward back for the divisional round. People need to realize this team is mostly about D and a balanced offense this year.

JABEE

It's not minor no matter how anyone tries to spin it on here. Either they are Lions fans or hate the Cowboys so they try to make excuses for that dirty play. If it was the Lions playing the Eagles I'm sure he'd be singing a different tune.

I would be extremely happy. Take Suh off the Lions, and Sunday will be a lot easier.

Sephzilla

Welp. Unlike Raiola I don't see how the NFL can prove what Suhs intent was. There were numerous, questionable hits on Stafford as well (possible payback) that didn't get called or noticed. Maybe Suh stepped on Rodgers on purpose or maybe he couldn't maintain momentum.

Hope he appeals his suspension and wins. I don't believe in taking out the best defensive player in the league in a playoff game but that just seems to be the luck of our draw as a franchise throughout our history.

Time for the offense to step the fuck up because Lions fans calling for us not to resign Suh and go elsewhere will see how much we miss him this Sunday. =/

JJ Watt didn't make the playoffs though

That was a bullshit move by Suh and it deserved a suspension given his history of doing that type of "extracurricular" play. I find it ridiculous anyone is actually defending it as not being intentional much less defending it as being some sort of injustice.

I think the general consensus is that the first step was 100% accidental, but the 2nd looks really intentional. It's like oh I'm on his foot, let me just stand here for another second and plant the second leg down too while I'm at it.

Top Bottom